Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where?

Options
  • 31-05-2010 12:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭

Hi all,

Currently looking for our house and we were after some advice regarding which area. Our prereuisites are:

-3 bed (not mid-terrace).
    -Old needing work (price would have to reflect this) or recent.
    -Southside (as fiance works in Sandyford).
    -Near to Dart (as I work in Ringsend).
    -Not willing to pay more than €400K in current marked, this assumes that the asking price will be €50K or more greater.
    - Close to a village centre where you could walk to a nice restaurant.
    - Close to the sea (half hour walk).

We began looking at the North side but it would mean my fiance changing jobs and is not easily done at present time. We then started looking as far South as Shankill but the village is a bit small. We looked at Monkstown this weekend and like it as a village but any houses are a god distance out. I know we are prob after a bit much but any advice appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭Duckjob

Dubsey wrote: »
    Hi all,
    - 3 bed (not mid-terrace).
    -Not willing to pay more than €400K in current marked

Do you mind me asking what year you live in?

I would suggest you take a good read of http://www.thepropertypin.com and http://www.irishpropertywatch.com .

If you're willing to drop 400K on a 3 bed semi or end-terrace in the current market, then financially, you're a lamb lining up for the slaughter IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭ricman

If you buy a 3bed for 400k, it,ll probably be worth 300k in 2011.Prices are declining the government is just depending on bonds loans to keep the banks going.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,493 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

I suggest Greystones ...its got everything on your wish list...you should be able to get a house Redford park for that price they are a bit small....or you could look at Belview heights another nice estate.

Advertisement