Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guess The Screenshot (Mobile Data Unfriendly)

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Is 6 Drop Dead Gorgeous?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Yes, six is future multiple-Oscar nominee Amy Adams in Drop Dead Gorgeous. Well spotted.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Iron Maiden, Dua Lipa, Billie Eilish (x2), Oasis

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Yes, six is future multiple-Oscar nominee Amy Adams in Drop Dead Gorgeous. Well spotted.

Finally got one! :D

I thought I could see Brittany Murphy and Kirstin Dunst in the background. I had forgotten Adams was in it. you can barely recognise her!

... which is why I thought it'd be a good one to use. :)

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

5. images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS8gg3N-xEMnnpl9tygKm4DVT-Ma15THTudLGGsB_aoVJtW6HueaA
    Starter for 10 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Delbert #7 'sharkys machine'
    # 10 'hot-shots'

# 8 is 'charade'?

Deep Blue: Starter for Ten is right. Well done.
    The Purple Tin: Charade is right. Well done. The other two are wrong, I'm afraid.
    No. 10 was actually identified correctly earlier as Rain Man.

Deep Blue: Starter for Ten is right. Well done.
    The Purple Tin: Charade is right. Well done. The other two are wrong, I'm afraid.
    No. 10 was actually identified correctly earlier as Rain Man.

Probably way off but am thinking #7 is some 70's Burt reynolds flick.

• Advertisement

It's not a Burt Reynolds film, no. There is actually a clue embedded in the picture, but it's probably more obvious when you know it's there. It's early eighties.

2. CEE2F31C1C72436BB93F35234540B5E3-0000362898-0003194044-00576L-EDA899FED6B942EAB9E8CA3A68E95A5A.jpg
    Is this 'eat the peach'?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,462 ✭✭✭✭Zeek12

roanoke wrote: »
    The Devil's Own

State of Grace.

Am I detecting an Irish/Irish-American/Irish crime movie theme here for the day that's in it? :D

To continue the trend.....a real oirish classic bettered only by the fantastic Devils Own:D

12582ACE8F434FF081C4DD0A53BEF67C-0000362688-0003195111-00500L-4A529ACD15114BD3B0895020F97D9E78.jpg

That's Lloyd Bridges so it must be Blown Away.
    I saw it in the cinema but have tried to obliterate it from my mind...

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭SVG

4. images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS--ReF1m1wmFFGXDhBANLV03_e267wOPQteww__Nwf0g6DsMhaCg
    Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events

Well done. Dustin just makes a fleeting appearance.

• Advertisement

That's Lloyd Bridges so it must be Blown Away.
    I saw it in the cinema but have tried to obliterate it from my mind...

Can't say I blame you. Dire stuff!
    And yes it is Blown away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,161 ✭✭✭rednik

Is this 'eat the peach'?

No, this is from an IRA based movie of the '80s.

A Prayer for the Dying.

A Prayer for the Dying.

Correct.

This is from a cult classic made in 1999.

4928205C91964B04AE4608DAEE785D2F-0000362898-0003194036-00640L-5A7D3552A2224D6A808426391480EF4E.jpg

• Advertisement

rednik wrote: »
    This is from a cult classic made in 1999.

4928205C91964B04AE4608DAEE785D2F-0000362898-0003194036-00640L-5A7D3552A2224D6A808426391480EF4E.jpg
    Boondock Saints?

SVG wrote: »
    Boondock Saints?

Well spotted.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

tumblr_mjfucnlQVp1qj88rjo1_500.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Police Academy 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭roanoke

^^ Ghost Dog (Way of the Samurai). Class film!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,760 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

One last lot from me:

3. 5lteky.png

4. wjywp.png

6. 33kaerq.png

Still left. Some clues:

3. A near-silent film from the 1960s.

4. Early, pre-war masterpiece from one of the Japanese masters.

6. Shot taken from a musical number concerning a day of the week. Film tells the dark life story of a woman with a streak of bad luck.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Still left. Some clues:

3. A near-silent film from the 1960s.

Hell in the Pacific.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,760 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

quickbeam wrote: »

Hell in the Pacific.

Nope, afraid not.

3. 5lteky.png

4. wjywp.png
    The Naked Island
    The Story of the Last Chrysanthemum

Finally got round to putting some up myself!
    8570239958_b1ebe758a9_z.jpg

8569144131_c75b755e2d_z.jpg

8569145393_4ef33e3cfe_z.jpg

8569146763_1e77b4ab5a_z.jpg

8569149013_43577ed88e_z.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

1 is Dog Day Afternoon anyway.

quickbeam wrote: »
    1 is Dog Day Afternoon anyway.
    Yup and straight away-well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Kettle316

SVG wrote: »
    8569144131_c75b755e2d_z.jpg

Face Off??

