Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guess The Screenshot (Mobile Data Unfriendly)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

1.i468889.jpg

2.i189618.jpg

3.i051993.jpg

4.i332505.jpg

5.i128633.jpg

6.i136337.jpg

7.skyltoq4.9320.jpg

8.i514082.jpg

9.i093784.jpg

10.combcjo0.6686.jpg

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Iron Maiden, Dua Lipa, Billie Eilish (x2), Oasis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

1 Peeping Tom
    2 Bridge Over the River Kwai
    6 Blue Murder at St Trinians

All correct. Well done. Particularly for Blue Murder at St. Trinian's. :)

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

4. The Man With The Golden Arm?
    8. Bigger than life

Thought hat wasn't so hard: uniforms + location -> film.

7 haha, lol. Clue Answer is in the question.

These are what's left...
    3.i051993.jpg

4.i332505.jpg

5.i128633.jpg

9.i093784.jpg

10.combcjo0.6686.jpg
    4. The Man With The Golden Arm?
    8. Bigger Than Life

It is Bigger Than Life, so well done on that.
    The Sinatra one is two years later, and considerably lighter in tone.
    tricky D wrote: »
    7 haha, lol. Clue Answer is in the question.

Yes indeed. I couldn't resist. It is Bus Stop. :D

tricky D wrote: »
    Thought that wasn't so hard: uniforms + location -> film.

Sure, but if you don't connect the schoolgirls to St. Trinian's, I think the picture on its own looks like could be from some Italian neo-realist film.

Or maybe that's just me... :rolleyes:

4. From Here to Eternity

4. From Here to Eternity

No. It's from a musical, if that helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,732 ✭✭✭brian_t

9. The 39 Steps

• Advertisement

4. The Joker is Wild. I had gone 2 years earlier DOH!

9. Stitch in Time?

3. They Shoot Horses Dont They ? (wild wild guess)

No. It's from a musical, if that helps.

4. Pal Joey

10. L'Avventura

brian_t wrote: »
    9. The 39 Steps

Yes, the 1959 Kenneth More version. Well done.
    4. The Joker is Wild. I had gone 2 years earlier DOH!

9. Stitch in Time?

Neither, I'm afraid. 9 is The 39 Steps: See below for confirmation of number 4.
    3. They Shoot Horses Dont They ? (wild wild guess)

No. It's eleven years earlier than that. And it's a French film.
    brian_t wrote: »
    4. Pal Joey

10. L'Avventura

Both correct! Well done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

5. Looks like Brigitte Bardot, so I'll take a wild guess at ...And God Created Woman.

Spot on. Well done.

i051993.jpg

Last one: a classic French film with a famous score by an American jazz musician.

1.45624099.2906.jpg

2.i031019.jpg

3.i337493.jpg

4.saab010129jd1.4229.jpg

5.i182599.jpg

6.i350184.jpg

7.i225666.jpg

8.i105327.jpg

9.renaultdauphine12yi.7420.jpg

10.pdvd496.201.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

5. 21 Hours at Munich

3. 16 Blocks?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Mizu_Ger

10. 48 hours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Mizu_Ger

4. 2 Days in Paris?

Barna77 wrote: »
    5. 21 Hours at Munich

3. 16 Blocks?

Both correct. Well done, especially for 21 Hours at Munich, which is a TV movie, and hence not as well known, though the Furstenfeldbruck airport is the obvious clue.
    Mizu_Ger wrote: »
    10. 48 hours
    Mizu_Ger wrote: »
    4. 2 Days in Paris?

Both correct. Well done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

6. is 24 Hour Party People
    8. is 9 Songs

Two random semi-educated guesses:

1. 127 Hours
    9. is 8 Women....I think. I have seen it but don't quite remember this scene. Now if you had shown me a pic of Ms. Beart I would have broken the world record for guessing one of these!

