Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aid Floatillas Attacked

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

People will give whatever sh1t they can get away with and until the West stands up against Israel they'll continue to chance their arm.
    Israeli sanctions FTW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Michaél martin on Radio 1 right now. He is meeting the Israeli ambassodor today.
    I would ask that people could take a minute and send an email to him. michealmartintd@eircom.net

It is important that Ireland deals with this issue with a backbone and make it clear that this unneccesary use of lethal force will not be tolerated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭rubberdiddies

PeakOutput wrote: »
    it isnt illegal to intercept and board a ship in international waters

please follow up your post with a reference to where you found this information. ie: please prove that you're statement is true and not just your opinion.

In my opinion......
    At the end of the day Isreal, with the backing and blessing of the US, will get away with this scot free. Just like they got away with forging passports to commit murder in another country. Just like they got away with the murders of approximately 1400 people when they attacked Gaza in 2008/2009. An atrocity condemned by the UNHRC. The attacks were in retaliation to terrorist activities, comparable, in my opinion, to the UK attacking Ireland every time the IRA let off a bomb in England!

Just like the Isreali war on Lebanon and Lebanese civilians in 2006 in which 1500 mainly lebanese civilians were murdered, again in retaliation to terrorist attacks.

See a pattern emerging here?

I'm not associated with the arab world and I'm not particularly political, but these kind of attrocities, carried out in the name of a 'civilised' society are appaling.

I wonder why there hasnt been any comment thus far from the Obama administration

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

It is important that Ireland deals with this issue with a backbone

That'll never happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

please follow up your post with a reference to where you found this information. ie: please prove that you're statement is true and not just your opinion.

i already did that thanks

i agree with the rest of your point that either way israel will get away with it

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

dlofnep wrote: »
    Israel is blocking all passenger communication. They want to establish control of the media prior to allowing the word of what really happened to get out.
    I sure all will be searched and camera phones confiscated ("for security reasons" ?). Vanishing evidence?
    I suspect much is going on in the background to those on the boats.

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭MicraBoy

The Department of Foreign Affairs has today confirmed that 12 Irish passport holders have been caught up in the Israeli raid on a flotilla of aid ships bound for Gaza.

Read more: http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/twelve-irish-passport-holders-on-board-gaza-aid-convoy-459830.html#ixzz0pVbHpMug

There are bound to be a few members of an Israeli assassination squad thrown in there, so about half a dozen genuine Irish passport holders I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

I wouldn't be starting a political thread in here if it wasn't so serious and needed immediate attention.

From us? In AH?:confused:

Is anyone else listening to Radio 1?
    The israeli representative talking is a lunatic:O He is saying that Israel came under fire from the flotilla, that they were attacked?:O This is pure lunacy, the boat was carrying nothing but aid. It was checked beforehand by cutoms officials and found to be carrying nothing but Aid and volunteers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Israel's deputy Foreign Minister Danny Ayalon said his country "regrets any loss of life and did everything to avoid this outcome".
    He accused the convoy of a "premeditated and outrageous provocation", describing the flotilla as an "armada of hate". :rolleyes:

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/10195838.stm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,072 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I bet Obama isn't too happy about this either. It wouldn't have bothered Bush too much, but the new guy's a different kettle of fish, with a completely different family history.

From us? In AH?:confused:
    People in general. This is the section of the forum that has the most amount of people looking at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

There are planned protests all over the country today. Its also good to hear that there has been strikes called in regions of Israel itself and that there is planned protests In Haifa and Tel-aviv as well.

have you a link for this?

iguana wrote: »
    have you a link for this?
    I cant find a link at the minute. It was posted by an Israeli in another forum. I will post any links if i get them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭moonpurple

The Basque Country as a greater region (Basque: Euskal Herria) is a European cultural region in the western Pyrenees that spans the border between France and Spain, on the Atlantic coast.

this flotilla was not some ETA IRA PLO operation, it had Irish parliamentarians on it,

soon the basque country will have a good friday agreement, con ayude dios

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

"But they had weapons - that's why we counterattacked." Now where have we heard that one before? (Hint WoMD)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭sickofwaiting

The israeli representative talking is a lunatic:O He is saying that Israel came under fire from the flotilla, that they were attacked?:O This is pure lunacy, the boat was carrying nothing but aid. It was checked beforehand by cutoms officials and found to be carrying nothing but Aid and volunteers.

