Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guess The Screenshot (Mobile Data Unfriendly)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

6 is indeed (deep breath) National Lampoon's Loaded Weapon 1.
    Well deduced. :D

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Iron Maiden, Dua Lipa, Billie Eilish (x2), Oasis

Brought forward to a new page: three remaining...
    2. images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRCThvsAUhrAUFKrMcjDGFuZq2wn9ofuaXrnFQuQgY5xzUo8LNP

4. images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT9aG9kMQbSrq_LS4J9z48j9CfqieAtuFV5v6xTebGrYFuUoJ-EsQ

8. images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTRUJ50OoykicgzK-xsVHfGfsQnFM1QApNpLh4kZMfvMjHC94B9qA

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭ASJ112

Is 2 House of Flying Daggers and 8 Wings of Desire ?

Neither, I'm afraid, but you're (sort of) on the right path for number 8, in as much that it's is not an old film, but from the last decade... and - as it happens - it's set in the same city as Wings of Desire. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭irishash

4. Freaky friday

8. The good german

• Advertisement

Very well done on those two. Both correct. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,161 ✭✭✭rednik

Zeek12 wrote: »
    Just 2 left now.

6. The driver, this one bugged the hell out of me for the last 24hrs.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,462 ✭✭✭✭Zeek12

2 of these left. Any takers?
    Zeek12 wrote: »

CFBC02B0BDAA42929E0884B2AAD79160-0000362688-0003216437-00240L-00000000000000000000000000000000.jpg

627D50AD0D5A462792E328941AC9F249-0000362688-0003216434-00500L-915E82A4F96B48E7A81F5EA2F0234861.png

rednik wrote: »
    6. The driver, this one bugged the hell out of me for the last 24hrs.:pac:

Spooky timing there:)
    You're right, it is The Driver. Good spot.

So just no.3 left from that lot.

1. images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ_KbqaG-aqQZiV2NAYrKkv4H1BTR3gZHvgIiX2tzPOZNH-_OwA

2. images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTquRLeWhThtHdoL3aCN5fSevY5woEEG1jkFismwUr9Sb-T7e8-

3. images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQgxxKk3oB57ifsaNTJFevTqfJrvQ_KKDoi3cy0DbQI2Q5MIASncQ

4. images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRyYVFS-UoO_k5BO2AVQhYvJU_NM2yj7AfID6bWYMHr7tVO1Q3-YA

5. images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRbmBwsm7V3uQBPpLRgQRny5nCG_3TVKJv8NruIcj1RCgnrlK2n

6. images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQVr8DliW8V7zNzs_6bbJGZYFrr1XvVJqEA-zrJNsQvWGZOJHQOSg

7. images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSfsOzbErTFaJ9-xXnLnrdRY03qaHZfYR05yg_KnvvKDcn9tAlw

8. images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTBBhfq1bUExRU58YGGRhiJKqXetylhRLqwAtfmZ2l63trZ6Crw

9. images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT8by6KJoHB4xeDR79fpZ6EOwdU3-MiD5nkt4vAAx7f2lOlS2W1

10. images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ0prk66pI59P3mn03GRo83qzF2nqiTiCX3MpO9pXYsUDAmVdqr3Q

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Kettle316

Point Break??

Despite the Nixon mask, it's not Point Break.

1. Little big man

1 is Little Big Man. Well done. :)

I forgot this was left over from my previous batch.

It's a Korean film based on an 18th century French novel, which itself has had numerous other stage and film adaptations, including a well-known "Hollywood" version in the late 1990s.

2. images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRCThvsAUhrAUFKrMcjDGFuZq2wn9ofuaXrnFQuQgY5xzUo8LNP

Brought forward to a new page:
    2. images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTquRLeWhThtHdoL3aCN5fSevY5woEEG1jkFismwUr9Sb-T7e8-

4. images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRyYVFS-UoO_k5BO2AVQhYvJU_NM2yj7AfID6bWYMHr7tVO1Q3-YA

7. images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSfsOzbErTFaJ9-xXnLnrdRY03qaHZfYR05yg_KnvvKDcn9tAlw

8. images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTBBhfq1bUExRU58YGGRhiJKqXetylhRLqwAtfmZ2l63trZ6Crw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

4. is The January Man

Is 2. Beouwulf?

4 is The January Man - well spotted.
    2 is not Beowulf, no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

3. is the Ice Storm I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭ThirdMan

6. Is it Barry Lyndon?

• Advertisement

Darvich wrote: »
    3. is the Ice Storm I think.

It is The Ice Storm. Well done.
    ThirdMan wrote: »
    6. Is it Barry Lyndon?

Despite the similar lighting and the general overall appearance, it's not Barry Lyndon. It was released several years after the Kubrick film.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Mizu_Ger

Is 2. Bram's Stoker's Dracula (Francis Ford Coppola)?

Yes, it's Anthony Hopkins in the pre-title sequence of "Francis Ford Coppola's Bram Stoker's Dracula". Well done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭Theta

8. Kelly's Heroes

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Corinthian

7: bad day at black rock ?

Theta wrote: »
    8. Kelly's Heroes
    Corinthian wrote: »
    7: Bad Day at Black Rock

Both correct. Well done.

