Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

World Cup group winners

• 31-05-2010 4:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,948 ✭✭✭✭

Guys

Not a big gambler at all but i may have found something that's offering a great return IF i am reading it correct.

On PaddyPower, if i pick the favourites in each group to win there respective group, they are

Italy 8/15
    Spain 2/7
    Brazil 8/13
    Holland 8/13
    Germany 4/5
    England 3/10
    Argentina 2/5
    France Evens

Now if i choose to bet 8 sevenfolds here, at 10 euro each, would cost me 80 euro, with potential returns of 1755.11!!!

To me that sounds like a great flutter, anybody else agree/disagree?? Is this a fools bet?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Kevin11

France are terrible value in my opinion.
    Even though they are in a poorish group no way should they be evens when Mexico and Uruguay at 4 and 5/1.
    Leave them out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Go back over the years and look at the favs in the Group stages and see how many of them have actually won their Groups.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 287 ✭✭RocketRonnie

scudzilla wrote: »
    Guys

Not a big gambler at all but i may have found something that's offering a great return IF i am reading it correct.

On PaddyPower, if i pick the favourites in each group to win there respective group, they are

Italy 8/15
    Spain 2/7
    Brazil 8/13
    Holland 8/13
    Germany 4/5
    England 3/10
    Argentina 2/5
    France Evens

Now if i choose to bet 8 sevenfolds here, at 10 euro each, would cost me 80 euro, with potential returns of 1755.11!!!

To me that sounds like a great flutter, anybody else agree/disagree?? Is this a fools bet?

I wouldnt fancy the sevenfolds bet, it will only be a profitable bet if all 8 win.... All the fav's to win is about 33/1...

To me an accum seem's a better bet than the 7-folds.... only my opinion of course!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

I'd be doubtful about France seeing the second round, let alone not winning the group. The group is poor but France are playing bad at the moment and have been for a while. Uruguay are average and may end up winning the group and South Africa as hosts are going to give everything and will be hard to beat. Italy and Spain are also potential banana skins, but the others seem like they have a great chance of taking their respective groups. Personally I'll be doing an accumulator on those teams. Best of luck with whatever you decide on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 522 ✭✭✭ValueSeeker

You can still get 10/3 on Serbia to win their group on Hills.

Good value.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭jacool

last time round 7 favs one, the exception being France.
    2002 was a minefield for favs, this year will be more predictable, but France are the dodgiest ahead of Germany.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Verance

jacool wrote: »
    last time round 7 favs one, the exception being France.
    2002 was a minefield for favs, this year will be more predictable, but France are the dodgiest ahead of Germany.
    I doubt it very much tbh. I'd be worried about France, Brazil, Germany and I think USA will be value against England.

In 2002 only three favourites won their groups.
    I believe that at least 4 favourites will win their groups this time round.
    So I'll stand by "2002 was a minefield for favs, this year will be more predictable"
    We'll know in four weeks !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Verance

jacool wrote: »
    In 2002 only three favourites won their groups.
    I believe that at least 4 favourites will win their groups this time round.
    So I'll stand by "2002 was a minefield for favs, this year will be more predictable"
    We'll know in four weeks !
    You're on matey ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Think I might have a look at Uruguay at 7/2 now. Was also considering the Serbs (and to make it to the semis) but their result the other day has me a little worried.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Goldcupfav

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Think I might have a look at Uruguay at 7/2 now. Was also considering the Serbs (and to make it to the semis) but their result the other day has me a little worried.

Wouldnt worry about their results or any teams results in friendly matches going in to the World Cup totally different ball game when it comes down to the real thing! If anything it will push Serbia's price out which can only be good news if you fancy them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I know you can't look too into friendly results but I also don't think their as insignificant as you believe. Serbias odds improving might be a nice bonus though.

Uruguay/Argentina/Holland/Germany all to to top their groups at just over 17/1. Interesting....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,948 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Thanks for the advice guys, didn't do the bet, ya all made me realise it was a bad 'un. Saved me a few quid for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭ondarack

i went for usa,germany, holland and spain all to top group at 18/1. fingers crossed now, 2 in already:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭dotsflan

ondarack wrote: »
    i went for usa,germany, holland and spain all to top group at 18/1. fingers crossed now, 2 in already:)

there was a thread started for atfer timing, think this belongs there;)

dotsflan wrote: »
    there was a thread started for atfer timing, think this belongs there;)

:D i know, i dont post that often...and even if i did people would have laughed at the thought of USA finishing top. no doubt spain will f*ck it up tonight tho.

My Bets is a quick way for you to see your open bets.

Date Bet Type Details Result Stake Returns 11/06/2010Accumulator (4) To Win[URL="file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Gary%20Wallace/My%20Documents/my%20stuff/funny/my_account.htm#"]Spain @ 1/4
    Group Betting
    Group H[/URL]Pending€10.00 [URL="file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Gary%20Wallace/My%20Documents/my%20stuff/funny/my_account.htm#"]Holland @ 8/15
    Group Betting
    Group E[/URL]Win[URL="file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Gary%20Wallace/My%20Documents/my%20stuff/funny/my_account.htm#"]Germany @ 4/5
    Group Betting
    Group D[/URL]Win[URL="file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Gary%20Wallace/My%20Documents/my%20stuff/funny/my_account.htm#"]USA @ 9/2
    Group Betting
    Group C[/URL]Win

PaddyPower.com does not accept bets or play from individuals under 18 years of age. PaddyPower.com does not accept bets or play from US residents.
      Payment Processing

Verance wrote: »
      You're on matey ;)
      Italy 8/15
      Spain 2/7 win
      Brazil 8/13 win
      Holland 8/13 win
      Germany 4/5 win
      England 3/10
      Argentina 2/5 win
      France Evens