Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guess The Screenshot (Mobile Data Unfriendly)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭nucker

1. Pretty Woman
    7. The Crying Game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

nucker wrote: »
    1. Pretty Woman
    7. The Crying Game

Both correct, well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

5. Stand By Me?

4. Jumpin Jack Flash

5. Stand By Me?

Yep! Well guessed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

5. Stand by Me

9. Sea of Love

4. Jumpin Jack Flash

Correct again :)

3. Sweet Home Alabama

5. Stand by Me

9. Sea of Love

9. Is Sea of Love, well done.

Stand By Me has already been guessed correctly ;)

3. Sweet Home Alabama

Yes it is, well done.

• Advertisement

031_zps88dccf43.jpg

035_zpsc8f263b6.jpg

037_zpsc8828f5d.jpg

039_zpsc165f0d5.png

Just these left to guess now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,161 ✭✭✭rednik

10. Starman

rednik wrote: »
    10. Starman

Correct, well done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

10 Starman

ed: a mo too late

6. Whats New Pussycat

6 What's New Pussycat?

6. Whats New Pussycat

Yes, well done!

tricky D wrote: »
    10 Starman

ed: a mo too late
    tricky D wrote: »
    6 What's New Pussycat?

tricky D you need to start typing faster! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

2. Blue Velvet
    8. Jeepers Creepers

• Advertisement

8. Jeepers Creepers

ooooh so close! lol

If I hadn't edited the previous post to say too late, I probably would have just got in first.:)

D-FENS wrote: »
    2. Blue Velvet
    8. Jeepers Creepers

D-Fens finishes off the round. Well done all.

Anyone want to make a stab at the link? (It's not too difficult, this one)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

They're all song titles.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Iron Maiden, Dua Lipa, Billie Eilish (x2), Oasis

They're all song titles.

Indeed they are. Nice shiny new virtual bonus point for you :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,461 ✭✭✭✭Zeek12

Still one left from this "regal set" from last week. Its an American crime film from the 80s directed by a multi Oscar nominee.
    Zeek12 wrote: »
    Capture12_zpsbcd62118.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,732 ✭✭✭brian_t

Zeek12 wrote: »
    Still one left from this "regal set" from last week. Its an American crime film from the 80s directed by a multi Oscar nominee.

Prince of the City

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,461 ✭✭✭✭Zeek12

That's it. Well spotted

1. 972084_497512353651695_126157459_n.jpg
    2. 419082_497512360318361_736816327_n.jpg
    3. 7500_497512386985025_1162860750_n.jpg
    4. 969165_497512396985024_379345165_n.jpg
    5. 395317_497512423651688_538856288_n.jpg
    6. 946833_497512440318353_1615723892_n.jpg
    7. 426727_497512433651687_1302445023_n.jpg
    8. 383453_497512476985016_1140156197_n.jpg
    9. 970866_497512496985014_704921202_n.jpg
    10. 931329_497512503651680_2128889964_n.jpg
    11. 401923_497512500318347_1048663325_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,732 ✭✭✭brian_t

10. Frozen Land

10. Frozen Land Correct!

• Advertisement

8. Le temps qui reste

3. Tell No One
    4. La Reine Margot
    5. The Lives of Others
    6. Lovers of the Arctic Circle
    9. Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown
    11. Y Tu Mama Tambien

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

I know there's three left from the last batch, but I'm putting these up now.
    Hope it doesn't cause too much confusion.

1.bni41.45.jpg

2.i262451.jpg

3.i530558.jpg

4.i102930.jpg

5.i038489.jpg

6.i496905.jpg

7.i057610.jpg

8.i171893.jpg

9.000126qf0.7573.jpg

10.i075391.jpg

11.i156970.jpg

12.i382795.jpg

... and there is a link between them all. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,899 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

1. Cocoon - the second one? The return?

4. Always

7. Tucker - The man and his dream

9. Back to the Future

9. Back to the Future II

6. Warhorse

10. a stretch here...E.T.?