Jaysus lads, all of those are a bit too hard. I might just dial it down a notch.

1. images-11.jpeg?w=910

Jaysus lads, all of those are a bit too hard. I might just dial it down a notch.

Apologies. I've actually put up stills from three films featuring Jim Carrey over the course of this thread, if that compensates in any way. :D
    It's difficult to predict what other people will know, especially as what might be obvious to one person might be totally obscure to another, which - in some ways - is probably the whole idea. I once put up ten screenshots, and the first reply to my post got seven of them right, so it's hard to get the balance right.

Apologies. I've actually put up stills from three films featuring Jim Carrey over the course of this thread, if that compensates in any way. :D
    It's difficult to predict what other people will know, especially as what might be obvious to one person might be totally obscure to another, which - in some ways - is probably the whole idea. I once put up ten screenshots, and the first reply to my post got seven of them right, so it's hard to get the balance right.

Haha. No worries. I'm really enjoying it anyway. I don't know any of the answers, but I've been turned onto some great movies as a result of it. Also, I used to fancy myself as a bit of a movie buff. But this thread put an end to that. I guess we all need to be taken down a peg or two.

• Advertisement

Incidentally, the Korean movie you mentioned above has me really intrigued. I even went on a Google hunt earlier today, in a desperate attempt to impress you. But no such luck. I've been dipping in an out of some French novels from that era, and I also enjoy Korean cinema. So it's the perfect match. If nobody gets the correct answer would you mind PM me the answer. I'm determined to see the film. And I promise not to reveal the answer. :D

PM sent. Thanks.

Only ones left out of the current set.

9. Is that Charles Bronson?

9. Is that Charles Bronson?

Yeah it is I think.

It is Charles Brosnan in No. 9, with Jill Ireland, but the dilemma is what the film is, since they collaborated so frequently. It's arguably the trickiest one of the four that are left, though I did send the original ten pictures to someone and that was one of the films they got. That's my justification for including it! :p

5. is sometimes mentioned as one of the worst films ever made, and was poorly received at the time of its release, though it has developed a cult following. It was a science fiction film, shot in Wicklow (!!!) in the mid-1970s and featured a very well known actor in the lead.

6. is a seventeenth century murder mystery/sexual drama, and was - I believe - the first film shown on Channel Four.

10. is one of the more effective sequences from a much-maligned 1979 film that was part of a very successful, long-running franchise.

• Advertisement

10. The Amityville Horror.

5. is sometimes mentioned as one of the worst films ever made, and was poorly received at the time of its release, though it has developed a cult following. It was a science fiction film, shot in Wicklow (!!!) in the mid-1970s and featured a very well known actor in the lead.

5. Zardoz is the only one I can find?

Argh! I can see how you've decided that, based on my clue, but it's not The Amityville Horror. :o

Let's just say the franchise started long before 1979 and it's still going...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Mizu_Ger

Zardoz?

Theta wrote: »
    5. Zardoz is the only one I can find?

It is Zardoz. Directed by John Boorman, who evidently decided to film on his doorstep, and starring Sean Connery. Well deduced.

... and credit to Mizu Ger too, who posted while I was repying to Theta.

• Advertisement

9. From Noon till Three.

Very well done. It is From Noon Till Three.

Very well done. It is From Noon Till Three.

Well I've seen a good few Charles Bronson westerns, but I'd never have got that without your clue.

6. The Draughtsman's Contract. Although I done a little research and it seems that Stephen Frears' Walter was the first film on Channel 4. The former was the first original feature produced for Channel 4. Again, I wouldn't have got it without your clue. You're too kind, sir.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

Argh! I can see how you've decided that, based on my clue, but it's not The Amityville Horror. :o

Let's just say the franchise started long before 1979 and it's still going...

Franchise running long before 1979, with one of the movies released in that year, and still running? Made me think of both Star Trek and James Bond, both of which did have movies released that year... Going by yer wan's clothes, I'll say Bond, which would make the actual film Moonraker (which I guess is much maligned). Total guess work though as I don't remember that film at all, apart from the laser battles and Jaws falling in love!

6. The Draughtsman's Contract. Although I done a little research and it seems that Stephen Frears' Walter was the first film on Channel 4. The former was the first original feature produced for Channel 4. Again, I wouldn't have got it without your clue. You're too kind, sir.

Weirdly, I had it in my head that Channel Four showed it on their opening night, and it was subsequently (or even simultaneously) released in the cinema. Anyway, well done.
    Going by yer wan's clothes, I'll say Bond, which would make the actual film Moonraker (which I guess is much maligned). Total guess work though as I don't remember that film at all, apart from the laser battles and Jaws falling in love!

It is Moonraker. Some shrewd investigating there. Nasty Hugo Drax sets the dogs on her for helping Bond, a scene that jars with much of the rest of the film, although I do admit having a great deal of affection for Moonraker, probably 'cos it was the Bond film I saw the most as a kid. :o

Phew! Thanks everyone. More tomorrow... maybe. :D

Jaws falling in love!

worst-james-bond-movies-jaws-in-love.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

dDmPbrV.png

KtAa52s.png

i5XIMc4.png

gE2rVes.png

cUSaHf3.png

nfZGwlX.png