Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guess The Screenshot (Mobile Data Unfriendly)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Bonus point for identifying the link between these eight...

1.i022978.jpg

2.i159091.jpg

3.i288918.jpg

4.i306996.jpg

5.i169647.jpg

6.i194843.jpg

7.i178373.jpg

8.i227529.jpg

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Iron Maiden, Dua Lipa, Billie Eilish (x2), Oasis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Tomohawk

#6. The Spy Who Loved Me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,732 ✭✭✭brian_t

2. The Way We Were

8. Three Men and a Baby

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭nucker

Bonus point for identifying the link between these eight...

1.i022978.jpg

2.i159091.jpg

3.i288918.jpg

4.i306996.jpg

5.i169647.jpg

6.i194843.jpg

7.i178373.jpg

8.i227529.jpg

I know the link between them, they all have cars in them

Tomohawk wrote: »
    #6. The Spy Who Loved Me
    brian_t wrote: »
    2. The Way We Were

8. Three Men and a Baby

Looking through Wikipedia entries for the above - I'm going to guess the connection is music by Marvin Hamlisch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 901 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover_53

5. How to lose a guy in 10 days

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭SVG

3. The Informant!

Tomohawk wrote: »
    #6. The Spy Who Loved Me
    2. The Way We Were

8. Three Men and a Baby
    Looking through Wikipedia entries for the above - I'm going to guess the connection is music by Marvin Hamlisch.
    5. How to lose a guy in 10 days
    SVG wrote: »
    3. The Informant!

All correct, and the link is indeed Marvin Hamlisch, whose birthday it was yesterday.
    Well done to all.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

nucker wrote: »
    I know the link between them, they all have cars in them

Bonus point for spotting another link, other than the intended one. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Is #7 Fletch?

1.i022978.jpg

4.i306996.jpg

7.i178373.jpg

Clues:
    4 and 7. Given that the link is Marvin Hamlisch, check what Jack Lemmon and Chevy Chase movies had scores by him. I think there's only one apiece.
    1. Note that there's a kid with red hair and glasses, two defining characteristics of a well-known writer/director and actor.

Another birthday...

1.i106525.jpg

2.comcj.2157.jpg

3.i066452.jpg

4.i020468.jpg

5.i203850.jpg

6.i182603.jpg

7.i139543.jpg

8.i210350.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

#1 is the defiant ones
    #4 the great race

#1 is the defiant ones
    #4 the great race

Both correct. Well done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭Ryaller

1.i022978.jpg

Take the Money and Run.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

7. Rosemary's baby

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 989 ✭✭✭Raoul Duke

8. Sweet Smell of Success?

Edit: and the link is obviously Tony Curtis, who should be 88 today.

Ryaller wrote: »
    Take the Money and Run.
    Barna77 wrote: »
    7. Rosemary's baby
    Raoul Duke wrote: »
    8. Sweet Smell of Success?

Edit: and the link is obviously Tony Curtis, who should be 88 today.

All correct. Well done to all.

6. The Boston Strangler

6. The Boston Strangler

Correct. Well done.

• Advertisement

Another birthday...

2.comcj.2157.jpg

The beautiful Kim Novak holding her own in The Mirror Crack'd

VERY well done! :)

3.i066452.jpg

5.i203850.jpg

3 is a World War II comedy.
    5 has a clue in the photo, in that it's reflected in the title.

Happy birthday, Angelina. :)

Some of these are dead easy, but what the hell...

1.i223244.jpg

2.i253402.jpg

3.i095313.jpg

4.i198178.jpg

5.i009043.jpg

6.snapshot200512031105105fg9ko.6337.jpg

7.i509247.jpg

8.i258542.jpg

9.i001741.jpg

10.i099638.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,461 ✭✭✭✭Zeek12

1. Changeling
    2. The Bone collector
    5. Sky Captain and world of tomorrow
    6. Tomb Raider: The cradle of life
    9. A Mighty Heart?
    10. Hackers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,899 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

1. The Changeling?

2. The Bone Collector

7. wanted?

3. The Good Shepard

Zeek12 wrote: »
    1. Changeling
    2. The Bone collector
    5. Sky Captain and world of tomorrow
    6. Tomb Raider: The cradle of life
    9. A Mighty Heart?
    10. Hackers?

All correct except 9.
    Riskymove wrote: »
    1. The Changeling?

2. The Bone Collector

It's a tie for those two.
    7. wanted?
    3. The Good Shepard

Both correct.

Well done to all.

Three left.
    7.i509247.jpg

8.i258542.jpg

9.i001741.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Kettle316

7. Mr and Mrs Smith??

Three left.

is 7 not Wanted?

is 9 the first Tomb raider film?

No actually 9 is Beyond Borders

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭SVG

8. Salt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

Total guess based on the trailer, but is 8. Salt?

Edit: :pac:

Kettle316 wrote: »
    7. Mr and Mrs Smith??

Yes.
    is 7 not Wanted?

Sorry, that's my mistake with so many answers coming in.
    7 is Mr. and Mrs. Smith.
    is 9 the first Tomb raider film?
    No actually 9 is Beyond Borders

Yes. Clive Owen being the clue.
    SVG wrote: »
    8. Salt
    8. Salt
    Total guess based on the trailer, but is 8. Salt?

Edit: :pac:

All correct with Salt.

One left.

i198178.jpg

Yes.

Sorry, that's my mistake with so many answers coming in.
    7 is Mr. and Mrs. Smith.

Yes. Clive Owen being the clue.

All correct with Salt.

One left.

i198178.jpg

Wanted

Yes. :rolleyes:
    That's the lot.
    Well done everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

970177_497493456986918_65965126_n.jpg

852_497493443653586_921986227_n.jpg

943718_497493453653585_1228239563_n.jpg

576754_497493473653583_1555720621_n.jpg

601270_497493493653581_1395918550_n.jpg

943789_497493506986913_1318061269_n.jpg

7195_497493503653580_471263942_n.jpg

6861_497493536986910_1925476274_n.jpg

602368_497493530320244_581700722_n.jpg

992928_497493563653574_863748291_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

7. Twister

10. Terms Of Endearment

7. Twister
    10. Terms of Endearment

Correct!

1. The Other Guys
    2. xXx
    4. The Dark Knight
    5. Fear is the Key
    6. Family Plot
    8. Tin Cup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

9. Planes, Trains and Automobiles

1. The Other Guys
    2. xXx
    5. Fear Is The Key
    6. Family Plot
    7. Twister
    8. Tin Cup
    9. Planes Trains & Automobiles
    10. Terms of Endearment

Correct again! but 4 is not The Dark Knight

• Advertisement

4 is Batman Begins then.

1. The Other Guys
    2. xXx
    4. Batman Begins
    5. Fear Is The Key
    6. Family Plot
    7. Twister
    8. Tin Cup
    10. Terms of Endearment

Correct - only number 3 left so.

Is it The Car?

1. The Other Guys
    2. xXx
    3. The Car
    4. Batman Begins
    5. Fear Is The Key
    6. Family Plot
    7. Twister
    8. Tin Cup
    10. Terms of Endearment