Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aid Floatillas Attacked

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Yizzle never take me alive, yis durty rats.
    Well then, there's not much point in trying so, I'm off to bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

snow ghost wrote: »
    Not so sure about that Makikomi, things were looking good for some time with Clinton bringing Arafat et al to the table. There was a window of opportunity that some of the Zionist hawks didn't want left open.

Awaits reasonable response in rebuttal.*

*Walks away confused. I thought the North was confusing.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

ScumLord wrote: »
    Well then, there's not much point in trying so, I'm off to bed.

Sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭joesoap007

bambooze wrote: »
    Patience.. dealing with hundreds of uncooperative and decidedly unpeaceful peace activists takes time. Those involved in the lynching will no doubt be weeded out soon enough and the rest will be deported.. then you'll have all the typical stories of israeli brutality you could ever wish for.

Also as was posted by someone else previously..

So you think his post about wishing they'd all broken their necks was somehow worthy?

I ignore no valid points questioning anything - but there is rather a lot to keep up with here! I think I have responded to most points that deserved it.
    its a pitty i said.wish?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

Oh God.. sorry its really late and I don't want to go into the whole Edhu Barak government, its election promises - its promises delivered, intifada II - votes of no confidence in the Knesset etc etc etc...

I've a hospital appointment in a few hours, I'm off to bed..

In the meantime I'll leave you with your google searches.

Goodnight.

I don't need google searches, unlike yourself - and your frivolous rambo self-delusions and tall tales - I have an educated knowledge of the situation.

Good luck with the hospital appointment.

• Advertisement

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eB_CKL5h2_8

israel is a lunatic state,,mad dogs,,mutts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭SugarHigh

So when will the IDF release the rest of that video of them being "attacked"? you know the part where they shoot 9 people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭SugarHigh

joesoap007 wrote: »

Dr. Norman Finkelstein is brilliant.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Noreen1

"The Obama Administration may be willing to involve international bodies in the Israeli inquest of the Gaza flotilla raid, White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs told reporters.

Gibbs' statement contradicts the US stance at the UN Security Council, where it said it believed Israel was capable of conducting its own investigation."

That's very kind of the Obama administration - and raises a few questions about where the Obama administration gets so much Authority..........:mad:

Noreen

• Advertisement

Noreen1 wrote: »
    That's very kind of the Obama administration - and raises a few questions about where the Obama administration gets so much Authority..........:mad:

Noreen

obamas there BOY a long time now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAEnu89dxCY

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

SugarHigh wrote: »
    So when will the IDF release the rest of that video of them being "attacked"? you know the part where they shoot 9 people.

In fairness, you have to accept that as soon as they release the bit once the shooting starts, it will immediately be saved to disk, edited to remove everything before that, and used in propoganda against them.

I'm more interested in the entire footage from first approach and radio warnings all the way through once the shooting has started. Once you get to that point, it's all a bit irrelevant after that.

NTM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭bambooze

ejmaztec wrote: »
    As they refer to "flotilla lynchers", when no-one was actually hanged, I'll take it with a pinch of salt.

Lynching does not mean hanging (although it can).

B0jangles wrote: »
    and you don't see the contradiction here?

Not at all. Their identity remains unknown but interrogation and investigation revealed their ties to terror.. quite simple.

Think of it like this - mossad agents killed a guy in dubai not so long ago and were using stolen passports. So their real identities are unknown - would you then say that it is a contradiction to say they had ties to mossad? Last I checked the entire world seems to think they do yet nobody knows who they really are.

But anyway, I find it interesting that.. "Most of them have no identification papers" - so these guys are travelling across international borders with no passports? Not even stolen? Who was responsible for security when they boarded the boat I wonder.. oh yes, Turkey!

Or did they just throw their passports overboard? If so, why? What are they trying to hide? After all they are just innocent humanitarians aren't they? And why were they all carrying a big wad of cash? Could it be they were recruited and paid specifically to cause trouble?