Kettle316 wrote: »
    Face Off??
    No but your line of thinking isn't far off!

• Site Banned Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭ASJ112

2 is Hard Boiled and 3 is Taste of Cherry am pretty sure

ASJ112 wrote: »
    2 is Hard Boiled and 3 is Taste of Cherry am pretty sure
    Taste of Cherry is correct, Hard Boiled is not (but it's not too far off).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

#2's pigeons make it clear it's some form of John Woo film :D MI2?

pixelburp wrote: »
    #2's pigeons make it clear it's some form of John Woo film :D MI2?
    ;)Not MI2

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Scubrick

2 is the Killer I think?

• Advertisement

Scubrick wrote: »
    2 is the Killer I think?
    Congrats! That's the one.

1. images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ0J0VtnilaT6Hn6iNvZfzUPRNymKgKQ3wTqVg7viDdpcuL4hbD

2. images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRy9X7_lHaQboCnOIGSwlTbmYH2NOMafeqquUAa3u0HrrStYpEUHg

3. images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTBBEPF-ZB4g3fk4_0ThpP0WWjnLmkb3mfCqfouDIBsKDyiFWrKAA

4. images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRyDQUBbk6XJB8SRdgMjHqGvtFztLIS_heZea4E_5Q9cK-bMgDYIQ

5. images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQLebGGPaQtm1rJJG3UinFh8YOrvuFBrqDH1QF0wjIabNk8E_XEMA

6. images?q=tbn:ANd9GcScqu4gxRBDjrw8GQxBIsbgT_F1WGfyTziPaMTFkinl0YEWDRAJcQ

7. images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRfk2UgZx-J2eF2LC6rV1zS6v2Ma350g7wp8v2xdKcUZMwyrGymwA

8. images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRaaVBCwYFBh65Iws73scU70-aeEGRTQmC0ClDh0wrunN4b3kOA

9. images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTd-poFqic-p9fwX-VOEEvTGaK_GF4pxVRYlcHYqofaqkaTmnb5

10. images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSmA6Wg4WSSPnvomxOZNiAc0VeYT4-pk_fSkQFtrxKhhu8qip8hLw

I'm going to be very pedantic about the answer to No. 10. :D

8. images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRaaVBCwYFBh65Iws73scU70-aeEGRTQmC0ClDh0wrunN4b3kOA

:D

8. Never Let Me Go

1. images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTjedHhRwLtOeMIaOqKskVfEda-W2ST6O0JSXQZsR9V48XhZvrNqg

7. images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQUDMVLzAJWmI9YQTHHVzw8awQMAk5EdZrcIQSXgecrgkPCC9Fx

9. images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSvcQmRPSZz4YnU-40lKF5QfB9rD8U6dHSp2widIyQ5k4mQyiVN

These remain from my previous batch.
    The top one is from 1971 and was the first film made by a director after suffering an infamous episode in his personal life.
    The second one is from 1982 and is part of a six-film series. This incident occurs very early in the film.
    The man gesturing in the third one is an acclaimed British musician in one of his many film roles, this one from 1988.

The top one is from 1971 and was the first film made by a director after suffering an infamous episode in his personal life.
    Macbeth

It is indeed Carey Mulligan in the (IMHO) underrated Never Let Me Go, and Francesca Annis in Polanski's Macbeth.
    Well done. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

1. Is Stardust Memories

10. is Superman II (unless I'm missing something..!)

1. Is Stardust Memories

10. is Superman II (unless I'm missing something..!)

1 is Sharon Stone in Stardust Memories. 10 is of course Superman II, and I was only joking about being pedantic. It's from "Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut" - Zod doesn't use the machine gun in the Richard Lester version, unless I'm misremembering. :o There are so many missing and alternate scenes from Superman II, it's hard to keep track. Anyway, well done on both. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

The second one is from 1982 and is part of a six-film series. This incident occurs very early in the film.

Rocky 3

Yes, it's when Paulie smashes the Rocky pinball machine.
    Well deduced. :)

The man gesturing in the third one is an acclaimed British musician in one of his many film roles, this one from 1988.

The third one is Bowie in Last Temptation of Christ. I should have spotted that earlier!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement