Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aid Floatillas Attacked

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

Jews celebrating attack on Turkish Aid Ship infront of Turkish Embassy,Tel Aviv.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=6a3_1275348204

What a charming bunch of likeable people in that there clip.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Gigiwagga

bambooze wrote: »
    Well this is interesting if not at all surprising..

Probe reveals flotilla lynchers have ties to Global Jihad

Some choice quotes..

The suspects are not cooperating with investigators. Most of them have no identification papers, and Israeli authorities are still trying to ascertain their identity.

Nevertheless, it is clear that the majority were recruited by the same IHH handler who organized the flotilla.

Some of the suspects were found to be carrying large sums of money. Others had Kevlar vests and gas masks; and all were found to be carrying weapons such as knives, metal clubs and slingshots.

Investigators have already concluded that this was the group that planned the violent resistance, which centered on the Marmara's top deck.

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3897667,00.html

Of course this comes from israeli sources so make of it what you will.. ;)

Hello, seriously, angle grinders...mains powered angle grinders...this is bloody pathetic. What were the aid activists going to do run around the deck with angle grinders on extension leads...the smear campaign is hilarious, your continual justification of the IDF is hilarious and sad.
    Honestly very impractical weapons, sure tie someone up on a chair and do what ever, but this is just lame and pathetic.

The er...lynch mob whom Israeli have NOT yet identified have links to Global Jihad, yet the Israelis don't know who they are, ha ha ha, just too much. And you actually believe this BS, what age are you, 8?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭IrishTonyO

Stupid logic = attempting to import prohibited goods.

I am sorry but there is point responding to your inaccurate statements, have a good life.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Is there anywhere that gives an objective, somewhat concise history of the Palestinian-Israeli conflict? Times like these I really wish I'd taken LC history :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Piste wrote: »
    Is there anywhere that gives an objective, somewhat concise history of the Palestinian-Israeli conflict? Times like these I really wish I'd taken LC history :o

No.

In my experience, you pick side's then dig in deep & buckle up for a rough ride.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Sheeps

No.

In my experience, you pick side's then dig in deep & buckle up for a rough ride.

So like, flip a coin then yeah?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Jews celebrating attack on Turkish Aid Ship infront of Turkish Embassy,Tel Aviv.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=6a3_1275348204
    Seen this and thought it would be a small group of lunatics, shocking stuff really. Essentially celebrating death.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Times like these I really wish I'd taken LC history :o

Don't think that would have helped either!

I'd love a reasonably unbiased link myself. While I've learned a good few things from reading Boards, from both sides, there is a lot of bias.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Morlar wrote: »
    What a charming bunch of likeable people in that there clip.

It should come with a health warning!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement

So like, flip a coin then yeah?

Yup, but in this game no matter which side you choose - you lose.

I've a sad story, actually told me me by a member of Hezbollah!.

The Scorpion and the Turtle.

Both were waiting to cross the Jordan river when the scorpion turned to the turtle and asked for a lift (choose which side your on here)...

"But Mr.Scorpion you'll sting me" say Mr.Turtle...

"Don't be silly, then we'd both die Mr.Turtle".

So Mr.Turtle tells Mr.Scorpion to jump aboard.

Half way across the river Mr.Turtle delivers the fatal sting to Mr.Turtle..

Turning to Mr.Scorpion and in his dying breath Mr.Turtle asks..

"Hey Mr.Scorpion why did you do that. Now we'll both die"..

"Tough sh*t turtle, its the middle east we're all fvcked".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

Yup, but in this game no matter which side you choose - you lose.

I've a sad story, actually told me me by a member of Hezbollah!.
    The Scorpion and the Turtle.

Both were waiting to cross the Jordan river when the scorpion turned to the turtle and asked for a lift (choose which side your on here)...

"But Mr.Scorpion you'll sting me" say Mr.Turtle...

"Don't be silly, then we'd both die Mr.Turtle".