I'm just speculating now of course and everyone will no doubt claim israel fabricated it all but I expect more evidence will appear in due course.. curiouser and curiouser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Piste wrote: »
    Was that not when Israel as a state was founded, after the war and all that? (told you I needed a history lesson :o)

....Benny Morris "The Birth of the Palestinian refugee problem revisited". He's what one might call an honest hawk on the subject ('Yes, we threw a load of them out, but we were right to do it' roughly)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

joesoap007 wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eB_CKL5h2_8

He looks less geeky as he gets older.....They wouldn't let him in last year, I think.

What is the IHH?

The turkish aid group which organised the flotilla.. those oh so innocent humanitarians who showed themselves to be quite handy with a club..

"According to the Israeli NGO The Intelligence and Information Center, the IHH is affiliated with Hamas and the Union of the Good, an Islamic umbrella affiliated with the Muslim Brotherhood."

Yes I know you're all going to say "israeli ngo?? they are all liars". So, read on..

"In 2006, a report issued by the Danish Institute for International Studies stated that during the 1990s the IHH maintained links with al-Qaida and a number of "global jihad networks." The report also said that the Turkish government launched an investigation into the IHH starting December 1997 after receiving intelligence that the IHH had bought automatic weapons from Islamist terrorists."

So, the Danes also make sh!t up? Read on..

"The report said that following the revelation, the Turkish government launched a raid on the organization’s Istanbul offices, where they found weapons, explosives, and instructions for bomb-making. The report added that an examination of documents found at the IHH office indicated that the group was planning to take part in terrorist activities in Afghanistan, Chechnya, and Bosnia."

Hmm.. sounds like a nice bunch of chaps. Salt o' the earth types. Read on..

"According to the study, a French intelligence report found that in the mid-1990s IHH leader B’ulent Yildirim recruited soldiers for jihad activities in a number of Muslim countries and that the IHH transferred money, firearms, and explosives to jihadists in said countries."

Oh those french can't be trusted also, right?

More enlightening reading..
    http://www.diis.dk/graphics/Publications/WP2006/DIIS%20WP%202006-7.web.pdf

http://www.jpost.com/MiddleEast/Article.aspx?id=177167

Well I don't know about you guys but I'd have no problems trusting the IHH to arrange a peaceful flotilla.. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Carlos_Ray

Typical Fox News presenting this as a Muslim action against Israel.
    Fox News wrote:
    About 200 Turkish activists were bused before dawn to Israel's international airport for flights home, while 124 from a dozen Muslim nations without diplomatic relations with Israel were deported and crossed into Jordan before sunrise

Apparently they "fire bombed" the Israeli soldiers.
    Fox News wrote:
    Video released by the Israeli military showed commandos attacked by angry activists with metal rods and firebombs during the raid. One soldier was thrown off one deck onto another below, and Israeli authorities said its troops were attacked by knives, clubs and live fire from the two pistols wrested from soldiers.

No mention of the ship being boarded in international waters and no mention of the fact that the convey was made up of a variety of nationalities/religions and not just muslims...

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2010/06/01/israel-egypt-easing-blockade-gaza-activists-killed-israeli-raid-aid-flotilla/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Carlos_Ray wrote: »
    Typical Fox News presenting this as a Muslim action against Israel.

Apparently they "fire bombed" the Israeli soldiers.

No mention of the ship being boarded in international waters and no mention of the fact that the convey was made up of a variety of nationalities/religions and not just muslims...

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2010/06/01/israel-egypt-easing-blockade-gaza-activists-killed-israeli-raid-aid-flotilla/

Wouldn't expect anything less from those fcuking christian extremest prícks...

Fcuk you fox news.

What is the IHH?

The turkish aid group which organised the flotilla.. those oh so innocent humanitarians who showed themselves to be quite handy with a club..

I'd be pretty handy with a club too if armed soldiers (known for their brutality) boarded a ship (at night) I was travelling on (in international waters) and started attacking people.

