Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guess The Screenshot (Mobile Data Unfriendly)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

1.i004310.jpg

2.i023086.jpg

3.vlcsnap2010110818h13m57.6342.jpg

4.i319045.jpg

5.comdagg7.208.jpg

6.autrejolie7ag.2545.jpg

7.i093136.jpg

8.i344921.jpg

9.i058046.jpg

10.i039496.jpg

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Iron Maiden, Dua Lipa, Billie Eilish (x2), Oasis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

4. Mulholland Drive

6. Rocketeer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,732 ✭✭✭brian_t

6. Mulholland Falls

Barna77 wrote: »
    4. Mulholland Dr.
    brian_t wrote: »
    6. Mulholland Falls

Yes, it's a Mulholland double-bill. :D
    Well done, both.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Mizu_Ger

3. is Somebody Up There Likes Me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

Last one. A 1980s film based on a true story and starring a multiple Oscar-winner, the film was released under a different title in its home country as it was in the rest of the world. To reveal the home country would (probably) give the game away.

A Cry in the Dark?

Mizu_Ger wrote: »
    3. is Somebody Up There Likes Me?
    A Cry in the Dark?

Both correct. Well done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

Both correct. Well done.

It was the tiny coffin that made me think of it :(

*and your clue!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,899 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

5. Superman?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Mizu_Ger

Is 10. Kikujiro?

Looks like Takeshi Kitano with his back to the picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Norma_Desmond

5. The Amityville Horror?

Riskymove wrote: »
    5. Superman?

It is Margot Kidder, but it's a few years earlier than Superman.
    Mizu_Ger wrote: »
    Is 10. Kikujiro?

Looks like Takeshi Kitano with his back to the picture.

Very good guess, but no. It's three years later than Kikujiro.

It is Margot Kidder, but it's a few years earlier than Superman.

The Great waldo pepper

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Norma_Desmond

2. Le mépris

6. Dark City?

5. The Amityville Horror?

Very good guess, but no.
    The Great waldo pepper

Correct! Well done.
    2. Le mépris

6. Dark City?

It is Le Mepris. Well done.
    6 was already answered correctly as Mulholland Falls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭Blue850

1. Octopussy

Very well done.
    Those crazy kids wouldn't give 007 a lift, the fools...

7.i093136.jpg

8.i344921.jpg

9.i058046.jpg

10.i039496.jpg

7 is a 2004 film, and is seriously lowering the tone, although it is useful as a trivia question, as two of the cast of Mad Men appear in it. If you recognise the English actress in the photo, the setting will help you get it, since it's in the title.
    8 is a 1974 French film. The actor playing the title character, on the left, was killed in a car accident the year after the film was released.
    9 is a 1995 film, for which the lead actor, the man looking out the window, was nominated for an Oscar.
    10 is a rites-of-passage drama whose lead actress held a particular Oscar-related title... until this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,461 ✭✭✭✭Zeek12

9. Mr Holland's Opus

7. Based on your clue I'll guess Dirty Dancing: Havana Nights :)

Zeek12 wrote: »

just discovered this myself - FOR SHAME!! I was better off not knowing it existed

• Advertisement

8 is Lacombe, Lucien

9. Mr Holland's Opus

Correct.
    just discovered this myself - FOR SHAME!! I was better off not knowing it existed

It'll come in handy for that pub quiz question. :P

8 is Lacombe, Lucien

Correct. Well deduced.

It'll come in handy for that pub quiz question. :P

I'm actually going to one later this week....but I'll be amazed if we get any questions on this :D

so that leaves 10

Is your clue Meryl Streep? Nothing directly jumps to mind

any more hints?

It's nothing to do with Meryl. The film was released in 2002, and the actress in question held a particular record as an Oscar nominee, until she was "overtaken" by another nominee this year. Neither actress actually won the Oscar.

