Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aid Floatillas Attacked

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭eamo12

SlabMurphy wrote: »
    No, bring Zyklon B instead.

Regrettable but not surprising. Bye shinbag ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Nijmegen wrote: »
    The flotilla was carrying no arms. But a blockade is universal.

Would the UK be within their right to blockade because of the potential for the RIRA to get arms?
    Would they be right to attack ships bringing supplies to Ireland?
    Would they be in their right to shell Dundalk & South Armagh as they are republican strongholds and attackers of their country come from these areas?

This exactly what Isreal are doing and you are defending them

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

SlabMurphy wrote: »
    No, bring Zyklon B instead.
    Banned - biko

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

A report as it was happening. In english a few seconds in and also at 2:36 :

http://www9.gazetevatan.com/israil-turk-bayrakli-yardim-gemisinde-olum-kustu/308396/1/Gundem

Scroll to the bottom of the page

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

Yup. I'm going to be checking every single purchase henceforth and will be boycotting all Israeli products indefinitely and will be urging all friends and family to do the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

doncarlos wrote: »
    Would the UK be within their right to blockade because of the potential for the RIRA to get arms?
    Would they be in their right to shell Dundalk & South Armagh as they are republican strongholds and attackers of their country come from these areas?

The Irish Republic worked actively to put a lid on PIRA activities in places, and became the official power broker, as the UK did for loyalists, in peace talks for the PIRA.

There's huge differences.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

Memnoch wrote: »
    Yup. I'm going to be checking every single purchase henceforth and will be boycotting all Israeli products indefinitely and will be urging all friends and family to do the same.

Tescoes often sell israeli agricultural produce, they have even been known to mix israeli produce with other countries produce, and even to offer no alternative products to consumers.

There are 'boycott israel' sites on the web which list products and manufacturers & brand names etc.

I would urge everyone who doesn't already do this to begin to do so as you can be 100% sure that a bunch of Irish people having a poor opinion of them is not even going to register with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭eamo12

If I see products made in Israel, I usually buy them even if they are more expensive. Anything that helps this little nation against the terrorist hatefest that is hamas and their supporters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

Only difference there is it would be Independent Newspapers & RTE doing the spin instead of Fox/Sky. The "victors" in this incident will be the mass media and its ability to control.

The Irish Republic worked actively to put a lid on PIRA activities in places, and became the official power broker, as the UK did for loyalists, in peace talks for the PIRA.

Really??? You really need to read up on your history buddy I'd start with Jock Haughey supplying the IRA with arms in the late 60s

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Gaza is run by Hamas - a terrorist organisation. Ireland was never run by the IRA - that is the difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

The Fox/Sky news are spinning this one out already, who's to say they cant for instance, plant arms on these ships?

Israel, like America, can do whatever the f**k it wants, and if you or I even dare to question them, we're branded as Hamas/Al Quaeda supporters. The sad thing is this will be forgotten in a month because of the above mentioned media. Orwell got it right in 1984.
    A month? Your optimistic. This will be a non story within 48 hours.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

I haven't read all the posts so forgive me if I lack all the details - but am I right in whats been said basically, that up to 19 people were shot dead because one persons might have managed to get ONE gun off a soldier and a few others had a bar to defend themselves against a group of then "unknowns" who dropped down in amid the dark of night, without clear indication whom they were?

My first reaction would be to say "thats a terrible cock-up" by a supposed trained team of soldiers.
    Even IF you stand by Israel and their right to exist (or not), its a shocking action to shoot up to 19 people because of one person grabbing a gun and possibly using it.

By the way, reports now say there was 6 Irish people on the boat involved I heard.

Mister men wrote: »
    A month? Your optimistic. This will be a non story within 48 hours.

I've never been called an optimist when it comes to stuff like this.

Really??? You really need to read up on your history buddy I'd start with Jock Haughey supplying the IRA with arms in the late 60s
    Yes, in the late 60's Israel was fighting a few wars of its own we could dredge up for fun.

Or we could discuss the more recent past. I don't care what people did in the 1960's if they made amends later on. Israel was working on peace, but Hamas murdered all their moderate colleagues and decided for war.

darkman2 wrote: »
    Gaza is run by Hamas - a terrorist organisation. Ireland was never run by the IRA - that is the difference.

Who says Hamas is a terrorist organisation??

I've never been called an optimist when it comes to stuff like this.
    1st time for everything what.

the American owned mass media, and if you disagree, you're one of them:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

according to another forum i read there are apparently 6 injured israeli soldiers two of them critical

darkman2 wrote: »

According to who? America and Israel.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭danbohan

Turkey would be welcome to have a go. They could ring up the Syrians, the Jordanians, the Iraqi's, the Egyptians and others to ask for winning advice.

would not be too cocky my friend , we saw how effective your great Israeli army was in Lebanon last time , sooner or later those who live by the sword shall die by the sword and that includes the US and Israel

PeakOutput wrote: »
    according to another forum i read there are apparently 6 injured israeli soldiers two of them critical

You'd be surprised what a soldier will do to himself in the name of his country.

Their charter calls for the removal or nullification of Israel. They regularly fire rockets at civilian centers. They took control of Gaza by murdering their more moderate colleagues in government.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

People should try not to deviate from the main issue here.

Apologists for this are remarkable. These boats were in international waters, so straight away this is an illegal act by the IDF.

Secondly there is a total Blockade around Gaza. The point of this aid was that there was not enough aid getting through to meet the needs of all the prisoners within gaza. Just look at the bad PR they tried to do earlier in the week to convince people that aid was not needed

How anyone can try and justify this is beyond me. The ships were previously checked and found to be carrying aid and volunteers, thats it. They were ruthlessly attacked in international waters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

These people on the ship were not armed and they were not importing arms. If they were importing arms then they would have used them in defense.

Try to compare this to northern Ireland. I'm sure there have been many riots in northern Ireland in which police have been attacked by stones, sticks and even petrol bombs but the police did not attack back with firearms, they attacked back with bats or at most rubber bullets.

And also, shouldn't customs officers have boarded the ships not soldiers? The way the Israelis boarded the ship (from observing some of the videos) was a sign of provocation.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭cyberhog

The Jewish colonists have demonstrated once again that they are a barbaric and sadistic people.

ROT IN HELL YOU EVIL PHUCKS.

Mister men wrote: »
    You'd be surprised what a soldier will do to himself in the name of his country.
    OK. If the best defence here will be, "The Israeli's shot their own men up to make it look like they met resistance, just for the kicks of killing a few protestors and making a PR disaster for themselves..." I have to wonder.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

Apologists for this are remarkable. These boats were in international waters, so straight away this is an illegal act by the IDF.

that is factually incorrect and should not be repeated

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

PeakOutput wrote: »
    If someone managed to grab a soldiers gun, I'm surprised there is not more.
    That said, if one man had a gun, if I was a soldier I might be entitled to shoot at him/her but for someone to shoot back at 18 others too - thats not indicative of a trained supposed professional force.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

What's funny is the amount of people calling it an act of piracy.

Piracy is carried out by individuals or groups, not by nation states.
    The very worst that the forces that carried out this operation can be called is privateers, not pirates.

Advertisement