Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aid Floatillas Attacked

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

skelliser wrote: »
    Here, the Rachel Corrie is still en route to Gaza!!

Micheal Martin has said the ship should not be impeded.

HUZZAH!!!!

I'm sure the Israeli's take Mickey Money Martin very seriously after the passport debacle

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

That's not what I said - I was asked to give examples of Palestinian lies

I was talking about the groups on the boat actually. I have yet to see a single reason not to trust them, and I plenty of reasons to not thrust the IDF.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

B0jangles wrote: »
    Same old video that has been posted 20+ times already

http://www9.gazetevatan.com/israil-...308396/1/Gundem

Thanks for posting this. For me the most damning part of this video was how you if you look carefully near the beginning of the video about 7 seconds in when the arabic journalist is talking, you can see a motor boat/speed boat/inflatable moving past the ship and you can hear what sounded to me like gun shots.

You can also see the person holding the camera ducking, as if he expects to be shot.

I'm sure there was a lot more evidence of exactly what the Israelis did but the Israeli's have siezed and destroyed it as reported by the Al Jazeera journalist, who I don't think was even on that particular boat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 dgrump1

Those Irish trouble makers on the boats should have been here protesting over Nama and the government that caused the problems are still in power. They should not be out on the high seas mouthing and screaming at Israeli soldiers doing their duty. No wonder they got shot. They should be minding their own business and not getting involved in another country's problems. Get back here now do your patriotic duty and protest here...cop on.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/static/pictures/resized/136-106/44/44149.jpg sorry for the small pic seen a bigger one with more in it.

a photo of the weapons seized.
    kitchen knifes, chains (needed on a boat), sticks, wrenches, spanners, hammers, discs for angle grinders

great haul

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

dgrump1 wrote: »
    Those Irish trouble makers on the boats should have been here protesting over Nama and the government that caused the problems are still in power. They should not be out on the high seas mouthing and screaming at Israeli soldiers doing their duty. No wonder they got shot. They should be minding their own business and not getting involved in another country's problems. Get back here now do your patriotic duty and protest here...cop on.....

Such a simplistic way you have of looking at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Gigiwagga

karma_ wrote: »
    Can you tell me Prinz, why do Israel hand these propaganda victories to Hamas time after time? If they really wanted change why not show a more lenient attitude and give Fatah more support? Allow the inhabitants of Gaza some freedom to get rid of Hamas by the correct means?

Yes by giving back occupied land, ALL OF IT. YES ALL OF IT.
    That would be a start, and obviously with peace treaty preconditions. All families of victims should be compensated equally on both sides.
    This would be justice, this would be fair.

Of course Israel don't see things in a fair way, and have never done so. This is not a biased opinion on my behalf, it is a historical fact.
    If justice were to be done, these things would happen, but they wont because Israel does not believe in justice, they just believe that they are the chosen people of God, and that all the land they occupy is theirs, by Gods decree, and the rest of it.
    Hamas know this is Israel's belief,
    Obama needs to take Israel to task seriously over this matter, insist they give back the stolen territory, ALL OF IT.

Then there will be peace, and Hamas will become redundant.

Easy peasy.

Bambooze et al are stuck here like a rabbit in the headlights of public opinion, as is Israel itself. Blind subservient support is the tactic of the desperate, after all if he agrees with public opinion all is lost. So too for Israel, they are good at the blind eye treatment, it suits them, look at all that lovely land for new settlements. Israel are living on borrowed time with their tactics, they would not be where they are without the enormous support from Uncle Sam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭bambooze

Morlar wrote: »
    Could I just ask - seeing as you just joined and all your posts are in defence of israel are you anything to do with those pro-israel advocacy groups like giyus.org etc ?

I'm not, I usually just lurk when **** happens in the world and big discussions kick up but in this case I couldn't let some of the extremely biased posts here go unanswered.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Dar

bambooze wrote: »
    Turkish aid organisation IHH linked to extremism

ISTANBUL – The Turkish organisation IHH (Foundation for Humanitarian Relief), which organized one of the ships in the aid convoy to Gaza, and which was attacked by Israel today, has two faces: aid organisation and friend of extremists. In Turkey it is mainly supported by conservative Muslims.

http://www.journalistinturkey.com/stories/human-rights/turkish-aid-organisation-ihh-linked-to-extremism_1355/

I don't know anything about the source so judge for yourself.

So illegally boarding merchant vessels in international water is a-okay provided you don't like the look of the people on board?

