Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guess The Screenshot (Mobile Data Unfriendly)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

ThirdMan wrote: »
    Any ideas? Big hint: this scene is set in an operating theatre.

Hard candy?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

12222111645_d975626a7b.jpg

This shouldn't be too difficult.

M*A*S*H

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭DMcL1971

Any ideas? Big hint: this scene is set in an operating theatre.

M*A*S*H

Edit: Damn!!!! Too late.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭DMcL1971

2. White Dog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭ThirdMan

FunLover18 wrote: »
    M*A*S*H
    DMcL1971 wrote: »
    M*A*S*H

Edit: Damn!!!! Too late.

Well done!

DMcL1971 wrote: »
    2. White Dog.

Correct. Well done!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

1.i042207.jpg

2.i005578.jpg

3.i079866.jpg

4.i014722.jpg

5.i136031.jpg

6.i056231.jpg

7.i292223.jpg

8.i240485.jpg

9.i175222.jpg

10.i461898.jpg

11.i005218.jpg

12.i201638.jpg

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Iron Maiden, Dua Lipa, Maya Hawke, Billie Eilish (x2), Oasis

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Bluftoni

12. Magnolia

3. Scent of a Woman

Ah, I see the trend, very nice.

• Advertisement

Bluftoni wrote: »
    12. Magnolia
    3. Scent of a Woman

Both correct, well done.
    Ah, I see the trend, very nice.

Yes, it seemed appropriate.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Iron Maiden, Dua Lipa, Maya Hawke, Billie Eilish (x2), Oasis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Mizu_Ger

1. The Talented Mr Ripley

2. Along Came Polly
    5. Charlie Wilson's War
    6. Punch Drunk Love

Mizu_Ger wrote: »
    1. The Talented Mr Ripley
    2. Along Came Polly
    5. Charlie Wilson's War
    6. Punch Drunk Love

All correct. Well done. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭rednik

11. The Big Lebowski, a classic scene with a brother seamus !!!

rednik wrote: »
    11. The Big Lebowski, a classic scene with a brother seamus !!!

Indeed. Well done. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

10. The Ides of March

10. The Ides of March

Yes, it is. Well spotted.

9. State and Main?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭SVG

8. Synecdoche New York

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭fluke

is 7 Boogie Nights?

9. State and Main?
    SVG wrote: »
    8. Synecdoche New York
    fluke wrote: »
    is 7 Boogie Nights?

Yes. All correct. Well done.
    I think that just leaves No. 4...

i014722.jpg

Almost Famous?

It is indeed. Well done.

PSH RIP.

3. 12222914774_ed3f1927ba.jpg

I'll have one last go with this one. It's from a British female director. It was her second picture and was released in 2013. It's loosely based on an Oscar Wilde short story and stars two actors from the TV show Shameless.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,833 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The Selfish Giant

The Selfish Giant

Well done!

My next clue was going to be Th_ Sel__sh G_ant.

Slightly annoying, but not too difficult.

1. 12293923435_ac7701cc14.jpg

2. 12293925585_7204a83855.jpg

3. 12294090323_6a97466541.jpg

4. 12294091363_6394c5546a.jpg

5.12294001545_102fb998f6.jpg

1. Mud

1. Mud

Yes, well done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,474 ✭✭✭✭Zeek12

2. Paris Texas

Zeek12 wrote: »
    2. Paris Texas

Correct. This isn't gonna last long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Ah balls, only 2 I knew are gone already…. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,680 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Ah balls, only 2 I knew are gone already…. :(
    I'd say 99% of visitors to this thread get that feeling if they arrive a bit after the pics have been posted. :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Is 4 Shotgun Stories?

DeepBlue wrote: »
    I'd say 99% of visitors to this thread get that feeling if they arrive a bit after the pics have been posted. :D

True, but I do look at the pics and answer in my head before scrolling down so at least I know if I know or not. Still fun, but better to post first for the kudos (lol!).

Is 4 Shotgun Stories?

It is. Well spotted!

Only two left.

3. 12294090323_6a97466541.jpg

5.12294001545_102fb998f6.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,680 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

5. reminds me of Witness but I doubt that's it

DeepBlue wrote: »
    5. reminds me of Witness but I doubt that's it

No I'm afraid not.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

It's Days of Heaven.

It's Days of Heaven.

It is indeed. Well done.

I think 3 is The 400 Blows.

Capture29_zps6147307c.png

Capture27_zps63acc84d.png

Capture11_zps8937f4c1.png

Capture9_zps2fa75fd8.png

Capture14_zps5f56bbd9.png

Capture6_zps7cc5a726.png

Capture24_zps7f9e5338.png

Capture22_zpsd85a20e4.png

9.Capture21_zps056a10d4.png

Capture17_zps0de992e6.png

ScreenShot2014-02-05at175242_zpsab38824c.png

ScreenShot2014-02-05at174633_zpsc682bf0f.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

2 Repo Man

'Where you going Otto?
    'Away from you'

10 Lady and the Tramp

tricky D wrote: »
    2 Repo Man

'Where you going Otto?
    'Away from you'

10 Lady and the Tramp

Both correct. Well done :)

I know I've seen 7, but I'm not sure if it's one of a few movies so I'm going to pluck for

The Cotton Club.

Prob. wrong, but I have a list as long as my arm for possibilities on this one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

6 is enemy at the gates?

1 is Equilibrium

Is 9 Narc?

• Advertisement

6 is enemy at the gates?

Correct.
    1 is Equilibrium

Is 9 Narc?

Yes, both correct.
    I know I've seen 7, but I'm not sure if it's one of a few movies so I'm going to pluck for

The Cotton Club.

Nope, afraid not.

Advertisement