Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aid Floatillas Attacked

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

Pauleta wrote: »
    I would love to see how long all these Palestian lovers on here would last on the streets of Gaza without being kidnapped or beheaded :rolleyes:

What a ridiculous statement... that reveals the inherent racist intent behind it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

I would love to see how long all these Palestian lovers on here would last on the streets of Gaza without being kidnapped or beheaded :rolleyes:

Well i've been 7 times since i was 18. Never been kidnapped by Palestinians and still have me head intact. In Gaza the only threat i ever felt was from the IDF who have actually kidnapped me twice and detained me illegally against my will. Got kicked the fúck out of because i was wearing a sand n*****s Kafia in their words. I suggest you go and experience it before spreading a false fear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭PomBear

I would love to see how long all these Palestinian lovers on here would last on the streets of Gaza without being kidnapped or beheaded :rolleyes:

I know plenty of 'Palestinian lovers' and came back intact. What a childish post

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

Min wrote: »
    I have never seen people protest when Israeli citizens were blown up in suicide bombings or attacked by thousands of rockets but the minute Israel does anything controversial they are the demonised unlike the terrorists in Gaza.

The vast majority of people protest and condemn suicide attacks on Israeli citizens - why wouldn't they, they are heinous acts.

Trying to tar people who are critical of Israel's terrorism yesterday on the high seas in this way, smacks of the spurrious your an anti-semite line to anyone that is critical of Israel.

Consider why a survivor of the Nazi Holocaust was on board one of the ships in that Flotilla - what does that tell you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭bambooze

Don't you just love it?

An israeli arab member of parliament on board the ship now says..
    There was not a single passenger who raised a club.

Oh really? I beg to differ..

What a disgusting liar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Empty vessels make the most noise!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

As long as Hamas rules Gaza the blockade in my opinion is justified.

bambooze wrote: »
    Don't you just love it?

Quote:
    There was not a single passenger who raised a club.

What a disgusting liar.

What else did he say, what was the full discussion. Stop pulling part of a sentence and quoting it.

As long as Hamas rules Gaza the blockade in my opinion is justified.

And because you are of the opinion it's justified the UN opinion doesn't matter then no? Who's right, the UN or you?

deisedevil wrote: »
    What else did he say, what was the full discussion. Stop pulling part of a sentence and quoting it.

She said many things, quoted here..

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3897396,00.html

What part of "There was not a single passenger who raised a club." can be misrepresented?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

There is an Irish Ship still heading for Gaza
    Turkey to repatriate 20 citizens from Israel

Tuesday, 1 June 2010 11:18

The Turkish government has said it is sending three aircraft to Israel to repatriate 20 of its citizens who were wounded when Israeli commandos stormed a ship carrying aid supplies to Gaza.

Earlier, the UN Security Council condemned the killing of at least nine people - thought to be Turkish citizens - in the attack.

In a formal statement following more than ten hours of closed door discussions in New York, the UNSC also called on Israel to conduct an impartial investigation and to release the ships and civilians being held.

AdvertisementFour of the five permanent members of the UN Security Council have called for Israel's blockade of Gaza to be lifted, but the US did not do so.

During the UN session, Turkish Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoglu said Israel had committed a serious crime.

Israeli radio has said 480 activists captured in the raid are being detained, while 48 others would be expelled.

These include six Irish citizens. A seventh is leaving the country voluntarily.

Minister for Foreign Affairs Micheál Martin has reiterated his call for the immediate and unconditional release of the Irish citizens.

In a statement, Mr Martin said: 'I met the Israeli Ambassador last evening and made clear that the Irish Government expects the immediate and unconditional release of all the Irish citizens detained.

'The seven individuals concerned did not enter Israel illegally; rather they were essentially seized from international waters, taken into Israel and asked to sign documents confirming that they entered illegally. This is simply not acceptable.'

The group of six consists of Irish citizens Fintan Lane and Fiachra O'Luain of the Ireland-Palestine Solidarity Campaign, two naturalised Irish-Libyans, one Irish passport holder who is based in Australia and one person of Irish-Polish dual citizenship.

The Irish/Malaysian vessel, the Rachel Corrie, is making its way to Gaza with humanitarian aid. The vessel is currently north of the coast of Libya.

Denis Halliday, a former UN Assistant General Secretary who is on board the Rachel Corrie, said it was up to the US to put pressure on Israel to ensure such attacks are not repeated.

It had been reported earlier that Israel's navy is ready to stop the vessel, which is expected to reach Gazan waters tomorrow.

An officer told Israel army radio that he expected an easy takeover of the ship.

