Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aid Floatillas Attacked

Options
1495051525355»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

Eibhin70 wrote: »
    08:52 (Israeli time)
    IDF: We have sighted the 'Rachel Corrie' and have radioed it to identify itself (Reuters)
    :confused:

Identify yourself boat whose name we already know.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,189 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

We all know what 'sights' the Israelis use on unarmed people... sights on their weapons

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Truley

Here are the names and some backgroud on the the scary terrorists that were killed last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,788 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Truley wrote: »
    Here are the names and some backgroud on the the scary terrorists that were killed last week.

Wow what an objective link, moron :rolleyes:

Why are Irish people so bloody obsessed with infantalising Palestinians and Hamas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

Why are Irish people so bloody obsessed with infantalising Palestinians and Hamas?

What was wrong with that link?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Adamisconfused

The link simply states who they were and the fact that many were family men with dependent children.:confused:
    I suppose you won't be happy until you see the photoshopped version of those photos with added Kalashnikovs and titled "Allahu Akbar".

The link simply states who they were and the fact that many were family men with dependent children.:confused:
    I suppose you won't be happy until you see the photoshopped version of those photos with added Kalashnikovs and titled "Allahu Akbar".

Grand I'll post my own links and we'll see what these peaceful guys were up to

Please show us the unedited version... thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Adamisconfused

Ooh...I've seen that one. It's a cracker. I wouldn't mind seeing the unedited version as well. I've been looking for it all week and for the life of me, I can't seem to find it.:pac:

Please show us the unedited version... thanks

LOL what more do you need to see? What kind of pets did the victims have? Don't forget to post those, i bet they were REALLY cuuuuute kittens

• Advertisement

Wow. You complain about the objectivity of one link and you post a censored and annotated IDF video in response.

dvpower wrote: »
    Wow. You complain about the objectivity of one link and you post a censored and annotated IDF video in response.

The link posted before mine had nothing to do with the actual events - it was just "oooh look at how nice these people were". Edited or not - those things in that video DID happen - they were not as peaceful as you're trying to imply with your own link - if anything that video is a pretty strong rebuttal

LOL what more do you need to see?

Fairly self explanatory

'Please show us the unedited version'

The raw footage, the footage that has not been chopped, the footage that has not been annotated.

Do you need to go up the tree to get access to it? I wonder why the unedited version is not shown? Hmmm

Fairly self explanatory

'Please show us the unedited version'

The raw footage, the footage that has not been chopped, the footage that has not been annotated.

Do you need to go up the tree to get access to it? I wonder why the unedited version is not shown? Hmmm

It won't change what's already up there, and what already happened - "brave, peaceful" protesters ambushing soldiers and beating them with chairs, metal pipes, knives, firebombs and seizing their live ammunition.That video shows the scene once the IDF boarded the ship and the absolute chaos that occurred.

What do you think an unedited version will show to help your cause - serious q

Also I don't have the unedited as I'm not part of the IDF but keep repeating that ad infitum

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Truley

The link posted before mine had nothing to do with the actual events - it was just "oooh look at how nice these people were".

To an extent, yes. It provides as much information you can get about the people from the traces of themselves they left on the internet; their facebooks, their flikrs etc. Seeing we are on the subject of the deaths of nine people, I thought it would make sense to get as much info as possible on who they actually were. It's not my fault a background check hasn't turned up anything negative about them.

I've reported you for calling me a moron by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

You win a holiday, in Gaza.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

It won't change what's already up there, and what already happened - "brave, peaceful" protesters ambushing soldiers and beating them with chairs, metal pipes, knives, firebombs and seizing their live ammunition.That video shows the scene once the IDF boarded the ship and the absolute chaos that occurred.

Also I don't have the unedited as I'm not part of the IDF but keep repeating that ad infitum

Are you an Israeli apologist or just a bit simple?

1. The boat was in international waters
    2. The blocade of Gaza is illegal so any 'right' to board the ships does not stand
    3. Why on earth would you send soldiers with guns to board a ship from helicopters in the middle of the night if you werent looking for trouble? Why not send the coast guard in the middle of the day accompanied by theUN or journalists?
    4. Why do we only see a short window of time during the course of these events that the IDF only want us to see? Why not release the footage beginning to end if there is nothing to hide? Its like having evidence to refute all allegations but just not releasing it. Israel are the kings of propoganda and PR .. u really think if there was nothing incriminating in the footage then we wouldnt be seeing it? What we are seeing is people defending themselves from aggresive action by an armed force who killed at least 9 people and who had no legal right to be on board that ship.
    5. Read this article .. does this sound like executions or self defence? People dont get shot at close range in the back of the head or the back if they are the ones attacking

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Indubitable

The link posted before mine had nothing to do with the actual events - it was just "oooh look at how nice these people were". Edited or not - those things in that video DID happen - they were not as peaceful as you're trying to imply with your own link - if anything that video is a pretty strong rebuttal

TBF, if I was being shot at I would do the same thing.

It won't change what's already up there, and what already happened - "brave, peaceful" protesters ambushing soldiers and beating them with chairs, metal pipes, knives, firebombs

we need some new emoticons.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Madd Finn

Your trembling self righteous anger would be almost funny if the events were not so brutal and tragic.

I'm not a great one for rebel songs but there is quite a famous one which goes.
    "Come tell us how you slew
    Those brave Arabs two by two
    Like the Zulus they had spears and bows and arrows
    Did you bravely face down one with your 20 pounder gun
    And frighten those poor natives to the marrow."