It's nothing to do with Meryl. The film was released in 2002, and the actress in question held a particular record as an Oscar nominee, until she was "overtaken" by another nominee this year. Neither actress actually won the Oscar.

whale rider

Yes, indeed. Keisha Castle-Hughes was the youngest Best Actress nominee, until Quvenzhané Wallis overtook her. Well deduced.

Yes, indeed. Keisha Castle-Hughes was the youngest Best Actress nominee, until Quvenzhané Wallis overtook her. Well deduced.

well...undertook her!!

the overtook had me looking at Jessica Tandy...but then I realised she had won the oscar

1.i012212.jpg

2.i125967.jpg

3.i106723.jpg

4.246886-COM_AA.jpg

5.i271300.jpg

6.i158151.jpg

7.tracteur28yo.9040.jpg

8.i219550.jpg

9.i496744.jpg

10.i581867.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭Ryaller

1.i012212.jpg

5.i271300.jpg

8.i219550.jpg

10.i581867.jpg

1. Strangers on a Train (again, I believe). Must be the high-waisted pants, but I didn't think that Robert Walker was this tall.
    5. Airport... I'll guess the 1970 one.
    8. Gleaming the Cube?
    10. Silver Linings Playbook.

I could make a guess at a few of the other ones, but that's all it would be.

4. Butterfield 8

6. Romancing the Stone?

Ryaller wrote: »
    1. Strangers on a Train (again, I believe).
    5. Airport... I'll guess the 1970 one.
    8. Gleaming the Cube?
    10. Silver Linings Playbook.

All correct. Well done. Yes, I thought there had been a previous image posted from Strangers on a Train. Mind you, that hasn't stopped me posting two other images from films that have definitely been up before: I assembled this batch in a hurry.
    4. Butterfield 8

6. Romancing the Stone?

Both correct. Well done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,161 ✭✭✭rednik

7.tracteur28yo.9040.jpg

Torn curtain

It is Torn Curtain. Well spotted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,732 ✭✭✭brian_t

3. Funny Face

Very well done. It is Funny Face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

2. To Die For

Correct. Well done.

• Advertisement

1247ADC8BC1B4505929156A1554939B3-0000362688-0003248794-00474L-F92070AE6A1C4F54883F4C2E62049AD8.png

4ADE28AD7A8F42689187F086ACAFA6F8-0000362688-0003248795-00631L-3675B37A094E4E859653FF57B156596B.png

5C38AADE188344AD963876FBD096AB9C-0000362688-0003248796-00640L-86A7748204B44637BA764538AA5B450B.png

73377118A1E849EBA1A97A5A8AABBB4F-0000362688-0003248799-00629L-B3BB2D50CB114D5EBE34AB41AA076206.png

C5F685AB215A46E9AFEB7A118ADBC44A-0000362688-0003248797-00640L-9CA91F79A13D48C69ACEA5BA2AFE155D.png

3995A74B464D45E9840612283E4DE48F-0000362688-0003248800-00580L-6F978C3243474382AAD46A4AA6DE3F24.png

1E570E7BDCB94ABE9052B50D735EBAED-0000362688-0003248798-00468L-E24D3BC225B6485CB74A50214FF18765.png

88B9A5C8C44F45A9B76911977DE4C674-0000362688-0003248792-00616L-5464E630377848119C676836962E6F58.png

6. Point blank?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

4 Kind Hearts and Coronets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

5 The Vikings

6. Point blank?

Nope, afraid not
    tricky D wrote: »
    4 Kind Hearts and Coronets. 5. The Vikings

Both correct! Well spotted

Nope, afraid not

6. The Killers?

• Advertisement

6. The Killers?

Nope

1. In a Lonely Place
    2. Sunset Boulevard
    7. The Killing of Sister George

Nope

hmmm

he has played so many "sinister man in a suit" films!!

hmmm

he has played so many "sinister man in a suit" films!!

Indeed. And he seemed to have a fondness for grey suits too....just to make it even trickier:)

Indeed. And he seemed to have a fondness for grey suits too....just to make it even trickier:)

Eureka

Prime Cut

• Advertisement
Advertisement