Unless you can provide evidence that these "extremists" fired on Israeli forces prior to their boarding, I fail to see how this is relevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭IrishTonyO

prinz wrote: »
    Not to worry kids the rockets are still flying from Gaza. :rolleyes:
    what rockets are still firing from Gaza? u got a source to back this up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭Theta

This may have been said already but what good is it going to do if the government makes all these demands. As soon as the Irish passport holders get released it will be business as usual for them. They get away with everything cause they dont give a ****.

(Without them admitting it or not) They have illegally used Irish passports and abducted Irish citizens from international waters. Why dont we just close our embassy in Israel and boot out there ambassador here. I think we can live without the oranges and round of ammunition we import from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I'm not, I usually just lurk when **** happens in the world and big discussions kick up but in this case I couldn't let some of the extremely biased posts here go unanswered.

What's biased about commenting on the murder of foreign civilians by an armed force in international waters?

Are you saying that Israel done nothing wrong here? And you have the cheek to accuse others of being biased? lol

Dar wrote: »
    So illegally boarding merchant vessels in international water is a-okay provided you don't like the look of the people on board?

Unless you can provide evidence that these "extremists" fired on Israeli forces prior to their boarding, I fail to see how this is relevant.

A group apparently with known links to islamic terror groups organizes a flotilla to break an israeli blockade and get supplies of some kind and people from who knows where to hamas, a recognized islamic terrorist group.. you don't think that's relevant? :confused:

What's biased about commenting on the murder of foreign civilians by an armed force in international waters?

Are you saying that Israel done nothing wrong here? And you have the cheek to accuse others of being biased? lol

Nicely caught sir...

A group apparently with known links to islamic terror groups organizes a flotilla to break an israeli blockade and get supplies of some kind and people from who knows where to hamas, a recognized islamic terrorist group.. you don't think that's relevant? :confused:

Israel considers anybody who disagrees with their foreign policy a terrorist. Aid workers are terrorists, aid workers with kitchen knives defending themselves on their own ship are terrorists. You are beginning to sound like a parody of a terror apologist.

I love that word 'apparently' , don't you?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

IrishTonyO wrote: »
    what rockets are still firing from Gaza? u got a source to back this up?

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5hn8PsSqws_iCCX61MHGi_LyvgDEg

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Dar

I fail to see how a few vague accusations justify an armed assault of a merchant fleet in international waters.

Whats biased about blaming israel before any investigation? Before viewing any evidence? Can't think of a thing.. :rolleyes:

I started posting after seeing the youtube vids showing the attacks on israelis.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Israel, release the entire video footage. If it backs your claims we will believe you. Pretty simple. To add to that faith, release all the recording devices you've impounded.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Wibbs wrote: »
    Israel, release the entire video footage. If it backs your claims we will believe you. Pretty simple. To add to that faith, release all the recording devices you've impounded.

Exactly if they have nothing to hide they should do this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

You aren't back to playing the "O NOES!!! MZLIMS!!11!!!" card, are you?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

dgrump1 wrote: »
    Funny enough it came as a major bonus for the irish gov. This way people may not have noticed the billions in health cutbacks and the further billions given to anglo irish bank yesterday.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Wibbs wrote: »

I'm in favour.. everyone involved should release all evidence.

Nodin wrote: »
    You aren't back to playing the "O NOES!!! MZLIMS!!11!!!" card, are you?

That info was from a post by journalist working in turkey.. of course it was just a blog so I dunno anything more about it. But presumably any such IHH terror links (or accusations) are a matter of record somewhere.. probably in turkey.

I see Israel have killed five more people in Gaza today, seem to be on a bit of a streak at the moment. A bit of a killing spree it seems

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/blog/2010/jun/01/israel-flotilla-raid-fallout-live

• Registered Users Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Do you think Israel will? Be honest now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Gigiwagga wrote: »
    I see Israel have killed five more people in Gaza today, seem to be on a bit of a streak at the moment. A bit of a killing spree it seems

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/blog/2010/jun/01/israel-flotilla-raid-fallout-live

If they were terrorists then what's wrong with it? Those on the flotilla were not terrorists as Israel are trying to depict them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Two were killed trying to infiltrate the border and three were killed in an attack following the launch of two rockets into Israel. Let's not get carried away shall we?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Yes by giving back occupied land, ALL OF IT. YES ALL OF IT.
    In other words, dissolve Israel, and send all the jews.... to where? Germany?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

And you really really don't see anything suspicious in the fact that it took 12 hours for the IDF to release a couple of pretty short bits of footage in nightvision, when they apparently filmed the whole event and also went to the trouble of seizing every single bit of equipment capable of recording what happened, and yet the people on the Flotilla managed to release footage while under attack?

Why, its almost as if they had something to hide!!

Advertisement