Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guess The Screenshot (Mobile Data Unfriendly)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Kettle316 wrote: »
    9. Children of Men??

It's not Children of Men, but I can see why you'd think that, given the actor and the tone of the image.
    Mizu_Ger wrote: »
    4. Donnie Brasco
    11. Eat Pray Love? (guessing!)

Donnie Brasco is right. Well done.
    Eat Pray Love is a superb guess, but not correct.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Iron Maiden, Dua Lipa, Billie Eilish (x2), Oasis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Mizu_Ger

It's not Children of Men, but I can see why you'd think that, given the actor and the tone of the image.

Donnie Brasco is right. Well done.
    Eat Pray Love is a superb guess, but not correct.

Is 11. Duplicity? (still guessing, it definitely looks like Julia Roberts!)

Very well deduced.
    It is indeed Julia Roberts in Duplicity. :)

PS, despite him being in 9 and 11, Clive Owen isn't a link... :D

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Is 10. American Splendour?

Yes it is. Well spotted.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

5. There's Something About Mary? guessing as it looks like Ben Stiller's mad hair in it :-)

No. It's an Oscar-winning film from six years later.

This is a mad guess......is 6. Rock of Ages?

The OH watched it on a plane to the US sitting beside me last year. I SWEAR I DIDN'T WATCH IT (honestly!), but there's something drawing me to that.

It IS Rock of Ages. [shudder]
    Maybe the album sleeves on the posters pointed you in that direction.
    Well done.

• Advertisement

It IS Rock of Ages. [shudder]
    Maybe the album sleeves on the posters pointed you in that direction.
    Well done.

I don't know whether to be chuffed I got this or embarrassed! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

Dammit, I thought it was Rock of Ages but going on the callibre of films usually posted I thought "No one would pick that piece of poop". Ah well. :pac:

It's a correct answer: nothing to be embarrassed about. :D

NothingMan wrote: »
    Dammit, I thought it was Rock of Ages but going on the callibre of films usually posted I thought "No one would pick that piece of poop". Ah well. :pac:

Normally not... but there is a reason it's there. :rolleyes:

Brought forward to save scrolling back a page.
    Five gone, seven left.
    1.i413349.jpg

3.i230994.jpg

5.i068474.jpg

7.e350.3153.jpg

8.i190316.jpg

9.s010855qg8.5988.jpg

12.i448329.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,899 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

5. sideways

• Advertisement

3. Beautiful Girls?

well ok then I have the link

is 9. Shoot em up?

Riskymove wrote: »
    5. sideways
    3. Beautiful Girls?
    well ok then I have the link

is 9. Shoot em up?

5. Sideways is correct.
    9. Shoot 'Em Up is correct.

Beautiful Girls is wrong, but it is Michael Rapaport, so do the old cross-checking to see what it is. :)

Beautiful Girls is wrong, but it is Michael Rapaport, so do the old cross-checking to see what it is. :)

yeah I guessed that before I copped the link

is it Mighty Aphrodite?

Very well done. He's not in it much, but I had to throw in one or two where he's not in a central role, to balance out with some of the others.

• Advertisement

12. Win Win?

Correct! The clue's in the photo, kind of. Well done. :)

But what of the others? And has anyone else spotted the link that we're so shrewdly keeping to ourselves?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

I think No.1 is Barney's Version?

Correct! The clue's in the photo, kind of. Well done. :)

But what of the others? And has anyone else spotted the link that we're so shrewdly keeping to ourselves?

I knew I had seen that recently, but couldn't place it.

Is the link Paul Giamatti so?

Re: D-FENS

It is Barney's Version. Well done.

I knew I had seen that recently, but couldn't place it. Is the link Paul Giamatti so?

Yes. It's his birthday today, and he's in all these films.
    I think there are now two left.

well I am certainly struggling now, even with the link...mostly because the link has been in a lot of films

is 8 My Best friend's wedding?

No. The photo is regrettably a bit small, but the people in the picture have above-the-title billing in the film in question, which is from the early noughties. The man in the photo is an actor/writer/director (but not of this film), and the woman won an Oscar a couple of years later. The film also stars a two-time Oscar winner (and bona fide legend).