So Mr.Turtle tells Mr.Scorpion to jump aboard.

Half way across the river Mr.Turtle delivers the fatal sting to Mr.Turtle..

Turning to Mr.Scorpion and in his dying breath Mr.Turtle asks..

"Hey Mr.Scorpion why did you do that. Now we'll both die"..

"Tough sh*t turtle, its the middle east we're all fvcked".

There's nothing sad about that... it is just a very crap story.

What language did he tell you it in - it may have been lost in translation?

I flipped this coin (a virtual coin toss with an Israeli shekel, I thougt it was appropriate.) Seems I'm on the sides of the Palestinians now!

So eh yeah, poor show Israel. Stop shooting at ships and give them their 1946 borders back.

Am I doing it right?

So eh yeah, poor show Israel. Stop shooting at ships and give them their 1946 borders back.

Am I doing it right?

1946?

Try Amnesty International - the respected human rights group.

Was that not when Israel as a state was founded, after the war and all that? (told you I needed a history lesson :o)

snow ghost wrote: »
    There's nothing sad about that... it is just a very crap story.

Its a ****ty story told me by a father who wished his son to enter Israel and kill Israeli's as a suicide bomber - thats the sad bit.. 2000, the second intifada.

K-9 wrote: »
    I'd love a reasonably unbiased link myself. While I've learned a good few things from reading Boards, from both sides, there is a lot of bias.

This one is good ;

http://www.ifamericansknew.org/images/4maps.jpg

Ah yes, that map's why I said 1946! Even though it says 1947...I misread it.

Was that not when Israel as a state was founded, after the war and all that? (told you I needed a history lesson :o)

Sigh.

/kick in the arse and blackboard duster thrown in your direction

• Advertisement

Morlar wrote: »

You have me converted. Thanks.

Sigh.

Thumbtack left on chair.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Sigh.

Now you've just smuggled a dangerous duster into Palestinian territory, prepare to be boarded!

Its a ****ty story told me by a father who wished his son to enter Israel and kill Israeli's as a suicide bomber - thats the sad bit.. 2000, the second intifada.

Well yeah... that is sad. Very sad that anyone would wish violence on another, and especially want a son to do it through their own suicide.

If Ariel Sharon had been tried for war crimes in an international court - as he clearly should have been for the actions he oversaw in the Palestinian refugee camps in Lebannon - the second intafada probably wouldn't have happened.

ScumLord wrote: »
    Now you've just smuggled a dangerous duster into Palestinian territory, prepare to be boarded!

Yizzle never take me alive, yis durty rats.

Sigh.

But....but the map said 1947! See this is why I need a credible, objective source to learn from!

Well yeah... that is sad. Very sad that anyone would wish violence on another, and especially want a son to do it through their own suicide.

If Ariel Sharon had been tried for war crimes in an international court - as he clearly should have been for the actions he oversaw in the Palestinian refugee camps in Lebannon - the second intafada probably wouldn't have happened.

Sadly they'd have found another reason for it. Sadly.

But....but the map said 1947! See this is why I need a credible, objective source to learn from!

They didn't have GPS back then, your map mean's nothing to me.

I laugh in the face of your map :pac: <aha

Sadly they'd have found another reason for it. Sadly.

Not so sure about that Danny Wooden Savannah, things were looking good for some time with Clinton bringing Arafat et al to the table. There was a window of opportunity that some of the Zionist hawks didn't want left open.

• Advertisement

Not so sure about that Makikomi, things were looking good for some time with Clinton bringing Arafat et al to the table. There was a window of opportunity that some of the Zionist hawks didn't want left open.

Oh God.. sorry its really late and I don't want to go into the whole Edhu Barak government, its election promises - its promises delivered, intifada II - votes of no confidence in the Knesset etc etc etc...

I've a hospital appointment in a few hours, I'm off to bed..

In the meantime I'll leave you with your google searches.

Goodnight.

Advertisement