Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Israel attacks Aid Flotilla. At least 2 dead

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

patrickk wrote: »
    Come on we're all intelligent people here and this footage proves the lies that exist to feed israeli propaganda .There is no denying this footage its absolute proof and shows deceit and how propaganda is been used to fool world population.

Conspiracy Theory forum tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

Its not Mani Manibviferdfdf .Its Mavi Marhara and thats name of the ship .
    Why would name of a ship be changed from its side .That would have been illegal by maritime law and would give Israelis further reason to jail the people on the ship .Come on we're all intelligent people here and this footage proves the lies that exist to feed israeli propaganda .There is no denying this footage its absolute proof and shows deceit and how propaganda is been used to fool world population.

What Maritime law is that?

As far as I know the name has to be on the stern of the ship, given that its only a banner and was probably just put there for a few photo op, its reasonable to suggest that it as either taken down or moved to another part of the Milli Vanilliii

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭patrickk

droidus wrote: »
    Infra red picks out differences in temperature - not colour.

EVEN if the banner hadn't simply been moved, the idea that a tiny bit of black text would somehow retain more heat from the day than the surrounding metal 6 hours after the sun goes down is tenuous - at best.

This footage tells no lies it cant be debunked the video was a fabrication besides the infra red the shape of upper deck compare photos its a completely different ship there is no resemblance to mavi marhara one bit.
    So keep talking about infra red it will not take away from the fact its different ship in the sky news report so where does that leave those who try to disprove a lie .The Truth will always be the Truth noone will ever take that away from us .

Fuhrer wrote: »
    What Maritime law is that?

As far as I know the name has to be on the stern of the ship, given that its only a banner and was probably just put there for a few photo op, its reasonable to suggest that it as either taken down or moved to another part of the Milli Vanilliii
    it is maritime law and anyways name is only part of this the ship is different ship beside the infra red argument .You cannot deny this ,that its same ship
    LOOK AT PHOTOS Stevie Wonder take the sunglasses off buddy theyre bit dark for looking at video footage on the internet lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭irishconvert

Id love to see someone explain this to me .How is it the name of the ship is not shown in sky news footage eh.Anyone defending the Israelis after this footage below and total proof that the media were fed a lie about how the boarding of ship unfolded must be blind.

http://info-wars.org/2010/06/10/video-israel-defense-force-video-of-siege-of-%E2%80%98mavi-marmara%E2%80%99-hoaxed/

I'm very sceptical of that story to be honest. It is not very convincing.

• Advertisement

it is maritime law...

It's not maritime law that the ship has to have it's name on a banner on the side of the upper decks.

it is maritime law and anyways name is only part of this the ship is different ship beside the infra red argument .You cannot deny this ,that its same ship
    LOOK AT PHOTOS Stevie Wonder take the sunglasses off buddy theyre bit dark for looking at video footage on the internet lol.

Quote me the Maritime law that states whatever it is you're ranting about.

The Gif clearly shows that if not being the exact same ship, it is at least the same model.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,163 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Look at ship in question the holes in top of ship the whole shape of upper deck is different is everyone blind or what ?
    ye nutters look at it again and as far as lettering goes dont buy that the wording of the ship is in black and infra red will still pick up name on side of the ship that argument doesnt wash with anyone
    Unless they know something about cameras(not unlike the moon landing hoax believers). The shape of the upper deck isnt different BTW, the angles the photos are taken with are different. I have no issue with the notion the IDF would bend the truth or hide it, but staging a large production and getting al jazeera in on it? Eh no.
    droidus wrote:
    Its a theory based on the European, orientalist view of the Arab as a savage who only understands violence and can be be shown no weakness.
    I would agree with that. Mainly because the Jewish culture represented in Israel is european(genetically for the most part too. Hardly surprising though). Even the stereotypical image in the west of "Jewishness" is of the european Jewish culture. The black hats, ringlets and heavy black coats vibe is the eastern European Jewish culture. There are Jews in Syria and Jordan and elsewhere with a different culture going on. Irish Jews who have been here for many centuries look Irish(ginger potato heads too :D)and outside of religious practice have much the same culture as their fellow micks.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

