Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guess The Screenshot (Mobile Data Unfriendly)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

2. Midnight in Paris

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Crumbs wrote: »
    6. The Perks of Being a Wallflower
    2. Midnight in Paris

Both correct. Well done. :)

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Iron Maiden, Dua Lipa, Billie Eilish (x2), Oasis

1.i006723.jpg

2.i168946.jpg

3.i149856.jpg

4.ac2.13.jpg

5.i035357.jpg

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

2 is Juno?

Yes it is. Well spotted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭DMcL1971

3. Atonement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

1. is Danny Champion of the World

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

4 Killer Joe

DMcL1971 wrote: »
    3. Atonement
    D-FENS wrote: »
    1. is Danny Champion of the World

Both correct. Killer D also correct with Killer Joe. Well done all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

5 is St Pancras Station, so from imdb it's a Potter with Deathly Hallows 2 at the top of their St P location page.

• Advertisement

Your powers of deduction are truly commendable, and it is a Harry Potter film, but - regrettably - it isn't Deathly Hallows Part II. I was going to say it's an earlier one, but of course, they're ALL earlier than that. The clue is in the sky, I suppose. :)

With a memory jog from tricky D. I am going to say that 5 is Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets. All credit to tricky D though.

Tricky D gets the points for the groundwork, and DMcL1971 for figuring it out. It is indeed Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, with the flying car reflected in the windscreen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Mizu_Ger

f'in hell!!!! :mad:

I was watching this thread in the morning in case someone posted some screenshots and didn't get back to check again until now and I've already missed 2 sets. I even knew a good few of them this time around!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,461 ✭✭✭✭Zeek12

Indeed....this thread has been very busy today!

Missed those last two lots aswell. But great to see so many sets being posted:)

vlcsnap-2014-01-14-21h35m42s65_zpsc2a9e40f.jpg

vlcsnap-2014-01-14-21h28m43s195_zps3256cad8.jpg

vlcsnap-2014-01-14-21h33m15s95_zps3d75fed7.jpg

vlcsnap-2014-01-14-21h31m26s244_zps3900a500.jpg

vlcsnap-2014-01-14-21h33m49s215_zps10f7f49e.jpg

vlcsnap-2014-01-14-21h28m07s94_zps69873187.jpg

vlcsnap-2014-01-14-21h28m22s12_zps016a03a1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

1 is Night at the Roxbury?

2 is Shadow of the Vampire.
    5 is The Outfit?

1 is Night at the Roxbury?

Sorry, no.
    2 is Shadow of the Vampire.

That's right.
    1. ???
    2. Shadow of the Vampire
    3. ???
    4. ???
    5. The Outfit
    6. ???
    7. ???

• Advertisement

5 is The Outfit. Well spotted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 840 ✭✭✭jsa112

3 Demolition man ?

1. My Blue Heaven

If I'm right, I'm particularly proud of this one because I haven't seen the film since it was released in 1990.

6. Those Magnificent Men in Their Flying Machines

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,161 ✭✭✭rednik

4. The wedding banquet.

jsa112 wrote:
    3 Demolition man ?

Sorry, no.
    1. My Blue Heaven

If I'm right, I'm particularly proud of this one because I haven't seen the film since it was released in 1990.

Well remembered!
    6. Those Magnificent Men in Their Flying Machines
    rednik wrote: »
    4. The wedding banquet.

Yep these are all correct. I was expecting someone to guess In the Mood for Love for 4. but you avoided that!

1. My Blue Heaven
    2. Shadow of the Vampire
    3. ???
    4. The Wedding Banquet
    5. The Outfit
    6. ???
    7. Those Magnificent Men in Their Flying Machines

Just 2 left:

Little seen Sci-fi. Adapted from an author who has had many (much more successful) adaptations.
    vlcsnap-2014-01-14-21h33m15s95_zps3d75fed7.jpg

Comedy. The main cast suggests it could have been made by Mel Brooks, but it wasn't!!
    vlcsnap-2014-01-14-21h28m22s12_zps016a03a1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

Based on your clue for 7, I'm going to guess The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes' Smarter Brother (Wilder, Kahn, Feldman etc)?

Is 3 Johnny Mnemonic?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

3 - Screamers?

Based on your clue for 7, I'm going to guess The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes' Smarter Brother (Wilder, Kahn, Feldman etc)?

Yes, that's the one.
    Is 3 Johnny Mnemonic?
    3 - Screamers?

No to both of these!

i070570.jpg

This remains unanswered from my last batch.
    The clue is in who they're queueing to see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,567 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

A mighty Wind?

Yes, indeed. Well deduced.

3 - Screamers?

You're thinking along the right lines with that one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Mizu_Ger wrote: »

A Brave new world?

Burgo wrote: »
    A Brave new world?

Sorry, no

Impostor?

Zeek12 wrote: »
    Impostor?

Yep. A Philip K Dick adaption. That's all of them

1.i022431.jpg

2.i043278.jpg

3.i490642.jpg

4.i440100.jpg

5.unknown5619kb8.5594.jpg

6.i044742.jpg

7.i234895.jpg

8.i067390.jpg

9.i202122.jpg

10.i088825.jpg

4. Stand by me?
    9. Eraser?
    10. Nobody's fool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

1. Oceans 11?
    7. First thought was Tears of the Sun, but is it Rambo?

• Advertisement

4. Stand by me?
    9. Eraser?
    10. Nobody's fool
    Mr Freeze wrote: »
    1. Oceans 11?
    7. First thought was Tears of the Sun, but is it Rambo?

All correct! It is Rambo. Well done, both!

6. The Dish

5. Hard Target

2. The Meaning of Life.

6. The Dish
    5. Hard Target
    2. The Meaning of Life.

All correct. Well done. Just 3 and 8 remaining. :)

3 is a 1978 film starring one of this year's Oscar nominees for acting.
    8 is a 2006 film written and directed by one of this year's Oscar nominees for writing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

Guessing from your clues that 3. is Coming Home, and 8. is Vicky Christina Barcelona?

Guessing from your clues that 3. is Coming Home, and 8. is Vicky Christina Barcelona?

Coming Home is right, well done.
    It is indeed a Woody Allen film, but it's not Vicky Cristina Barcelona.

Scoop?

It is indeed Romola Garai and Scarlett Johansson in Scoop. Well deduced. :)

• Advertisement

Capture17_zps6f3319d6.png

Capture12_zpsf2f76b10.png

Capture15_zps7f65c3ce.png

Capture3_zps4379f14f.png

Capture14_zps215c7541.png

Capture6_zpsddeef9bd.png

Capture2_zpsf130e8ff.png

Capture11_zps04206388.png

Capture8_zps39b8dc91.png