"According to the Israeli NGO..

Lol

More enlightening reading..
    http://www.diis.dk/graphics/Publications/WP2006/DIIS%20WP%202006-7.web.pdf

http://www.jpost.com/MiddleEast/Article.aspx?id=177167

Well I don't know about you guys but I'd have no problems trusting the IHH to arrange a peaceful flotilla.. :rolleyes:

Quoting the Jpost to back up your pro Israeli stance is as ridiculous as an IRA man quoting "An Poblacht" to persuade people of his agenda.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I'd be pretty handy with a club too if armed soldiers (known for their brutality) boarded a ship (at night) I was travelling on (in international waters) and started attacking people.

Lol

Quoting the Jpost to back up your pro Israeli stance is as ridiculous as an IRA man quoting "An Poblacht" to persuade people of his agenda.:rolleyes:

You ignored the danish link and only see the jpost link?

You "lol" at the israeli ngo comment even when I specifically said you'd all claim that was bull****?

Selective vision much?

Then darwinism would work its magic.

You ignored the danish link and only see the jpost link?

You "lol" at the israeli ngo comment even when I specifically said you'd all claim that was bull****?.

Just because you knew we'd think it was bullsh1t, doesn't mean we can't laugh when you plough through with it anyway.
    Selective vision much?

True, I ignored the Danish link becuase its even worse than your JPost one. its just a paper written by Evan Kohlmann, a young American with a clear pro-Israeli agenda. He is by no means objective or credible.

I have a feeling you just googled for five minutes and think you're an expert on the situation.

Then darwinism would work its magic.

Right back at ya... boom!

Watching the sickening video of Turkish 'peace activists' clubbing overwhelmed Israeli soldiers reminded me of the Rwanda massacres, the images of groups of Hutus with their crude weapons hacking at people already down. This is the face of blind hatred not just opposition.

This is from an average JPost reader :rolleyes:

http://www.jpost.com/Opinion/Op-EdContributors/Article.aspx?id=177172

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

While I somewhat agree with Maikkomi's take of flip a coin, I also think that the Palestinians have been shafted time and time and time again. The Palestinians(and moreso the Arabs in the region) for their part, have sought to drive Israel the Jews into the sea from early on. Israel won as the map http://reubenbrand.com/wp-content/uploads/palestine.jpg shows. If the Arabs had won, reverse those colours. They're pretty much on an equal footing as far as being gits.

On a personal note I would have more sympathy for the Jews TBH. One of my uncles was with the yanks in WW2 and ended up in a group liberating people faced with the final solution and from very early on in my life I heard the first hand account of that. Horror doesnt begin to describe it. He fully supported Israel with some later serious misgivings about their treatment of the Arabs. Plus growing up and having a couple of Jewish mates, realising in the background how many of their extended family were turned into ashes also had an effect on me. Mates whose only diff the rest of us could see was they werent allowed sausages at our birthday parties :). It just didnt compute. Still doesnt. So on an emotive level I would be somewhat pro "zionist" with a small "z". It was only later on meeting Arabs from the region that I looked at it more and just couldnt compute that here was another group being shafted for being slightly different. By a group who had themselves been shafted for same.

History and Europe and religion and the worst aspects of human nature have made them gits. Tragic really. Two bald men fighting over a comb.

PS IME anyway Jewish and Israel are not that interchangeable. Sure there is an emotive thing about the homeland, but a proactive one, not so much. Kinda like Irish Americans who support a united Ireland. Few would be rabid about it at all. I think too many equate Jewish with Zionist. Like people do with Muslim and Jihadi. Its the nutters on both sides that are driving the truck.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

True, I ignored the Danish link becuase its even worse than your JPost one. its just a paper written by Evan Kohlmann, a young American with a clear pro-Israeli agenda. He is by no means objective or credible.

So, an american who appears to be an expert in the field is somehow not credible in your world?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evan_Kohlmann

And the french intelligence report? Not credible?