These guys reacted angrily to a gang of heavily armed robocops busting on to their boat with machine guns and assault rifles by using weapons that would nothave been out of place in the Bronze Age: slingshots, knives, axes, bits of iron bar.

They were carrying a non lethal cargo intended for civilians. The Israelis were the thugs who militarised the situation.

And you wonder why people are naturally drawn to sympathising with the victims?

"Why does nobody like me, mummy?"

"I have no idea, Dogbreath"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

It was only a matter of time before this guy would step in.

"Viva Palestina founder George Galloway, speaking to a crowd of around 20,000 protesting outside the Israeli embassy in London, revealed the latest plan to bring about the end of the siege on Gaza.

Two simultaneous convoys – one by land the other by sea – will set forth on SUNDAY 12 SEPTEMBER bound for Gaza. Viva Palestina, the International Committee to break the Siege on Gaza and any allies who will join us will organize the two convoys.

The land convoy will leave from London and travel across Europe to Turkey, Syria and ultimately through the Rafah Gate into Gaza. Cooperation will be offered and sought with all relevant governments and agencies. It is expected the convoy will pick up vehicles and volunteers in each country through which it passes. The target is to enter Gaza with 500 vehicles.

The sea convoy will travel around the Mediterranean gathering ships, cargo, volunteers from each country. The target is to enter Gaza with 60 ships.

The aim will be to arrive on Gaza's frontiers at the same time. And to enter with the world's largest ever aid convoys. And to thereby render the siege null and void".

This will be a very interesting PR challange to the Israeli authorities, particularly if it is sanctioned by so many political parties and if the convoys contain high profile individuals and press.

http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/WO1006/S00143.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭joesoap007

heres somthing for you to sign.you will like it very much.
    i just signed it myself.

2 years and i bet it will be full.what do you think?

http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?26011977&101

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

Why are you Zionists so bloody obsessed with killing Palestinian infants?

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/World-News/Israeli-Army-T-Shirt-Controversy-Images-Slogans-Mock-Gaza-Killings/Media-Gallery/200903315245923?lid=GALLERY_15245923_IsraeliArmyTShirtControversy:Images,SlogansMockGazaKillings&lpos=searchresults

See esp. pics 3, 5 & 6.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Noreen1

Good news:
    Israel will significantly ease its blockade of the Gaza Strip today in an effort to blunt international criticism after a deadly Israeli commando raid on an aid flotilla, officials said.Senior cabinet ministers are meeting to limit restrictions to a shortlist of goods, such as cement and steel, which Tel Aviv says militants could use to attack Israel.
    But even those goods would be allowed in to an undetermined extent in co-ordination with the United Nations, the officials said.

Source: http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2010/0616/breaking21.html.

At least the aid from the flotilla will be delivered in its entirety.
    Hopefully, agreements can now be reached whereby the innocent civilians in Gaza will get the aid they so desperately need.:)

Noreen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Concept21

Anyone else find this a bit disturbing, that Michael Martin expels an unnamed Israeli embassy official for his part in falsifying Irish passports for Mossad, which were then used by assassins who killed Hamas guy in Dubai. I've no meas for Hamas but all a bit crazy if this is what the Israeli embassy are up to in Dublin.
    Also a touch of media-management about Martin's decision to expel this guy on a very busy news day - vote of confidence in Cowen, Kenny facing revolt. And why not name the official if he's so convinced he falsified Irish passports for Mossad.
    What else are Mossad up to here - Derek and Jenny Graham the couple on board the Rachel Corrie last week said Israeli Defence Forces showed them photographs they took of them working on the boat before departure, photos were taken by Mossad in Dundalk.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Concept21 wrote: »
    And why not name the official if he's so convinced he falsified Irish passports for Mossad..

Perhaps you should read up on what Martin actually said. There is no proof whatsoever the expelled individual had anything to do with the false passports. He was expelled by virtue of being a staffer at the Israeli embassy, nothing more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭IrishTonyO

Concept21 wrote: »
    Anyone else find this a bit disturbing, that Michael Martin expels an unnamed Israeli embassy official for his part in falsifying Irish passports for Mossad, which were then used by assassins who killed Hamas guy in Dubai. I've no meas for Hamas but all a bit crazy if this is what the Israeli embassy are up to in Dublin.
    Also a touch of media-management about Martin's decision to expel this guy on a very busy news day - vote of confidence in Cowen, Kenny facing revolt. And why not name the official if he's so convinced he falsified Irish passports for Mossad.
    What else are Mossad up to here - Derek and Jenny Graham the couple on board the Rachel Corrie last week said Israeli Defence Forces showed them photographs they took of them working on the boat before departure, photos were taken by Mossad in Dundalk.

The expelling of the Israeli diplomat was symbolic, the government said they were not saying he had anything to do with the passports, but as a representative of Israel he was culpable.

"He stressed that the designated embassy official was not accused or suspected of any particular wrongdoing. “In being obliged to leave their post prematurely, the official concerned is a victim of the actions of the state they represent."

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/world/2010/0616/1224272613897.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

This dose not help the situation at all.

Israel considers the Turkish Muslim charity IHH involved in organising a flotilla of aid ships to Gaza last month as a "terrorist organisation," public television said Wednesday.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp...gleFV2Ah9rxAxw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Aids By Google

I was not attacked, so mossad told me.

• Advertisement
Advertisement