Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Good article on descending technique

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Good article, timely too, I ended up screaming like a little girl on the descent into Enniskerry yesterday cos I couldn't stop (Apologies to the rider I narrowly missed). His piece about tension is exactly what I'm guilty of, when the road surface is really bad I can feel myself being thrown forward on the bike.

What do people feel about descents like Barrack Road coming from Johnnie Fox's? Found the amount of gravel in different parts of the road disconcerting, even shot into someone's driveway halfway down so I could stop picking up speed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭jag con

Good article, timely too, I ended up screaming like a little girl on the descent into Enniskerry yesterday cos I couldn't stop (Apologies to the rider I narrowly missed). His piece about tension is exactly what I'm guilty of, when the road surface is really bad I can feel myself being thrown forward on the bike.

What do people feel about descents like Barrack Road coming from Johnnie Fox's? Found the amount of gravel in different parts of the road disconcerting, even shot into someone's driveway halfway down so I could stop picking up speed.

I think that was me was it between 1-2 pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

jag con wrote: »
    I think that was me was it between 1-2 pm

No, I remember checking time and then forgetting, it was around the 6pm mark. Glad I wasn't the only one though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,458 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

74kmh my most recent max speed coming down off the none zig zag side of glengesh didnt even ralise i was going that fast, just relax keep the wiehgt back, only brake for corners when you have to ! the Focus cayo is rock solid at those speeds though

but i do 60 kmh ever day going to work from my house to town maybe you just get used to it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

74kmh my most recent max speed coming down off the none zig zag side of glengesh didnt even ralise i was going that fast, just relax keep the wiehgt back, only brake for corners when you have to ! the Focus cayo is rock solid at those speeds though

but i do 60 kmh ever day going to work from my house to town maybe you just get used to it
    What is your speed for the return leg?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,458 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

ROK ON wrote: »
    What is your speed for the return leg?

ha ha, i think the climb took me 17 mins (2km about 7km/h) (thats the main from the bottom of the switchbacks to the KOM line ) thats all i tiimed myself for, have to check the gps trace fro a more detailed analysis

Advertisement