8. The Core

8. The Core

It's not The Core, I'm afraid, but it is from 2003 and some of my clues could certainly apply to other people in that film, namely Hilary Swank (who won an Oscar for Million Dollar Baby in 2005) and the brilliant (though Oscarless) Richard Jenkins, but they're not in this.

• Advertisement

8. Runaway Jury?

Argh! You're very close, 'cos it is Rachel Weisz and the same "bona fide legend" is in it as well, but - crucially - our link Paul Giamatti isn't.

forgot all about him!

Confidence

It is Confidence.
    Ed Burns + Rachel Weisz + Dustin Hoffman + Paul Giamatti.
    Well deduced. :)

Finally! :D

Good pic as it's hard to tell it's Ed Burns and I was convinced it was Julianne Moore for ages.

Is 8. Confidence? I haven't seen it for ages

Ed Burns, Rachel Weisz and Dusitn Hoffman (The Legend?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Crumbs

Is 7 The Ides of March?

Is 8. Confidence? I haven't seen it for ages

Ed Burns, Rachel Weisz and Dusitn Hoffman (The Legend?)

You were obviously off verifying this while the previous posts appeared.
    It's not the first time that's happened. You still get a point for effort. :)

Crumbs wrote: »
    Is 7 The Ides of March?

It certainly is. Very well done. I had other shots, but key cast members, campaign buses and posters kind of gave the game away. :p
    And that's the lot.
    Happy Birthday, Mr. Giamatti.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

It certainly is. Very well done. I had other shots, but key cast members, campaign buses and posters kind of gave the game away. :p
    And that's the lot.
    Happy Birthday, Mr. Giamatti.

Who's the girl in the pic, Delbert? I thought maybe Evan Rachel Wood but she looks younger (But just as nice :))

She's the intern at the end of the film. I'm not sure if she even has a character name - I've not seen the film since it was out. I can't find anything on the imdb to suggest who she is. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,461 ✭✭✭✭Zeek12

Shiny Gold star to whoever spots the theme!

Capture2_zpsb51c21d0.png

Capture5_zps2f2742ed.png

Capture8_zps233e880f.png

Capture9_zps4ff023a7.png

Capture15_zps5387e861.png

Capture6_zps40b8f8da.png

pic3_zpsa0c8cd3f.jpg

Capture12_zpsd36ca8fe.png

Capture1_zps9700ddf9.png

Capture4_zpsdf5ad88d.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭Theta

Zeek12 wrote: »

Capture2_zpsb51c21d0.png

Capture6_zps40b8f8da.png
    Is 1 - Doubt?
    Is 6 - The Kite Runner?

10. A Man For All Seasons

Film adaptations of stage plays.
    3. The Crucible
    4. Desperate Hours (
    I'd to check this was based on a play
    )
    5. Sleuth
    7. The Subject Was Roses (It's Grandpa Joe!)
    9. Long Day's Journey Into Night (Jason Robards being the clue)

I'm trying to figure out the rest!

• Advertisement

Theta wrote: »
    Is 1 - Doubt?
    Is 6 - The Kite Runner?

1. Correct, well done.
    6. No....but good try:pac:
    10. A Man For All Seasons

Correct, well done.

Film adaptations of stage plays.
    3. The Crucible
    4. Desperate Hours (
    I'd to check this was based on a play
    )
    5. Sleuth
    7. The Subject Was Roses (It's Grandpa Joe!)
    9. Long Day's Journey Into Night (Jason Robards being the clue)

I'm trying to figure out the rest!

Zoom! All correct! Good work.

I think I made this lot too easy:)

I actually thought No. 2 might be Dangerous Minds, but that's based on a book. And it looks much earlier.

I actually thought No. 2 might be Dangerous Minds, but that's based on a book. And it looks much earlier.

Yeah, it's an older movie alright, from the 80s.

Just three left.
    Zeek12 wrote: »

Capture5_zps2f2742ed.png

Capture6_zps40b8f8da.png

Capture12_zpsd36ca8fe.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

is 8 Full Metal Jacket? Think it looks like the bathroom of the famous scene.

• Advertisement
Advertisement