prinz wrote: »
    Conspiracy Theory forum tbh.
    Its only a conspiracy if no Truth can be proven beyond doubt.I would recommend you buy an oxford dictionary and brush up on your english .
    Theres no conspiracy here i'm just showing you footage i found on internet and its footage that cannot be debunked ,a different ship used to show soldiers been beaten and fed to us by sky news/world media .
    I beg to wonder how they though they would get away with this one .
    The Truth will always be the Truth .

Its only a conspiracy if no Truth can be proven beyond doubt.I would recommend you buy an oxford dictionary and brush up on your english .
    Theres no conspiracy here i'm just showing you footage i found on internet and its footage that cannot be debunked ,a different ship used to show soldiers been beaten and fed to us by sky news/world media .
    I beg to wonder how they though they would get away with this one .
    The Truth will always be the Truth .

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

I'm not sure whether calling another poster blind or using Stevie Wonder to do it is the more worthy of an infraction. Either way, infracted - if you keep it up you'll find yourself banned. And please, no more of the conspiracy theory stuff - this is the Politics forum.

moderately,
    Scofflaw

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,163 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Objectively? It is the same model of ship. Al Jazeera have footage of IDF forces being repelled. Families have buried the bodies of those killed. There are two other angles the IDF took video from. There is the testimony of hundreds of flotilla passengers and the IDF that agree with the basic story. Big questions remain, but not that it was a staged large scale film production. Seriously this is for the conspiracy forum.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Quote me the Maritime law that states whatever it is you're ranting about.

The Gif clearly shows that if not being the exact same ship, it is at least the same model.

thats funny its not same ship its same model .HAHA rofl ya must be on acid the whole point of this is to show its different ship .Of course its different ship thats not the mavi marhara

thats funny its not same ship its same model .HAHA rofl ya must be on acid the whole point of this is to show its different ship .Of course its different ship thats not the mavi marhara

Well, I might be on Acid but it definetly looks like the Manni Morelllos to me.

Scofflaw wrote: »
    I'm not sure whether calling another poster blind or using Stevie Wonder to do it is the more worthy of an infraction. Either way, infracted - if you keep it up you'll find yourself banned. And please, no more of the conspiracy theory stuff - this is the Politics forum.

moderately,
    Scofflaw

Theres no conspiracy when Truth comes out in video like this .Its only a conspiracy if facts are not there to prove a Truth.In this case the video speaks the Truth.As for Stevie Wonder comment get a grip ya langer ive been called worse on this boards.ie and noone else got an infraction or ban so maybe you should be more careful where you throw that dangerous whip of yours lol.

Wibbs wrote: »
    Objectively? It is the same model of ship. Al Jazeera have footage of IDF forces being repelled. Families have buried the bodies of those killed. There are two other angles the IDF took video from. There is the testimony of hundreds of flotilla passengers and the IDF that agree with the basic story. Big questions remain, but not that it was a staged large scale film production. Seriously this is for the conspiracy forum.

How is it for conspiracy forum when the video speaks for itself .There is no lie in this video except that its a fabrication.In respect for people who died on the ship this seems to me something very serious and very real threat to our lives dont you think?

There is no lie in this video except that its a fabrication.In respect for people who died on the ship this seems to me something very serious and very real threat to our lives dont you think?

You're right this 'video' is a fabrication. Well done on uniting everyone no matter what their opinion on the original assault though. We should send you to the Middle East, peace at last.

How is it for conspiracy forum when the video speaks for itself .There is no lie in this video except that its a fabrication.In respect for people who died on the ship this seems to me something very serious and very real threat to our lives dont you think?

Id imagine that the familes would find your insane rant as massively disrespectful.

Try going up to a 9/11 widow and tell them there was no planes or whatever.

Well, I might be on Acid but it definetly looks like the Manni Morelllos to me.

