Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aid Floatillas Attacked

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Resi12

Yes, Zionazism as some are calling it.

Like this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭bambooze

wes wrote: »
    Secular repuiblic actually. Get your facts straight.

No, the current government is islamist and has been working hard to turn the country that way.. openly cracking down on the military, the traditional protectors of secular democracy there.. turkey has turned east, to its muslim neighbours and away from europe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

bambooze wrote: »
    riiggght.. verified by an islamic country, openly hostile to israel and cozying up with iran & syria - sure I'd trust them! :rolleyes:

Oh right. It was one huge conspiracy to trap the soldiers on a civilian ship. With all these arms that the civilians supposedly had, how many Israeli soldiers are dead? Answer: none.

By the way, I noticed that you registered just to spew your nonsense on this thread, so I'll take what you have to say with a grain of salt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

An Israeli spokesperson, now that's someone you can trust :rolleyes:

'Yes, we are building some nice houses on somebody elses land, but it's really their fault'

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

No, the current government is islamist and has been working hard to turn the country that way.. openly cracking down on the military, the traditional protectors of secular democracy there.. turkey has turned east, to its muslim neighbours and away from europe.

No, your talking nonsense. Turkey is a secular state, and your claims are false.

Also, Turkey has a policy of 0 problems with all neighbours, which include there neighbours to the East.

Pathetic attempt at smearing btw.

• Advertisement

Kivaro wrote: »
    Oh right. It was one huge conspiracy to trap the soldiers on a civilian ship.

Not what I said at all - I just wouldn't trust a hostile state with my security, would you?
    With all these arms that the civilians supposedly had, how many Israeli soldiers are dead? Answer: none.
    But several were wounded..

Its that same old argument I see so often - "how many israelis were killed by hamas rockets? none/one/few (some variation of that) therefore its all ok." Just because israels weapons are better, its army more efficient does not nullify the murderous intent of hamas with their thousands of rockets and mortars. (In actual fact many israeli civilians were killed and wounded)
    By the way, I noticed that you registered just to spew your nonsense on this thread, so I'll take what you have to say with a grain of salt.
    I registered to add some balance to the usual anti-israel garbage. Take it leave it, ignorance is bliss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭aDeener

does anyone know the israelir products that are commonly sold here? would like to do my little bit by not purchasing any (i possibly already dont). dirty scum.

wes wrote: »
    No, your talking nonsense. Turkey is a secular state, and your claims are false.

So I suggest you read up on the changes the current islamist regime is implementing.. the freedoms removed, the placing of islamic lackeys in key positions (in education for example), the arrest of top generals and war heros (people with the power to motivate the populace).. Turkey is indeed officially a secular state but its long treasured secularism is rapidly being eroded by Erdogan. These are facts, research for youself.
    Also, Turkey has a policy of 0 problems with all neighbours, which include there neighbours to the East.
    Not sure I follow you.. I didn't say they have any problems with their neighbours to the east, quite the opposite - I said they are busy cozying up to such paragons of freedom and democracy like syria and iran..

Although having said that they do have a few problems with the kurds.. 6 soldiers killed today in fact.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Isreal Ireland is was a terrorist entity hell bent on re-creating some biblical republican fantasy, by ethnically cleansing the indigenous squatter populace..
    A better description would be Ireland was invaded and planted by non indigenous people bent on creating a religious ecoomic state that suited them. Oh sorry that's what happened.
    Israel is the only country in the world for jews.. like ireland is for the irish - would you think it fine and dandy if the brits still ruled all of ireland? Are you just happy to ignore the brutal warfare that gave rise to what Ireland is today?
    You really are mixing historical metaphors here arent you? Israel today is what Ireland would have looked like if the plantations had succeeded and they nearly did. Wholesale land theft, forcing the indigenous populations into smaller and smaller roles into the society. Indeed even if the plantations had succeeded it wouldnt have been nearly as bad as Israel. Compare if you will the demographics of Palestine in 1920 and today. Better yet compare the land ownership. The Palestinians dont hold all the cards when it comes to religious nutters claiming their imaginary friend gave them the land. Someone elses land. If you want to talk genetics and the land, the palestinians have more rights to that land than many if not most of the European Jews who settled it. When one of the lost tribes was found in Africa there were some eggs on faces when it was shown that genetically these black africans had more local gene connection to that area of the world than many Jews. It would be like if 10 million "Irish" americans decided in a 1000 years to take over Ireland as it was "theirs". It's an invented state, pure and simple. I agree it needed to be invented after WW2, but talk about going about it the wrong way.
    Eh I call ballsology on that. I'm no lover of most of the flavours of fervent Islam. No way and I would have some issues/questions with Turkey coming into the EU, but calling Turkey islamist is a bit of a stretch.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

aDeener wrote: »
    does anyone know the israelir products that are commonly sold here? would like to do my little bit by not purchasing any (i possibly already dont). dirty scum.

http://www.ipsc.ie/campaigns_consumer_boycott.php

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

Facts need to be established first and foremost. I think there is propaganda from both sides at the moment. Initially it seems that the Israelis overreacted and have given a disproportionate response. They are only making life difficult for themselves. Why they do this I do not know. Has any one asked why certain foods are not permitted? I can understand components that could be used for militart use such as computers or steel but food items should be a basic right that should not be restricted. It will be interesting to see the response from the US administration to this. There is already a lot of tension between the 2 countries and this is likely to further lead to starined relations. Israel is not winning many friends doing what they do. If Israel wants a secure future they need to develop relationships with the countries that surround them. I fear that religous fundamentalism of minority groups plays a significant role in the conflict on both sides of the fence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭moonpurple

<Please link to a list instead>

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭eamo12

aDeener wrote: »

Personally, I will be buying twice as much Israeli produce than usual because I support their right to exist free from the terrorist state that wants to wipe them off the face of the map. I'm sure anti-Israeli Michael Martin will push for a ban which is akin to overtly supporting hamas.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

The list above is significantly inaccurate, can it be removed please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

MojoMaker wrote: »

Do you mean incomplete or incorrect ?

