Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guess The Screenshot (Mobile Data Unfriendly)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Zeek12 wrote: »
    Just added a guess for #9 too

Duly acknowledged. Well done.
    Mizu_Ger wrote: »
    1. The Full Monty
    8. Gattaca

Both correct. Well done.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Iron Maiden, Dua Lipa, Billie Eilish (x2), Oasis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Mizu_Ger

10. Jurassic Park 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

Is 1 The Full monty? Looks like Robert Carlisle and Mark Addy.

Nevermind.

2 guesses:

3. Battlefield L.A.
    5. The Last Emperor

10. Jurassic Park 2
    NothingMan wrote: »
    Is 1 The Full monty? Looks like Robert Carlisle and Mark Addy.

Nevermind.

Both correct. Well done.

(Not to worry about the late submission: it happens all the time)

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2 guesses:

3. Battlefield L.A.
    5. The Last Emperor

Neither, I'm afraid.
    A pattern may be emerging.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,461 ✭✭✭✭Zeek12

Neither, I'm afraid.
    A pattern may be emerging.

All released in 1997?

All released in 1997?

Yes, but with a further, award-related link.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Flying Abruptly

3. Con Air

• Advertisement

4. L.A. Confidential

3. Con Air

Correct. Well done.

4. L.A. Confidential

Correct. Well done.

As I say, the link is award-related, but takes some cross-referencing.

Two left.
    5.i222303.jpg

7.i572507.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,732 ✭✭✭brian_t

Two left.

7. Contact

Is 5. Kundun ?

• Advertisement

Contact and Kundun are correct.
    Very well done.

All someone has to do now is decipher the link. As I said, I assembled this very quickly, so I won't be held responsible for the ridiculousness of the common thread.

The link is connected to the Oscars for the year they were released.

Contact and Kundun are correct.
    Very well done.

All someone has to do now is decipher the link. As I said, I assembled this very quickly, so I won't be held responsible for the ridiculousness of the common thread.

The link is connected to the Oscars for the year they were released.

All released in 97 and all were Oscar nominated?
    A bit of a vague answer I know, but I can't really spot anything more specific!

Some of them won Oscars (LA Confidential, As Good As It Gets, etc.), but it's to do with them not winning certain categories, and the less obvious Oscar nominees like Con Air, The Lost World and Face/Off provide some guidance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,899 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Oscars related to Art & Sound?

While we're continuing to scratch our heads on that last riddle!....here's another set. The link for this one is pretty easy.

Capture1_zpsb03589f8.png

Capture5_zpsa72707d4.png

Capture2_zpsc86682e4.png

Capture_zpsd15ed699.png

Capture7_zps7da06dd7.png

Capture6_zps1e8d8243.png

Capture12_zpsc6f77c91.png

• Advertisement

No. It's ridiculously obscure, in many ways.
    I'll happily divulge it, just to get rid of it! :P

Zeek12
    3 is Dances with Wolves.
    6 is the magnificent Midnight Cowboy.

Both of them won Best Adapted Screenplay Oscars, though with only those two identified, I can't be sure that's the link you're looking for.

No. It's ridiculously obscure, in many ways.
    I'll happily divulge it, just to get rid of it! :P

Not complaining at all, there needs to be a challenge. Although I think I've made this one too easy :)

Zeek12
    3 is Dances with Wolves.
    6 is the magnificent Midnight Cowboy.

Both of them won Best Adapted Screenplay Oscars, though with only those two identified, I can't be sure that's the link you're looking for.

Both correct, well done.
    You're on the right track for the link, but that's not quite the answer I'm looking for

Is it that they won Best Picture and Best Director Academy Awards, without winning any acting awards?
    I think 5 may be Gigi, which that also applies to.

Is it that they won Best Picture and Best Director Academy Awards, without winning any acting awards?
    I think 5 may be Gigi, which that also applies to.

You're correct on #5. Well spotted.

