Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aid Floatillas Attacked

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Nijmegen wrote: »
    Their charter calls for the removal or nullification of Israel. They regularly fire rockets at civilian centers. They took control of Gaza by murdering their more moderate colleagues in government.

How many innocent civilians have Israel Murderd? You can add a few more onto that list today!
    Don't get me wrong anybody that attacks civilian targets should be held accountable this includes Hamas and the Israeli government.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

PeakOutput wrote: »
    that is factually incorrect and should not be repeated
    They were in international waters, and boarded illegally by the IDF, where exactly does the factual in-correctness begin?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

Biggins wrote: »
    If someone managed to grab a soldiers gun, I'm surprised there is not more.
    That said, if one man had a gun, if I was a soldier I might be entitled to shoot at him/her but for someone to shoot back at 18 others too - thats not indicative of a trained supposed professional force.

yes i agree and im really not trying to take sides BUT there is so much blind one sidedness against the israels that its hard not to

lets assume that there is 6 wounded soldiers and two are critical

and lets assume that there was two pistols being used against the israels as well as the apparent sticks and knives

if we assume this then all of a sudden up to 18 dead starts to sound not as excessive

im NOT saying thats the case im just saying no1 here has any idea what actually happened and the mass jumping to anti israel conclusions is retarded

another report on the radio indicates 1 irish citizen has been injured in the attack

They were in international waters, and boarded illegally by the IDF, where exactly does the factual in-correctness begin?

it isnt illegal to intercept and board a ship in international waters

thats not indicative of a trained supposed professional force.

Maybe it is Biggins, depends which way your trained.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

that is factually incorrect and should not be repeated

Source? Because every other source, including members of our own government are saying they were in international waters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭moonpurple

the only thing I want to hear from israel today is that they will respect the UN and carry out its direction concerning land taken without permission in the 1970's

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

cyberhog wrote: »
    The Jewish colonists have demonstrated once again that they are a barbaric and sadistic people.

ROT IN HELL YOU EVIL PHUCKS.

Banned
    I'm here all day folks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Why is the word terrorist even been used in this thread? These where innocent aid workers for God's sake What kind of a boundery have we crossed as a human race when we allow aid workers to be murdered

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

doncarlos wrote: »
    How many innocent civilians have Israel Murderd? You can add a few more onto that list today!
    Don't get me wrong anybody that attacks civilian targets should be held accountable this includes Hamas and the Israeli government.
    Talk to the South Africans if you'd like advice on keeping score vs attaining peace.

• Advertisement

Then why are members of our government and others saying Israel has broken international law?

iguana wrote: »
    Source? Because every other source, including members of our own government are saying they were in international waters.

i didnt say they werent

even the anti israel speaker on newstalk admitted it is not illegal to intercept and board a boat in international waters

I'm no expert but I think there remains a few laws that would protect the vessel from what seems like unlawful boarding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

Talk to the South Africans if you'd like advice on keeping score vs attaining peace.

I hear that the Israelis had planned to sell nuclear weapon to South Africa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Then why are members of our government and others saying Israel has broken international law?
    Because they have killed innocent aid workers maybe. Only a thought like.

There are planned protests all over the country today. Its also good to hear that there has been strikes called in regions of Israel itself and that there is planned protests In Haifa and Tel-aviv as well.

they might have broken international law but according to what i have heard (from both sides the israeli ambassador and the person debating him on the radio) it wasnt the interception or boarding that broke it after that i dont know

Mister men wrote: »
    Because they have killed innocent aid workers maybe. Only a thought like.

I'm aware of that, just questioning some of the nonsense that others are coming out with while I wait to hear word about the safety of my friend who was aboard Challenger 1.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

yes i agree and im really not trying to take sides BUT there is so much blind one sidedness against the israels that its hard not to
    lets assume that there is 6 wounded soldiers and two are critical
    and lets assume that there was two pistols being used against the israels as well as the apparent sticks and knives
    if we assume this then all of a sudden up to 18 dead starts to sound not as excessive
    im NOT saying thats the case im just saying no1 here has any idea what actually happened and the mass jumping to anti israel conclusions is retarded
    another report on the radio indicates 1 irish citizen has been injured in the attack

I hear what your saying - and I am not taking sides in this issue either.

What does strike me though is that the likes of the SAS, etc from other countries are professional enough to be able at a fractions notice to differentiate between a person with a gun, a person without one and then making mental decision on the spot as to who to shoot and who not to.

Israel like to portray that they have the best and clearly in some cases they do.
    This time, my god, did they send in teams just out of school?

What have the South Africans got to do with this?? Have they shelled villages and killed innocent civilians carrying add too?

• Advertisement

There are planned protests all over the country today. Its also good to hear that there has been strikes called in regions of Israel itself and that there is planned protests In Haifa and Tel-aviv as well.
    The Israeli people are more moderate than many give them credit for.

I don't know, do people actually believe that the Israeli's want constant war? That they wouldn't prefer to live like us in W. Europe, completely at peace?

I hear what your saying - and I am not taking sides in this issue either.

What does strike me though is that the likes of the SAS, etc from other countries are professional enough to be able at a fractions notice to differentiate between a person with a gun, a person without one and then making mental decision on the spot as to who to shoot and who not to.

Israel like to portray that they have the best and clearly in some cases they do.
    This time, my god, did they send in teams just out of school?

ye thats true but people here have been saying that it was an elite commando unit doing the boarding id be very suprised if that was the case

the irish army dosnt use the rangers for its boarding parties for example they use people trained in the navy there is a massive difference

it dosnt excuse it it jsut makes the assertion that an elite death squad of israelis boarded and slaughtered innocents incorrect

doncarlos wrote: »
    What have the South Africans got to do with this?? Have they shelled villages and killed innocent civilians carrying add too?
    The point is, I argue that Hamas are terrorists not willing to come to the negotiating table, like other moderate Palestinians.

It is pointed out that Israel has killed innocent Palestinians.

The SA point is that sometimes putting the past behind you and seeking peace is better than keeping all old scores, paying all old debts.

Here in Ireland we too have seen former mortal enemies sit together and bring peace and prosperity to their lands. If they continued keeping score, that would never have happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

I don't know, do people actually believe that the Israeli's want constant war? That they wouldn't prefer to live like us in W. Europe, completely at peace?

Then they should stop electing the governments that they do.

B0jangles wrote: »
    They elect governments that defend them. At the end of the day, peace cannot come at any cost. The Israeli's will do business in the W. Bank with moderates. They will kill anyone who fires rockets at their cities and attempt to murder their children on the way to school.

The solution to peace in Ireland was not for the British Army to surrender its arms. The weaker force sets the tone of the debate, always.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

SKY NEWS: Turkey calling for emergency meeting of the U.N. Security Council.

Details of protests on here:

http://www.ipsc.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭danbohan

B0jangles wrote: »

if they are its long after time they took control of their country then , perhaps we should encourage them by banning all travel to Europe by Israeli citizens and repatriate all Israelis living in Europe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Israel is blocking all passenger communication. They want to establish control of the media prior to allowing the word of what really happened to get out.

• Advertisement

The point is, I argue that Hamas are terrorists not willing to come to thenegotiating table, like other moderate Palestinians.

If Israel wants peace so badly why did they break the ceasefire killing 300 civilians last Christmas?

Advertisement