In what way is it inaccurate ?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

MojoMaker wrote: »
    Just as that poster claimed it was accurate by posting it you claimed it was not.
    Both failed to provide a reason why.
    Next time provide a reason, both of you.
    List removed anyway as I will not see shops slagged that may not even have Israeli produce.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Not what I said at all - I just wouldn't trust a hostile state with my security, would you?
    Hostile state?Hmmm OK how about a state in the middle east with undisclosed amounts of nuclear weapons. A state that was prepared to sell such weapons and expertise to South Africa under apartheid. A "hostile state" at the time. A state that has ignored international law when it suited almost since its inception. A state that continues to do so. A state that was built on ethnic invasion of an existing culture. A state that has a woeful human rights record noted by various arms of the UN, the red cross and amnesty international. A state that has invaded its neighbours on more than a few occasions and commited what could well be described as war crimes. A state that is running an illegal blockade, causing untold misery behind said blockade. The list is long. http://www.jpost.com/International/Article.aspx?id=176596
    But several were wounded..
    Several Israeli wounded, 18/19 killed on the other side? Seems about par for the course with them, ratio wise.
    I registered to add some balance to the usual anti-israel garbage. Take it leave it, ignorance is bliss.
    So is blind faith on either side.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭moonpurple

list of products to boycott

just look for country of origen
    or bloodstains (children's blood)

http://www.ipsc.ie/campaigns_consumer_boycott.php

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Bloodthirsty Jews, think its time the International community come together and return the stolen lands to the Palestinian people.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭eamo12

Wibbs wrote: »
    A better description would be Ireland was invaded and planted by non indigenous people bent on creating a religious ecoomic state that suited them. Oh sorry that's what happened.

Don't be such a racist - haven't you been educated about how much multiculturalism has benefited this country?

• Advertisement

Wibbs wrote: »
    Eh I call ballsology on that. I'm no lover of most of the flavours of fervent Islam. No way and I would have some issues/questions with Turkey coming into the EU, but calling Turkey islamist is a bit of a stretch.

On March 2006, the Supreme Board of Judges and Prosecutors (HSYK) for the first time in Turkey's history held a press conference and publicly protest the obstruction of the appointment of judges to the high courts for over 10 months. It claimed Erdogan wanted to fill the vacant posts with his own appointees.

On April 14, 2007, an estimated 300,000 people marched in Ankara to protest the possible candidacy of Erdoğan in the 2007 presidential election, afraid that if elected as President, he would alter the secular nature of the Turkish state. Erdoğan announced on April 24, 2007 that the party had decided to nominate Abdullah Gül as the AKP candidate in the presidential election. The protests continued over the next several weeks, with over one million reported at an April 29 rally in Istanbul, tens of thousands reported at separate protests on May 4 in Manisa and Çanakkale, and anywhere from one to two million in İzmir on May 13.

On 14 March 2008, Turkey's Chief Prosecutor asked the country's Constitutional Court to ban Erdogan's governing party.

After deliberating for three months, the Constitutional Court gave its verdict on 30 July 2008. The court found that the AKP had shown signs of being "a focal point of anti-secular activities".

The AKP was accused of using the European Union and democratisation as window-dressing for its real agenda, the Islamisation of Turkey. The candidacy of Abdullah Gul for the presidency of the country in April 2007 was interpreted as a symbolic step in that direction.

The AKP also failed to make any moves to approach the secularist middle class, which would signal that lifting the limitations that Muslims faced would not result in the imposition of similar limitations on secularists.

Mostly from wikipedia so take it or leave it, but it appears that many in Turkey itself believe the current government is anti-secular.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

go on bryan dobson!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

df1985 wrote: »
    go on bryan dobson!
    Giving him a hard time, fair play to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭whiteboy

dare you to go to stormfront.org lol:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,715 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

whiteboy wrote: »
    dare you to go to stormfront.org lol:pac:

Nothing will top looking at stormfront after Obama was elected.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

smithy1981 wrote: »
    Israels blockade is illegal, and it was an aid convoy full of charity workers, politicians and journalists and they had no right to stop it, Nevermind attack it.

Israel have made a big mistake if the murders turn out to be true. It's another disgraceful act from them but who's really suprised?

Says somebody from the lush pastures of Tipperary!

Would a few molotov cocktails thrown your way change opinion?

Kev_ps3 wrote: »
    Bloodthirsty Jews, think its time the International community come together and return the stolen lands to the Palestinian people.

If you are unable to intellectually seperate Jews and Judaism from the actions of the Israeli state, then I'd say the internet is too much for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

I think if you do more research you will find that the disputed territories belonged to Israel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

I tend to believe that there's a fair amount of Jews who believe that the massacre was wrong. You're getting country and religion all mixed up.

• Advertisement

Its surprisingly feck all to do with being Jewish or not. Many Jews take issue with some of Israels actions. Both in Israel and outside. Many Jews have stood with Palestinians in condemning such actions. Bringing the "Jews" aspect into this helps no one.

Advertisement