Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guess The Screenshot (Mobile Data Unfriendly)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

ThirdMan wrote: »
    The Great Mouse Detective.
    10. Lady Chatterley. Took me a bit of snooping around, but I got it.
    4. Goldmember.

That was great fun. I'll stop hogging it form now on. Give someone else a chance. :cool:

They're all correct, well done, especially on Basil The Great Mouse Detective.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Iron Maiden, Dua Lipa, Billie Eilish (x2), Oasis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭ThirdMan

Bump.
    1. perfect-blue-murder.jpg

3. the-bird-with-the-crystal-plumage.jpg?1339698263

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,317 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

for 1. I want to say Ghost in the Shell?

I remembered Basil the Great Mouse detective from having stickers of it as a kid, but someone beat me to it.

The second one (i.e., ThirdMan No. 3) - which didn't display for me when you originally posted it, for some bizarre reason - is The Bird with the Crystal Plumage.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I remembered Basil the Great Mouse detective from having stickers of it as a kid, but someone beat me to it.

Ah, it's only fair that an honorary point goes to you, in that case.

Not that we're even keeping score here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Awesome thread folks, found this last night when I couldn't sleep - though going through each and every page probably didn't help!

The second one (i.e., ThirdMan No. 3) - which didn't display for me when you originally posted it, for some bizarre reason - is The Bird with the Crystal Plumage.

Yes, correct. Well done! I originally posted a different image from the same film, but it disappeared for some reason, so I added a new one.

Incidentally, when I was quoting my own post I realised that the names of the films are visible in the links! A more ruthless person (me!) would take advantage of that kind of error, so I'll have to do something else in future. How do you do it? Are you uploading images directly from your computer?

Yeah. Some of mine may even have the titles embedded once I post them, but I'm not sure. I'm not technical enough to put them on a photo sharing site and retitle them prior to putting them here. I'm taking the line that "honesty is the best policy".

CastorTroy wrote: »
    for 1. I want to say Ghost in the Shell?

No, sorry.

A few hints: It's from the 90's. And it's not part of a franchise and it doesn't contain elements of science fiction or fantasy.

Yeah. Some of mine may even have the titles embedded once I post them, but I'm not sure. I'm not technical enough to put them on a photo sharing site and retitle them prior to putting them here. I'm taking the line that "honesty is the best policy".

Cool. That's what I'll go with so. Anyway there's no fun in cheating. The thrill is is 'the hunt'.

• Advertisement

My first one...go easy...
    21_02.jpg

1. perfect-blue-murder.jpg

2. julius-500px.jpg

3. thunderbolt_lightfoot.jpg

4 crazy.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

@ButtersSuki
    Betty Blue

My first one...go easy...

No idea. :confused:

tricky D wrote: »
    @ButtersSuki
    Betty Blue

Correct...ok, so there's another Betty Blue fan out there besides me! Was going to pick a random landscape scene but thought that would be unfair.

ThirdMan 3 is Thunderbolt and Lightfoot!

ThirdMan 3 is Thunderbolt and Lightfoot!

Correct, well spotted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

First one is Perfect Blue. One brilliant and incredibly disturbing anime!

e_e wrote: »
    First one is Perfect Blue. One brilliant and incredibly disturbing anime!

Excellent. Well done. Yeah, it's a classy piece of work alright!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

4. is C.R.A.Z.Y

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

@ThirdMan
    Suggest you don't put the film name in the filename/URL, we can see them all in the notification email.

4. is C.R.A.Z.Y

Yes, correct.

tricky D wrote: »
    @ThirdMan
    Suggest you don't put the film name in the filename/URL, we can see them all in the notification email.

Yeah, I was asking about that earlier. How does everyone else do it? Should I host the images on Flickr, or one of those sites?

vlcsnap-2010-09-26-13h20m31s76_zps010f7f02.png

pictures_zps73da638c.png

img21_zps9d487961.jpg

img22_zpsb754e457.jpg

8050709902_e6d52d673f_zpsba7405b6.jpg

244653_zps9306e18d.jpg

img23_zps5f0ff629.jpg

3. A kosher Eddie Murphy in Coming to America.

5. The Beguiled

• Advertisement

3. A kosher Eddie Murphy in Coming to America.

5. The Beguiled?

It is indeed a very kosher Eddie Murphy :D

The Beguiled is also correct. Well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭estariol

4. Butterfly effect!

estariol wrote: »
    4. Butterfly effect!

Correct!

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭SVG

pictures_zps73da638c.png

Prizzi's Honour

^^^

Prizzi's Honour is correct :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

Numero uno is the Ghost and the Darkness methinks.

Edit: Numero uno of Dark Crystal's stills, that is.

Darvich wrote: »
    Numero uno is the Ghost and the Darkness methinks.

You would think correctly! Well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

second time lucky :D

4647-19933.gif

2 162141_137995026269288_137994259602698_41330_1405_b.jpg

3 vlcsnap-5794007.png

4 TP.jpg
    user_online.gifreport.gif progress.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,462 ✭✭✭✭Zeek12

Yeah, I was asking about that earlier. How does everyone else do it? Should I host the images on Flickr, or one of those sites?

Yeah, if you host them on a photo sharing site like Flickr, that will sort it for you.
    Then you just need to copy and paste the code from that site over to boards.

2. The Blues Brothers ?
    second time lucky :D

4647-19933.gif

2 162141_137995026269288_137994259602698_41330_1405_b.jpg

3 vlcsnap-5794007.png

4 TP.jpg
    user_online.gifreport.gif progress.gif

4. The Pawnbroker ?

Zeek12 wrote: »
    Yeah, if you host them on a photo sharing site like Flickr, that will sort it for you.
    Then you just need to copy and paste the code from that site over to boards.

Great, thanks!

1. Is Bo Diddly in Trading Places

Purple Tin 4. Is is Angels with Dirty Faces or Public Enemy? (those are the only Cagney movies I know)

Yes blues brothers the pawnbroker and trading places are all right. One left.

• Advertisement

Yes well got third man it's the public enemy.

244653_zps9306e18d.jpg

img23_zps5f0ff629.jpg

Just these two left from my set - both 80's films.

Just these two left from my set - both 80's films.

The bottom one is An Officer and a Gentleman

1. 8642791889_0c8a10925b.jpg

The bottom one is An Officer and a Gentleman

Correct. :)

Correct. :)

I only recognised it because my housemate was watching it a few weeks back and I saw Keith David and for a second was curious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,732 ✭✭✭brian_t

1. 8642791889_0c8a10925b.jpg

The Third Man

(You're still giving clues away)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,161 ✭✭✭rednik

2. julius-500px.jpg

The assassination of Richard Nixon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭Ryaller

244653_zps9306e18d.jpg

Sixteen Candles!

• Advertisement