Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Israel attacks Aid Flotilla. At least 2 dead

1141142143144145147»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Memnoch wrote: »
    IMO a backroom deal has already been done to brush all this under the carpet.

This is why the US has not publicly condemned Israel or joined calls for an independent enquiry.

i.e. The US keeps out of it, in exchange, Israel, slowly and over time, so as to lose as little face as possible, lifts its blockade and allows in civilian goods. Maybe other deals were also made regarding settlements.

I'm guessing this is how the US persuaded Turkey to not damage relations with it despite not backing their calls openly.
    The US is in bed with Israel, both countries are currently up to something in the Red Sea, whether its postering for war against Iran or trying to intercept the two oncoming red crescent ships.

The US will try everything to blackmail Turkey into making up with Israel despite the atrocities that the country has done and the fact that it has absolutly no intention of apologising.

The US is in bed with Israel, both countries are currently up to something in the Red Sea, whether its postering for war against Iran or trying to intercept the two oncoming red crescent ships.

The US will try everything to blackmail Turkey into making up with Israel despite the atrocities that the country has done and the fact that it has absolutly no intention of apologising.
    You do realize that the US Navy and other navies use the suez canal all the time to head east or west?
    Theres nothing particularally special about it.
    I'd wager that at any point in time theres a few in the Med moving here and there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

You do realize that the US Navy and other navies use the suez canal all the time to head east or west?
    Theres nothing particularally special about it.
    I'd wager that at any point in time theres a few in the Med moving here and there.

How often do you get an armada of 12 ships passing the Suez it at one time?

http://presstv.ir/detail.aspx?id=131181&sectionid=351020205

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Carriers travel in battle groups - they never travel alone AFAIK. So there's a host of support vessel traveling in a fleet with it.

This is all seriously OT though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭deravarra

Nodin wrote: »
    Repeating ridiculous claims does not make them true, however it does undermine the advancement of the Palestinian cause.

Im sorry, but that is something which should be directed towards those who continue to say "the flotilla was organized by terrorists"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

deravarra wrote: »
    Im sorry, but that is something which should be directed towards those who continue to say "the flotilla was organized by terrorists"

No, it's to be directed against anyone who intentionally or otherwise undermines the cause. Hysterical claims and hyperbole are to be rejected, regardless of their source.

Nodin wrote: »
    No, it's to be directed against anyone who intentionally or otherwise undermines the cause. Hysterical claims and hyperbole are to be rejected, regardless of their source.

I would have agreed, but not in relation to my assertion that Israel is a theocracy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Byron85

Just after reading that an internal Israel inquiry into the raid has ruled that the use of firearms was justified.
    Earlier this week, Israel's military published the results of an internal inquiry into the 31 May raid, which found that while mistakes had been made, the troops' use of live fire was 'justified'.

Also, a Libyan aid ship is on the way to Gaza at the moment and is being shadowed by Israeli warships. I presume this is all taking place in international waters again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Byron85 wrote: »
    Just after reading that an internal Israel inquiry into the raid has ruled that the use of firearms was justified.

Also, a Libyan aid ship is on the way to Gaza at the moment and is being shadowed by Israeli warships. I presume this is all taking place in international waters again?

Sigh, at least try and find out the facts, the libyan ship is going to egypt
    http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/report-libya-sponsored-gaza-aid-ship-heads-to-egypt-port-1.301884

Sigh, at least try and find out the facts, the libyan ship is going to egypt
    http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/report-libya-sponsored-gaza-aid-ship-heads-to-egypt-port-1.301884

No need to try and be a smart ass. I was working with what I just read online. Is that ok?
    A Libyan aid ship is back on course headed for Gaza after stalling overnight as it is shadowed by a fleet of Israeli warships.
    It is unclear if the freighter is heading for the Egyptian port of El-Arish, or will continue to head for Gaza in defiance of an Israeli naval blockade on the territory.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭paulaa

The Libyan aid ship is now docked and unloading in El-Arish, Egypt, reportedly after Israel agreed to allow the Libyans to begin a building project in the Gaza Strip.
    "According to Thursday's report in A-Sharq al-Awsat, Israel has agreed to let Gadhafi's organization begin a project to rebuild the ruins in Gaza. His organization and the United Nations Works and Relief Association will soon begin to send some 50 million Egyptian pounds into the coastal territory to get the project rolling.

Gadhafi told the newspaper that the arrangement was reached between Defense Minister Ehud Barak and Egyptian intelligence chief Omer Suleiman, and that he himself was privy to every detail of the deal.
    "

http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/report-israel-struck-deal-with-egypt-to-let-libya-aid-reach-gaza-1.302105

paulaa wrote: »
    The Libyan aid ship is now docked and unloading in El-Arish, Egypt, reportedly after Israel agreed to allow the Libyans to begin a building project in the Gaza Strip.

"

http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/report-israel-struck-deal-with-egypt-to-let-libya-aid-reach-gaza-1.302105

party.gif

"

Let's see how long these buildings will last. I'm sure they will be used to "hone" the IDF's artillery and airforce skills.

deravarra wrote: »
    Let's see how long these buildings will last. I'm sure they will be used to "hone" the IDF's artillery and airforce skills.

I would say until the next time a peace settlement looks likely or there's new weapons in Israel's arsenal to be tested.

I would say until the next time a peace settlement looks likely or there's new weapons in Israel's arsenal to be tested.

Flying_Tank_640x480.jpg

Boys toys, eh Blaas ?
    Nil point for relevance and content !!

Boys toys, eh Blaas ?
    Nil point for relevance and content !!

musatank483.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

musatank483.jpg

Darwin's theory of 'natural selection' in action for everybody to see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,240 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

gbee wrote: »

How very big of you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Noreen1

gbee wrote: »

Sick! Even by total scumbag standards - totally sick!:mad::mad:

Noreen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

How often do you get an armada of 12 ships passing the Suez it at one time?

http://presstv.ir/detail.aspx?id=131181&sectionid=351020205

12 ships does not make a fleet.

You often get 12 or more ships passing through the Suez

Israel has the right to sink/stop ships running supplies to a terrorist nation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,240 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

old_aussie wrote: »

Does it work both ways?

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Rashers

old_aussie wrote: »

While in international waters?

Define a terrorist nation please?

Rashers wrote: »
    Define a terrorist nation please?

no_better_blood.jpg

no_better_blood.jpg

I can do that too.

Arabs+to+the+gas+chambers+-+Hebron.jpg

gas_the_arabs.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Rashers

Blaas. I think the word is "Touché!"

Rashers wrote: »
    Blaas. I think the word is "Touché!"

I think the word is "I don't give a flying F...." ;)

hamas%20tenets.jpg

I think the word is "I don't give a flying F...." ;)

hamas%20tenets.jpg

Lock?

The thread has run its course and all that's going on now is childish to-ing and fro-ing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Byron85 wrote: »
    Lock?

The thread has run its course and all that's going on now is childish to-ing and fro-ing.

Indeed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

I'm inclined to agree with the above posts. Although honestly, we could use this as precedent to lock all Israel/Palestine threads after the first post...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement