Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guess The Screenshot (Mobile Data Unfriendly)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,161 ✭✭✭rednik

2. Thief, just got an excellent release on blu ray. Tangerine Dream being the band in the clue.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,461 ✭✭✭✭Zeek12

rednik wrote: »
    2. Thief, just got an excellent release on blu ray. Tangerine Dream being the band in the clue.;)

Spot on! Well done.

Just No. 10 left

Another hint: The subject of this documentary is an Englishman, who appears in the shot. He was part of a well known blues/rock outfit in the 60s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭DMcL1971

10. The Byrd Who Flew Alone: The Triumphs and Tragedy of Gene Clark

DMcL1971 wrote: »
    10. The Byrd Who Flew Alone: The Triumphs and Tragedy of Gene Clark

Afraid not, but a good guess though.

The musician in this film is English.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Beware of Mr. Baker.

(He looks so different without his beard).

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Iron Maiden, Dua Lipa, Billie Eilish (x2), Oasis

Beware of Mr. Baker.

(He looks so different without his beard).

Correct, well done.

Yes, it's a youthful looking "Ginger" Baker, the drummer with Cream :)

1.i616605.jpg

2.i537442.jpg

3.i448495.jpg

4.i398889.jpg

5.phonekg7.7615.jpg

6.i004814.jpg

7.i195166.jpg

8.i118867.jpg

9.i623367.jpg

10.i461222.jpg

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

4. Splash
    9. Hanna?
    10. Contagion.

4 and 10 are both correct. Well done.
    It's not Hanna, though.

• Advertisement

Splash, what a blast from the past!!!!

6. Fargo

Yes, it is Fargo. Well spotted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,899 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

2. Commando?

It is indeed the airport in Commando. Well done.
    Perhaps a (very minor) link is developing...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,161 ✭✭✭rednik

8 is Crash.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Is 9 Byzantium?

Is 7 a Bond? A Roger Moore maybe, The Man With the Golden Gun?

rednik wrote: »
    8 is Crash.

Yes, well done.
    FunLover18 wrote: »
    Is 9 Byzantium?

Is 7 a Bond? A Roger Moore maybe, The Man With the Golden Gun?

9 is Byzantium. Well done.
    7 is a Roger Moore Bond, but it's later than The Man with the Golden Gun.

9 is Byzantium. Well done.
    7 is a Roger Moore Bond, but it's later than The Man with the Golden Gun.

I'm not going to go through all the Moore's. I think it's Moonraker

• Advertisement

It is Moonraker. Well done.
    Like all the other films here, it's a one word title. :)

Just these three left.
    1.i616605.jpg

3.i448495.jpg

5.phonekg7.7615.jpg

Leather jacket in 3 is the spit of Aidan Gillan. I'm going to guess Pleasantville

I see where you're coming from, but it's not Pleasantville. This film was released five years earlier.
    It is set at the time of the Cuban Missile Crisis and features a very early, very minor role (one of her first non-TV parts) for an Oscar-nominated actress.

Matinee

(Naomi Watts)

Oh, very good! :D

• Advertisement

1 is a 2000 comedy featuring two American Pie alumni and a Ghostbuster.
    5 is a 1972 science fiction film that was remade thirty years later.

Based on your clue, is 1. Loser?

1.i661001.jpg

2.i163737.jpg

3.i436970.jpg

4.i045852.jpg

5.i011730.jpg

6.i019610.jpg

7.i017535.jpg

8.i230783.jpg

9.i532326.jpg

10.i490050.jpg

Zeek12 wrote: »
    Based on your clue, is 1. Loser?

Yes! Well deduced. :)
    I've taken the liberty of putting up another set, if that's okay.

1. Rush
    3. Thor
    4. Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
    7. Broken Flowers
    9. Grosse Pointe Blank

• Advertisement

3. Thor.
    8. Mercury Rising

Edit. @DMcL1971 /Shakes Fist

5. North by Northwest

Is 2 The Manchurian Candidate?

1. Rush
    3. Thor
    4. Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
    7. Broken Flowers
    9. Grosse Pointe Blank

All correct.
    Mr Freeze wrote: »
    3. Thor.
    8. Mercury Rising

Edit. @DMcL1971 /Shakes Fist

Both correct.
    5. North by Northwest

Yes.
    FunLover18 wrote: »
    Is 2 The Manchurian Candidate?

Yes.

Well done, all. :D

5 is a 1972 science fiction film that was remade thirty years later.

Solaris

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,481 ✭✭✭MfMan

6. French Connection
    7. Life Aquatic of Steve Zissou

Riskymove wrote: »
    Solaris
    MfMan wrote: »
    6. The French Connection

Both correct. Well done. :)

Both correct. Well done. :)

Is that both sets complete?

Just this one left.
    A 1970 classic, set in England, part-filmed in Germany, with a Polish director. :D
    10.i490050.jpg

Just this one left.
    A 1970 classic, set in London, filmed in Germany, with a Polish director. :D

Cool, have a set ready to go, will wait till that one is gone first.
    Not a clue what it is btw.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Deep End with a young Jane Asher

tricky D wrote: »
    Deep End with a young Jane Asher

Yes. Well done.

Ok, first time doing a set, these will probably go embarrassingly quick.

i664090.jpg

i093668.jpg

1580_18.jpg

1133_4.jpg

1681_16.jpg

i209705.jpg

5154_2.jpg

1872_9.jpg

1212_5.jpg

i283762.jpg

3. Grumpy Old Men

3 Grumpy Old Men

Damn you Zeek, damn you to hell ;)

9 Princess Bride

5. The Host
    6. The Dark Night
    7. Teminator Salvation

Zeek12 wrote: »
    3. Grumpy Old Men
    3 Grumpy Old Men
    9 Princess Bride

Correct.

5. The Host
    6. The Dark Knight

Both right.
    7. Teminator Salvation

Nope.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭fluke

4 is the original Carrie

Pure guessing here but I'm gonna say 2 is Demolition Man and 7 is Star Trek Generations

Advertisement