9. Back to the Future II

I couldn't decide

but think it is the end of the first one setting up the second

2. Persopilis

Riskymove wrote: »
    1. Cocoon - the second one? The return?

4. Always

7. Tucker - The man and his dream

9. Back to the Future

Of these, I'm afraid only Always is correct.
    It's not a Cocoon film, but you're on the right track with the actor.
    9. Back to the Future II

Yes. Well done.
    Elizabeth Shue being the giveaway that it's not the first one.

ok

1. Batteries not included

• Advertisement

6. Warhorse

10. a stretch here...E.T.?

Warhorse is right. Well done.
    It's not ET, but it is the same year, and perhaps some sort of pattern is emerging with the other answers that may point you in the right direction...
    2. Persopilis

Yes. Well done.

ok

1. Batteries not included

Yes, or if we were having a pedantic film title quiz - which we're not - *batteries not included.
    Well deduced.

3. Tell No One
    4. La Reine Margot
    5. The Lives of Others
    6. Lovers of the Artic Circle
    8. Time To Leave / La Temps Qui Reste
    9. Women on the Edge of a Nervous Breakdown
    10. Frozen Land
    11. Y Tu Mama Tambien

As another batch has gone up - seems to happen a lot when I go to the effort of putting a set together - I'll now give clues to try and get rid of them. Had not realised this was a closed shop but it seems to be so looks like I'll drop out and stop posting as it's interfering with your little clique.

1. sleepless but not in Seattle

2. jam town

7. main star was in Diving Bell & Butterfly.

Adios!

Yes, or if we were having a pedantic film title quiz - which we're not - *batteries not included.
    Well deduced.

ok well I am leaning towards Kathleen Kennedy producing all these

so will guess:

7. Seabiscuit
    8 The color purple
    10 Poltergeist

As another batch has gone up - seems to happen a lot when I go to the effort of putting a set together - I'll now give clues to try and get rid of them. Had not realised this was a closed shop but it seems to be so looks like I'll drop out and stop posting as it's interfering with your little clique.

sorry you feel that way...for me at least I cannot see any of the pictures you post. This is also the case with some others

Delbertgradys is the only one I can consistently see i think

1. sleepless but not in Seattle

2. jam town

7. main star was in Diving Bell & Butterfly.

Adios!

1. Insomnia
    2. Jar City

There was certainly no offence meant, and I even put up a comment to acknowledge the fact that there were still a few remaining from your set and I hoped there would be no confusion.
    I stalled on putting up my set until your batch had been reduced considerably, which it was. We've often had new sets go up when there are a couple left unanswered from previous batches. Nobody's ever been put out about it before. I've several pictures that remain unanswered from previous posts, but they usually run their course, so people naturally put up new ones to keep the thread fresh.
    There's certainly no clique involved, and it's regrettable that you would think that.

ok well I am leaning towards Kathleen Kennedy producing all these

so will guess:

7. Seabiscuit
    8 The color purple
    10 Poltergeist

Excellent deduction. It's her birthday today, and she was involved - in some capacity - with every film represented here.
    All three of your answers are correct. Well done.

Well if you film boardsies couldnt see my pictures wouldnt it have been polite to at least tell me that and I wouldnt have bothered putting any more up.

I can understand a new set going up if someone has left theirs for a day or so without updating but I have always updated mine pretty quick as in fairness do most of you.

I accept it's not done with malice and am probably only really a bit upset due to the time and effort it takes to produce a set. Just feels like I shouldnt have bothered when another set goes up. From what I've seen most sets are pretty much finished off or clues have been given and not responded to before a new one goes up.

Dummy back in, please carry on.

Insomnia and Jar City are correct btw.

Excellent deduction. It's her birthday today, and she was involved - in some capacity - with every film represented here.
    All three of your answers are correct. Well done.

12. Hereafter

• Advertisement

Yes indeedy. Well done.

Advertisement