Not correct with the link though. There are Oscar winning acting performances in this set.

Your first guess at the link was actually closer!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

#2 the poseiden adventure?

#2 the poseiden adventure?

Good guess, but No.
    It's a more recent film, from the following decade

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,899 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Your first guess at the link was actually closer!

is it a music link again?

Riskymove wrote: »
    is it a music link again?

Nope, nothing to do with that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

1 Bridge over the River Kwai - Kill him, kill him, scene.

tricky D: Correct, well done.

Three of these left. Here's a few clues:

#2 80s film. Winner of several Oscars
    #4 A well known 1940s film from a very highly regarded Director
    #7 Director of this movie is better known for his acting career
    While we're continuing to scratch our heads on that last riddle!....here's another set. The link for this one is pretty easy.

Capture5_zpsa72707d4.png

Capture_zpsd15ed699.png

Capture12_zpsc6f77c91.png

Is 7 Ordinary People?
    That was my first instinct when I saw it, but I wasn't sure.
    I'm now almost positive it's that.

Is 7 Ordinary People?
    That was my first instinct when I saw it, but I wasn't sure.
    I'm now almost positive it's that.

It sure is.....that's Mr. Sutherland hiding behind the camera! Well done.

2 is Out of Africa.

2 is Out of Africa.

Correct

No connection between these (afaik anyway!)

vlcsnap-2013-06-10-22h27m02s86_zps670c512c.jpg

vlcsnap-2013-06-10-22h30m19s44_zps047b0444.jpg

vlcsnap-2013-06-10-22h31m42s64_zps8d70f13a.jpg

vlcsnap-2013-06-10-20h39m26s63_zps793f7272.jpg

vlcsnap-2013-06-10-22h18m11s172_zpsc3dc8cc6.jpg

vlcsnap-2013-06-10-22h22m45s85_zpsda6de5f7.jpg

vlcsnap-2013-06-10-22h25m28s186_zps9a65362d.jpg

vlcsnap-2013-06-10-20h35m32s221_zpsbbebff35.jpg

vlcsnap-2013-06-10-20h37m41s31_zpsdf9fe1d5.jpg

vlcsnap-2013-06-10-20h38m26s9_zps6073a57d.jpg

vlcsnap-2013-06-10-20h32m26s189_zps1c51a8cf.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

8. Shutter Island

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

1. Seeking a Friend for the End of the World
    3. The Host
    10. Scanners

8. Shutter Island

Yep

1. Seeking a Friend for the End of the World
    3. The Host
    10. Scanners

Yeah, all correct

1. Seeking a friend
    2. ???
    3. The host
    4. ???
    5. ???
    6. ???
    7. ???
    8. Shutter Island
    9. ???
    10. Scanners
    11. ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,732 ✭✭✭brian_t

9. Take the Money and Run ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

4. The Frighteners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

11. Cloud Atlas

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

2 Sneakers
    5 War Games
    6 Dune
    9 Take the Money and Run

brian_t wrote: »
    9. Take the Money and Run ??
    4. The Frighteners.
    Barna77 wrote: »
    11. Cloud Atlas
    tricky D wrote: »
    2 Sneakers
    5 War Games
    6 Dune
    9 Take the Money and Run

Yeah, all these are correct

Just 1 left

vlcsnap-2013-06-10-22h25m28s186_zps9a65362d.jpg

1. Seeking a Friend
    2. Sneakers
    3. The Host
    4. The Frighteners
    5. War Games
    6. Dune
    7. ???
    8. Shutter Island
    9. Take the Money and Run
    10. Scanners
    11. Cloud Atlas

A quick, easy batch with a link.

1.i053553.jpg

2.i028395.jpg

3.i031009.jpg

4.i014522.jpg

5.i195522.jpg

Mizu Ger -

7 is The Ipcress File!

Mizu Ger -

7 is The Ipcress File!

Yep, that's it!

• Advertisement
Advertisement