6. is 24 Hour Party People
    8. is 9 Songs
    Two random semi-educated guesses:

1. 127 Hours
    9. is 8 Women....I think. I have seen it but don't quite remember this scene. Now if you had shown me a pic of Ms. Beart I would have broken the world record for guessing one of these!

All correct. :)

Though I have posted hundreds of photos to this thread, rules and regulations have always excluded me from using any screenshot from La Belle Noiseuse... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

All correct. :)

Though I have posted hundreds of photos to this thread, rules and regulations have always excluded me from using any screenshot from La Belle Noiseuse... :rolleyes:

I understand, I have watched all 229mins of it a few times for the acting and dialogue.......:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Flying Abruptly

7. Is it Three men and a little lady? :o

Yes it is! Well spotted!

Don't think it's been named.

2. 102 Dalmatians

Yes, and that's the last one. Well done.

• Advertisement

401832_493971550672442_1028566803_n.jpg

296212_493971547339109_392375403_n.jpg

6304_493971567339107_1972722268_n.jpg

382605_493971577339106_464367893_n.jpg

971177_493971597339104_1742772151_n.jpg

970368_493971624005768_1972369011_n.jpg

312289_493971647339099_57015179_n.jpg

3. Evil Under the Sun
    4. They Shoot Horses Don't They?

Is 1 Joanna Lumley in On Her Majesty's Secret Service? I'm staring at that pic and know I've seen it somewhere before.....I think in some Bond extras thing or a Bond book or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,161 ✭✭✭rednik

7. The smallest show on Earth.

6. Tom Jones

1. On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    3. Evil Under The Sun
    4. They Shoot Horses Dont They?
    6.Tom Jones
    7. Smallest Show On Earth

Just two of them left.

2 is Othello.

Othello is correct. Now just number 5 to go.

Othello is correct. Now just number 5 to go.

5. Shakespeare-Wallah.

Well done.

• Advertisement

Today's batch -

425360_495186520550945_1543100119_n.jpg
    575382_495186517217612_378051216_n.jpg
    581331_495186537217610_1748658143_n.jpg
    227411_495186550550942_1133403624_n.jpg
    970108_495186563884274_328366000_n.jpg
    1194_495186580550939_2120822349_n.jpg
    408174_495186597217604_642382875_n.jpg
    969995_495186593884271_1840852566_n.jpg
    263265_495186617217602_632328371_n.jpg
    390885_495186660550931_365487742_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭SVG

Today's batch -

581331_495186537217610_1748658143_n.jpg

970108_495186563884274_328366000_n.jpg
    1194_495186580550939_2120822349_n.jpg
    408174_495186597217604_642382875_n.jpg
    969995_495186593884271_1840852566_n.jpg
    263265_495186617217602_632328371_n.jpg
    390885_495186660550931_365487742_n.jpg

3. Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy
    5. No Country for Old Men
    6. Fargo
    7. Lost in Translation
    8. Breathless
    9. Sunset Boulevard
    10. Let the Right One In

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Kettle316

4. The Day the Earth Stood Still??

Jumping jehosaphats that was pretty quick.

3. Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy
    5. No Country for Old Men
    6. Fargo
    7. Lost in Translation
    8. Breathless
    9. Sunset Boulevard
    10. Let the Right One In

Correct.

Kettle316 wrote: »
    4. The Day the Earth Stood Still??

Indeed it is.

2. Quadrophenia - A young Timothy Spall

Quadropehenia is correct so there is only number 1 left now.

Crusoe

Well done, Crusoe is correct and thats the lot done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,461 ✭✭✭✭Zeek12

Capture3_zps9632c07f.png

Capture_zps504cf11d.png

Capture11_zpse59132fd.png

Capture15_zps84caf5e8.png

Capture2_zps09c3222b.png

Capture8_zpsd8f0dc84.png

Capture7_zps6116cf3b.png

pic4_zps9cdbe6ea.png

Capture9_zps73d5a83b.png

Capture12_zpsbcd62118.png