Out of respect for the dead could you get name of the ship right ?

Id imagine that the familes would find your insane rant as massively disrespectful.

Try going up to a 9/11 widow and tell them there was no planes or whatever.

Maybe you should show some respect and get the name of the ship correct !!

I am not disrespecting the deceased if anything am honouring those who died,the people who put this fabricated footage on sky news of soldiers been beaten by peace activists did the grossest act of dishonouring those who died on the ship well not died ,murdered at point blank range .
    This is no laughing matter there are serious repurcussions to outcome of this investigation.The Truth will come out soon .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

patrickk wrote:
    Theres no conspiracy when Truth comes out in video like this .Its only a conspiracy if facts are not there to prove a Truth.In this case the video speaks the Truth.As for Stevie Wonder comment get a grip ya langer ive been called worse on this boards.ie and noone else got an infraction or ban so maybe you should be more careful where you throw that dangerous whip of yours lol.

And so we say goodbye to patrickk for at least a fortnight.

[EDIT]Upped to a month for the usual abusive PM.[/EDIT]

moderately,
    Scofflaw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭droidus

More smuggled footage, featuring the Israeli 'assassination list'.

http://mondoweiss.net/2010/06/new-footage-of-flotilla-attack-contradicts-israeli-account.html
    On the night of Sunday, May 30, showing a terrifying disregard for human life, Israeli naval forces surrounded and boarded ships sailing to bring humanitarian aid to the blockaded Gaza Strip. On the largest ship, the Mavi Marmara, Israeli commandos opened fire on civilian passengers, killing at least 9 passengers and wounding dozens more. Others are still missing. The final death toll is yet to be determined. Cultures of Resistance director Iara Lee was aboard the besieged ship and has since returned home safely.

Despite the Israeli government’s thorough efforts to confiscate all footage taken during the attack, Iara Lee was able to retain some of her video recordings. [Above] is 15 minutes of raw footage from the moments leading up to and during the Israeli commandos’ assault on the Mavi Marmara.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭IrishTonyO

more footage (15mins) not sure if it was posted before or not

http://gaza.tumblr.com/post/686909522/15-minutes-of-footage-footage-of-the-attack-on

Classy!

Italian flotilla journalist: My credit card was used after IDF confiscated it

http://www.haaretz.com/print-edition/news/italian-flotilla-journalist-my-credit-card-was-used-after-idf-confiscated-it-1.295493

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

droidus wrote: »

Stealing someones credit card, really is a pathetic thing to do, for the IDF.

Well at least they didnt smear **** all over the walls like they usually do - although we havent seen the state of the ships yet.

Timeline and GPS analysis indicates that ships were fleeing when attacked:
    Did Israel press on with bloody attack on Mavi Marmara even as ship fled at full-speed?

UPDATED: Mavi Marmara was fleeing west at full-speed at time Israel claims "rioters initiate confrontation with IDF soldiers," and had already been under sustained attack for some time.

...At a certain point during the Israeli attack, the Mavi Marmara turned sharply west and sped up significantly, directly away from Israel and the Gaza Strip. It is unclear whether the Israelis already controlled the ship at that time or whether its change of course was an attempt by the crew to escape the Israeli attack. If the Israelis controlled the ship already it seems more likely that they would have turned east, toward Ashdod, rather than west...

http://aliabunimah.posterous.com/mavi-marmara-was-heading-away-from-israelgaza

Forum thread dedicated to witness accounts:

http://www.politicalworld.org/showthread.php?t=2267

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Some of the pro-palestinian supporters here have been saying that the activists weren't preparing for an attack in advance....the Marmara's captain says otherwise

http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/gaza-flotilla-captain-activists-prepared-attack-against-idf-raid-1.295591

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭BluePlanet

So you're sticking to the assertion that the aid flotilla attacked the israeli navy at sea?

The article that you link is only confirming that crewmembers armed themsevles with makeshift weapons to repel the israeli boarding.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement