Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guess The Screenshot (Mobile Data Unfriendly)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

9. Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,461 ✭✭✭✭Zeek12

FunLover18 wrote: »

Correct

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

10 Force 10 from Navaronne

3 Looks very like Robbie Arkins in The Commitments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

4. Take shelter?

tricky D wrote: »
    10 Force 10 from Navaronne

3 Looks very like Robbie Arkins in The Commitments
    Drumpot wrote: »
    4. Take shelter?

All correct, well spotted.

3. The Commitments
    4. Take Shelter
    10. Force 10 from Navarone

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭shazzerman

1. A Simple Plan?
    6. The Talented Mr Ripley?
    8. Performance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,155 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

7: The Godfather
    1: Blood Simple?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,155 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

6: The Good Shepherd?

8 is Performance & 6. is The Good Shepherd. Well done both.

The others are wrong.

3. The Commitments
    4. Take Shelter
    6. The Good Shepherd
    8. Performance
    10. Force 10 from Navarone
    Zeek12 wrote: »
    vlcsnap-2014-02-21-16h56m33s133_zps90668faa.png

vlcsnap-2013-10-20-19h41m06s233_zps8636e781.png

Capture7_zps46d3b2af.png

vlcsnap-2014-02-21-16h47m32s110_zpsdbdf13ae.png

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭AllthingsCP

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ412ZfQo8MT_C2Kt6ih09WLbkDTOZcghtGC7bmoLH07BmfzzPe6g

• Advertisement

Is 2 The Client?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Is 5 Inglourious Basterds?

Nope, sorry. Both wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

2. is definitely Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia.

2. is definitely Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia.

Yes it is. Well done

Some clues:

1. 70s French film. One of the main cast previously appeared in a well know "Spaghetti Western"

5. War drama. The Director and Co-writer had previously collaborated together on an Oscar winning film

7. 80s film. An early role here for an Irish actor who would go on to much fame and success in later years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Mizu_Ger

Some clues:

1. 70s French film. One of the main cast previously appeared in a well know "Spaghetti Western"

5. War drama. The Director and Co-writer had previously collaborated together on an Oscar winning film

7. 80s film. An early role here for an Irish actor who would go on to much fame and success in later years

I'll guess Le Cercle Rouge for no. 1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Chad ghostal

Some clues:

Long Good Friday?

Also, "Flags of Our Fathers" for 5 ?

Mizu_Ger wrote: »
    I'll guess Le Cercle Rouge for no. 1.

Yes, well done.
    Long Good Friday?

Also, "Flags of Our Fathers" for 5 ?

The Long Good Friday is correct, well spotted (Pierce Brosnan being the Irish actor from the clue).

No.5 is wrong, but you're close!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,899 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

No.5 is wrong, but you're close!
    Letters from Iwo Jima

Riskymove wrote: »
    Letters from Iwo Jima

Correct. And that's the lot!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

1.i290813.jpg

2.i417320.jpg

3.i217379.jpg

4.i115187.jpg

5.i596844.jpg

6.i013656.jpg

7.vlc2008051401083411yx1.3969.jpg

8.i191028.jpg

9.i109825.jpg

10.i620446.jpg

11.i416075.jpg

12.i039736.jpg

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Iron Maiden, Dua Lipa, Billie Eilish (x2), Oasis

1. Cool Hand Luke

7. Somewhere in Time
    11. Murder at 1600

1. Cool Hand Luke
    7. Somewhere in Time
    11. Murder at 1600

All correct. Well done. :)

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭fluke

5. Death Wish 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,481 ✭✭✭MfMan

1 Cool Hand Luke
    4 Children of the damned?
    7 Somewhere in time?
    9 The Firm?
    10 Taxi driver

8 Hoosiers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

9. The Da Vinci Code??

9. Dirty Pretty Things

• Advertisement

5 Death wish 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

5 Death Wish 2

fluke wrote: »
    5. Death Wish 2

Yes, well done.
    MfMan wrote: »
    1 Cool Hand Luke
    4 Children of the damned?
    7 Somewhere in time?
    9 The Firm?
    10 Taxi driver

You were behind MizuGer, but Cool Hand Luke and Somewhere in Time are correct. The other three are wrong, I'm afraid.

4. Whistle Down the Wind
    12. Topkapi

Riskymove wrote: »
    8 Hoosiers
    9. Dirty Pretty Things

Both correct! Well done. :)

shazzerman wrote: »
    4. Whistle Down the Wind
    12. Topkapi

Yes. Well spotted.

10. Lovelace?

Just these left now.
    2.i417320.jpg

3.i217379.jpg

6.i013656.jpg

2. 1961, based on a stage play, directed by a later Oscar-winning director
    3. 1975, an adaptation of a rock opera
    6. 1955, an early film by a legendary American director

10. Lovelace?

It is Lovelace. The clue was there all along. :D

6. The Manchurian Candidate (1962)?
    10. Boogie Nights?

• Advertisement

3. Tommy?

Yes, it is Tommy. Well deduced.

6. Fear and Desire

2. A View from the Bridge

shazzerman wrote: »
    2. A View from the Bridge
    6. Fear and Desire/The Manchurian Candidate

No luck with those, I'm afraid, but you're very close with Fear and Desire. Same director. :)

6. Killer's Kiss

2. A Taste of Honey

A Taste of Honey and Killer's Kiss are both correct. Well deduced. :)

1.i561032.jpg

2.i130447.jpg

3.i002605.jpg

4.623704COMBH.jpg

5.i451586.jpg

6.i298989.jpg

7.i185634.jpg

8.i384488.jpg

9.i124320.jpg

10.i087308.jpg

• Advertisement

1. Copland
    4 Dr Strangelove
    10 The Hard Way

Advertisement