Eh, there are videos on the news channels showing people with iron bars aboard a ship attacking a soldier who has just got onto it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

moonpurple wrote: »
    The Basque Country as a greater region (Basque: Euskal Herria) is a European cultural region in the western Pyrenees that spans the border between France and Spain, on the Atlantic coast.

this flotilla was not some ETA IRA PLO operation, it had Irish parliamentarians on it,

soon the basque country will have a good friday agreement, con ayude dios

eh........Wha'??

doncarlos wrote: »
    Israel's deputy Foreign Minister Danny Ayalon said his country "regrets any loss of life and did everything to avoid this outcome".
    He accused the convoy of a "premeditated and outrageous provocation", describing the flotilla as an "armada of hate". :rolleyes:
    Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/10195838.stm

Unless there are weapons found of some description or other material that can be clearly see as weapon assistance to Hamas, surely there is no reason to board 6 ships in the middle of the night by masked teams!

They better find something to justify the raid in the first place - if by some reports - the ships were searched and cleared already.
    "Armada of hate" or not - very questionable justification for invading aid boats if nothing is found!

Eh, there are videos on the news channels showing people with iron bars aboard a ship attacking a soldier who has just got onto it.
    I've seen that video. As the commandos land on the boat, one soldier is attacked by one man by what looks like a piece of wood. The rest of the people are being rounded into a corner and on the ground by the rest of the commandos. One man coming at a heavily armed commando with a piece of wood is not justification for shooting people.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

moonpurple wrote: »
    con ayude dios

So ETA use the IRA slogan now do they ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

Eh, sorry sir, but there's a difference between firing from the ships onto the Israeli convoy and hitting them with metal bars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭moonpurple

Jip wrote: »
    So ETA use the IRA slogan now do they ?

con ayude dios

with the help of god

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Wow, just wow. Storming ships carrying aid in international waters, that is a new low. The loss of lives is 100% the fault of Israel, those people would still be alive if it wasn't for the IDF's action's. They are nothing but terrorists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Ah, my Spanish is obviously rusty, I was mixing Llegar with Ayudar, and dia with dio, my bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

I cant find a link at the minute. It was posted by an Israeli in another forum. I will post any links if i get them.

I got some.

http://israelpalestineblogs.com/2010/05/31/death-at-sea-the-attack-on-the-gaza-flotilla-live-blogging/
    12:10: Leftwing protests scheduled for 6 Pm in Jerusalem; 7 Pm in Tel Aviv (in front of the Defense Ministry on Kaplan st.); 7 Pm in Haifa. Some protesters are on their way right now to Ashdod and Haifa ports, to which the flotilla boats are headed.

There are facebook pages too but I can only take the blog's word for what they are about as i can't read them,

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=128087750550861

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=121822121190747

and;

http://www.alternativenews.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2629:activists-from-israel-denied-right-to-enter-ashdod-port-demonstrate-nearby-&catid=119:english&Itemid=878

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

One man coming at a heavily armed commando with a piece of wood is not justification for shooting people.

'People' or the person attacking him with the wood?.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

'People' or the person attacking him with the wood?.

just in case yo havnt seen it yet makikomi you have been accused of working for mossad over in the politics forum because of your visitor messages this morning

use safe house d until we can get you smuggled safely out of the country

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Highly Salami

What everyone seems to have forgotten in all this is that Israel gave Ireland 6 points in the Eurovision.

• Advertisement

What everyone seems to have forgotten in all this is that Israel gave Ireland 6 points in the Eurovision.
    Just 6? ;)

Advertisement