:eek:

With international criticism of his country mounting, Israeli Defence Minister Ehud Barak said he hoped common sense would prevail.

Mr Barak said he regretted the loss of life, but hoped the majority of nations would understand that Israel was in a difficult position because of the presence of the militant group Hamas, which controls Gaza.

Deputy Israeli Ambassador to Ireland Ruth Zack defended Israel's actions under international maritime law.

She also said that the Irish detainees who are contesting their deportation should leave Israel voluntarily.

Turn back - your going the wrong way!:pac:

bambooze wrote: »
    Don't you just love it?

What a disgusting liar.

Look how peaceful the people on the ship were, they only want to kill Israeli soldiers.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭moonpurple

on the ship heading for gaza is an irish nobel prize for peace award recipient

.. armada of hate?

And because you are of the opinion it's justified the UN opinion doesn't matter then no? Who's right, the UN or you?

Does the UN have much relevance in the world today?

Did it prevent the invasion of Iraq?

Did it stop the Balkan massacres?

Did it stop the Rwandan massacres?

Did it prevent over 4 million dying in the war in Congo over the past decade?

The UN is there after the harm is done with a security council that looks after it own interests with the veto of the big 5.

The UN needs a lot of reform, it is past its sell by date.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

"MAN - THAT IS HATEFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Gerry Asstrix

• Registered Users Posts: 24,072 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Does the UN have much relevance in the world today?

Did it prevent the invasion of Iraq?

Did it stop the Balkan massacres?

Did it stop the Rwandan massacres?

Did it prevent over 4 million dying in the war in Congo over the past decade?

The UN is there after the harm is done with a security council that looks after it own interests with the veto of the big 5.

The UN needs a lot of reform, it is past its sell by date.

For the UN to work, it should get rid of the veto.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Adamisconfused

Look how peaceful the people on the ship were, they only want to kill Israeli soldiers.....

The crew and passangers wanted to remove people who boarded the ship in an illegal fashion. It doesn't make a difference if they were Israeli soldiers or not. They had no legal right to be there and they were fair game.

Well i've been 7 times since i was 18. Never been kidnapped by Palestinians and still have me head intact. In Gaza the only threat i ever felt was from the IDF who have actually kidnapped me twice and detained me illegally against my will. Got kicked the fúck out of because i was wearing a sand n*****s Kafia in their words. I suggest you go and experience it before spreading a false fear.

PWNED!

The crew and passangers wanted to remove people who boarded the ship in an illegal fashion. It doesn't make a difference if they were Israeli soldiers or not. They had no legal right to be there and they were fair game.

So that justified trying to lynch them to death?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Who was being lynched?

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭magotch07

darkman2 wrote: »
    There is an Irish Ship still heading for Gaza

Turn back - your going the wrong way!:pac:

its scary to think what could happen here but israel aint gonna lose sleep if a couple of irish people die either

bottom line they dont give a flying fcuk

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/frontpage/2010/0601/1224271594113.html
    I must admit that I'm quite impressed with Micheál Martin's reactions. First time I've had anything good to say about a Fianna Fáiler in a while. It makes a change to see a reaction that isn't the usual forelock tugging we're familiar with.

“These people did not enter Israel illegally. They were essentially kidnapped from international waters, taken into Israel, and asked to sign documents confirming that they entered illegally. That is unacceptable,” Mr Martin said.
    They should follow it up and expel the ambassador if our citizens are not freed immediately. I hope the EU finally gets tough, but it seeming as if it is unlikely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Thank you for illustrating that, like so many of those who tirelessly attempt to defend Israel's indefensible actions, your entire opinion is based around little more than ignorance, hatred and a nice dollop of racism. :)

magotch07 wrote: »
    its scary to think what could happen here but israel aint gonna lose sleep if a couple of irish people die either

bottom line they dont give a flying fcuk

No one died on the ships that decided to go to Ashdod where the aid is being unloaded before it it transported to Gaza.

You have stupid people who want to go to Gaza to make a point more so than deliver aid....maybe give Hamas some cement for their bunkers.....

Eh....yes. I assume you believe the soldiers were within their rights to kill people in international waters to defend themselves, but the innocent people, on board their own ship, are not allowed to defend themselves in any way they see fit from a force of armed assailants who had no legal right whatsoever to be there.

No one died on the ships that decided to go to Ashdod where the aid is being unloaded before it it transported to Gaza.

You have stupid people who want to go to Gaza to make a point more so than deliver aid....maybe give Hamas some cement for their bunkers.....

See now your just making shít up!

• Advertisement

See now your just making shít up!

If you don't like the truth, then claim it is made up.

Advertisement