And the turkish authorities raiding IHH? Not credible?

Basically any evidence, no matter from where, that might possibly ruin your rose tinted view of the middle east is not credible. Glad we've cleared that up.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Irish Activist accuses Israel of piracy
    2/06/2010 - 07:23:45
    An Irish activist seized by Israeli authorities in a commando operation on an aid flotilla has accused armed forces of carrying out an act of piracy.

Dublin-based Shane Dillon demanded the Israeli government lift its controversial blockade and allow the Irish ship MV Rachel Corrie to deliver aid to Gaza.

Describing the dramatic moments the Challenger 1 came under attack, he said the ship was surrounded by blacked-out vessels and helicopters before armed forces launched an assault at close range with stun guns and high-powered paintball pellets.

“I wouldn’t call them soldiers, they are terrorists,” said the emotional 36-year-old.

“They attacked us in international waters. That was a pure act of piracy in international waters on a peace fleet.”

Mr Dillon touched down in Dublin Airport late last night still in the green T-shirt and torn combats he wore when captured on Monday morning.

He angrily denied accusations activists had weapons on board the ships.

“The weapons the Israelis displayed were cooking knives, a hammer. This was a big merchant ship, of course it’s going to have a hammer, of course it’s going to have galley knives,” he said.

He said that, despite a wound to his left arm from a Taser, he was treated better than most activists because he was a member of the crew.

“There was one girl, she was only young, a Belgian girl, she had a broken nose,” he continued.

“One of the leaders from the Free Gaza Organisation, he was beaten on the deck of the ship.

“They smashed our stern door which is glass and they beat some of the girls and pushed them around the deck. They weren’t friendly with them at all.”

He called on the Irish government to refer the incident with the Piracy Reporting Centre (PRC) in Kuala Lumpur and demand the Rachel Corrie is granted entry to Gaza.

The defiant seafarer also challenged the Israeli government.

“Cop on, grow up, it’s about time you let people be treated well and treated properly and stop this stupid siege and blockade on a nation of people,” he said.

The crewman – who has served as chief officer on Irish and British merchant ships – maintained the fleet had expected to be let though the blockade.

“We didn’t expect it to be so severe and a severe loss of life. That was just ridiculous, it’s very sad,” he continued.

“My heart goes out to the brothers, sisters, mothers and fathers and the families of those who died.”
    I loved this last bit:
    Mr Dillon said he only was freed to leave Israel once he signed deportation papers.

“They asked me to sign and I signed numerous things, I signed Shane the Pain and Mickey Mouse,” he added.

“They didn’t really understand. They gave it to me in Hebrew and I said, ’Well, I don’t understand that’ and they gave it to me in English and I said ’ni thuigim e sin’,” he replied in his native tongue.

From BBC:
    LEGALITY OF CONVOY RAID

* The UN Charter on the Law of the Sea says only if a vessel is suspected to be transporting weapons, or weapons of mass destruction, can it be boarded in international waters. Otherwise the permission of the ship's flag carrying nation must be sought.
    * The charter allows for naval blockades, but the effect of the blockade on civilians must be proportionate to the effect on the military element for the blockade to be legally enforceable.
    * A ship trying to breach a blockade can be boarded and force may be used to stop it as long as it is "necessary and proportionate".
    * An investigation, either by the UN or by the ship's flag-carrier Turkey, is required to find if the use of force was proportionate to a claim of self defence.

I also read the dangerous crew of flotilla included 1976 Nobel Preace Prize laureate Mairead Maguire and 85-year-old holocaust survivor Hedy Epstein.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

Any update on the Rachel corrie?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I wish these people would stop calling it piracy. It wasnt piracy. An act of war technically speaking.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

Why aren't they called aid boats, or aid ships?

Everytime i read this thread title i think of tortillas, which makes me hungry.. and you wouldn't like me when im hungry.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Here's a nice vid of the attitudes some isreali people have to everybody else.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2RHz6Zn2eU

Advertisement