Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guess The Screenshot (Mobile Data Unfriendly)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

10 is...Love and Death?

EDIT: No it's Bananas!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Mizu_Ger

10 is...Love and Death?

EDIT: No it's Bananas!

Yep, you were right the second time.
    1. ???
    2. ???
    3. ???
    4. ???
    5. ???
    6. ???
    7. ???
    8. ???
    9. ???
    10. Bananas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,461 ✭✭✭✭Zeek12

Is 2. Marlowe ?

Zeek12 wrote: »
    Is 2. Marlowe ?

yep
    1. ???
    2. Marlowe
    3. ???
    4. ???
    5. ???
    6. ???
    7. ???
    8. ???
    9. ???
    10. Bananas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

7. is Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde?

7. is Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde?

That's right.
    1. ???
    2. Marlowe
    3. ???
    4. ???
    5. ???
    6. ???
    7. Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde
    8. ???
    9. ???
    10. Bananas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 301 ✭✭GarH

Is 4 "The Flight of the Phoenix"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭Blue850

6. The Offence
    8. The Madness of King George

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,732 ✭✭✭brian_t

9. The Wrong Man ?

• Advertisement

GarH wrote: »
    Is 4 "The Flight of the Phoenix"?
    Blue850 wrote: »
    6. The Offence

Yes, all correct.

Only 4 left!
    1. ???
    2. Marlowe
    3. ???
    4. Flight of the Phoenix
    5. ???
    6. The Offence
    7. Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde
    9. ???
    10. Bananas

brian_t wrote: »
    9. The Wrong Man ?

3. The Life and Times of Judge Roy Bean

9. The Wrong Man ?

Sorry I missed that one!

Yeah, both correct.

Only 2 left!
    1. ???
    2. Marlowe
    4. Flight of the Phoenix
    5. ???
    6. The Offence
    7. Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde
    9. The Wrong Man
    10. Bananas

vlcsnap-2014-01-07-21h08m44s38_zpse9b7444e.jpg

vlcsnap-2014-01-07-21h04m05s23_zps25bd44e5.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,567 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

5. Swiss Family Robinson?

Skerries wrote: »
    5. Swiss Family Robinson?

Sorry, no.

Clues:

1. A 70's crime film. Based on a novel with the action transplanted to the US.

5. British satire on the class system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,899 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

5. the admirable crichton

• Advertisement

Riskymove wrote: »
    5. the admirable crichton

Yep. Just 1 left!
    1. ???
    2. Marlowe
    4. Flight of the Phoenix
    5. The Admirable Crichton
    6. The Offence
    7. Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde
    9. The Wrong Man
    10. Bananas

I've never come across it before but based on your clue

1. The Laughing Policeman

I've never come across it before but based on your clue

1. The Laughing Policeman

Yep, that's the one. Well worth a watch if you like 70's American crime films.

All done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

1. i496744.jpg

2. vb1.2.jpg

3. i542561.jpg

4. i063606.jpg

5.i620728.jpg

6.eq10.5731.jpg

7.combapd3.1760.jpg

8.i647050.jpg

9.i515335.jpg

i564016.jpg

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Iron Maiden, Dua Lipa, Billie Eilish (x2), Oasis

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

3 is Your Sister's Sister. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

No 8 - Francis Ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

10. Parker?

Only saw the trailer recently, must watch it yet

3 is Your Sister's Sister. :)
    DeepBlue wrote: »
    No 8 - Francis Ha
    D'Agger wrote: »
    10. Parker

All correct. Well done!
    And yes, Your Sister's Sister does deserve a :).

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

no 1. Marathon Man
    no 9. Detachment

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

All correct. Well done!
    And yes, Your Sister's Sister does deserve a :).

The :) was more for me finally knowing one and getting my post in before anyone else got it. But I did enjoy that film too :)

Burgo wrote: »
    no 1. Marathon Man
    no 9. Detachment

Both correct! :D

Brought forward a page, and removed the ones that have been answered:

2. vb1.2.jpg

4. i063606.jpg

5.i620728.jpg

6.eq10.5731.jpg

7.combapd3.1760.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

6 is Gregory's Girl

Indeed it is! Well done.

Give us a clue :pac:

• Advertisement

Apologies: I had meant to put clues up before now.

2. Taken from a reconstruction sequence, featured as part of an Oscar-winning "heist" documentary
    4. The policeman has taken an interest in the man acting suspiciously, who had just acquired a grubby raincoat by way of disguise: he has absconded from his duties playing drums... (1964)
    6. 1977 film based on a stage play
    7. 1971 directorial debut of a subsequent two-time Best Director Oscar winner

4. A Hard Day's Night?
    6. Equus?
    7. Play Misty for Me

All random guesses based on your clues :)

... and all correct!
    Well done. :D

Apologies: I had meant to put clues up before now.

2. Taken from a reconstruction sequence, featured as part of an Oscar-winning "heist" documentary

I looked down the list of Oscar winning Documentary Films and "Man on Wire" suddenly jumped out at me.

... and you'd be right!
    That's the lot. Well done. :)

1.i018466.jpg

2.i441302.jpg

3.i194842.jpg

4.i026110.jpg

5.i005871.jpg

6.i642953.jpg

7.i625110.jpg

8.i282935.jpg

9.i636123.jpg

10.i070570.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

8. is Superman 3.

Struggling to think of .1 now, I know it, but the name isn't coming to me.

EDIT:
    1. Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Is 3. For Your Eyes Only?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Flying Abruptly

5. Bourne Supremacy

• Advertisement

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Struggling to think of .1 now, I know it, but the name isn't coming to me.

Yeah, I know the feeling. It's on the tip of my tongue. I don't think it's Knocked Up or The 40 Year Old Virgin….but I'll throw them out there anyway.

Is 3. For Your Eyes Only?

Or The Spy who loved me?

Or The Spy who loved me?

Ah balls, that's GENUINELY (!) what I meant! It was the first Bond movie I saw in the cinema - my mom took me even though I was underage. I think she was horrified at the sideboob shots in the opening credits, let alone the (all too innocent) bed scenes. Lol.

8. is Superman 3.

1. Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back
    5. Bourne Supremacy
    The Spy who loved me

All correct. I'll give ButtersSuki the point too. :)
    Well done all.

^. That nearly happened with me there too, I had Superman II typed, then copped it was 3. ( well I hope its 3 and not 2 now)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Crumbs

7. Submarine

Is 9 The Way Way Back?

• Advertisement

Yes, both correct. Well done.
    That just leaves 2, 4, 6 and 10.

Brought forward...

2.i441302.jpg

4.i026110.jpg

6.i642953.jpg

10.i070570.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

4. Dazed and confused.

Correct! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Crumbs

6. The Perks of Being a Wallflower

• Advertisement
Advertisement