Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Israel attacks Aid Flotilla. At least 2 dead

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

jimi_t2 wrote: »
    Well then why the **** were they flying the Turkish flag? HROs strive to be independent of any country and go out of their way to be non-provocative. Name another HRO which sails at a military blockade?

Turkey wouldn't have the best track record in human rights themselves btw

the excuses for israeli murder are getting more and more pathetic.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

They knew exactly what would happen, and got the reaction from the IDF they'd hoped for.
    Er..yes, I'm sure the people that died got exactly what they hoped for...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

dan719 wrote: »
    Today a group of ships attempted to bypass a blockade that has been in place for three years. After ignoring orders to turn around from the Isreali Navy, they were attacked. Seriously, what did these people think would happen?

not getting slaughtered in international waters after committing no crime, is probably what they thought would happen.

but yeah, who cares about what they did, they had intentions to antagonise another country, deserved to be killed. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

There's a large large number of aid organisations in the world.

My main question here is why none of these were doing this, rather than a rag-tag bunch of people on a number of ships, some with a distinct Islamic agenda.

What another or other aid organisations did or did not do is not in question here. Nor does it change the fact that Israel's actions are illegal and criminal.
    All it takes is one lunatic out of the many hundreds of humanitarians.

All it takes is, how many fully armed soldiers opening fire on civilians after illegally boarding their ship in international waters?
    Of course its illegal, we all know its illegal, but the facts remain that this was NOT a mission condoned by any government or aid organisation. This was a privately owned flotilla.

The aid flotilla was completely within its rights to deliver humanitarian aid to gaza and was not breaking ANY LAWS. Unlike the IDF.

The fact that the governments of the world are too cowardly and have allowed Israeli war crimes to go unchecked for years does not change this.

And I'm not suggesting otherwise. I'm just trying to temper the alarmist nature of some of both sides.

Bull****. You are trying to minimise the illegal and criminal actions of the IDF. Don't pretend that you are arguing from some neutral or fair minded perspective here, no one here is stupid enough to buy that nonsense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Try and be honest to the good folk reading this by being upfront about your history with the Israeli military.
    Thats gone right over my head, why don't you educate us all on my history with the Israeli military?.

Easily attained on the WWW. I'm just letting people know the nature of you're unbiased information.

You baffle me!.

Seriously, I'm not trying to make fun of you but you do baffle me. What are you trying to say?.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭Glenshane Pass

You baffle me!.

Seriously, I'm not trying to make fun of you but you do baffle me. What are you trying to say?.

It's very simple mate. You're not arguing from a neutral standpoint therefore there should be a huge red alert with every post you make. Photos of you with the 'Israeli buddies' are widely available. So don't play dumb which only serves to derail this thread.

You're biased, end of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Byron85

You baffle me!.

He's probably alluding to the fact that you played down the role of Israeli officials wanting to inspect the Irish passport facilities not long before the Irish passports were forged.
    If we look at that outside of the Dubai elimination I doubt there's anything wrong with one country wishing to look at the security procedures surrounding passports.

I'm sure we've looked to satisfy ourselves on other's procedures before allowing that countries passport holders free access to Ireland.

Anyway, and this is coming from an ardent Israeli supporter..

I've little doubt Mossad carried out this killing, and forged Irish passports to do it..

Yup, lets carry out a little political window dressing and expell an Israeli diplomat, probably a lowly services officer or something. It'll look good for awhile, ya know - the mouse that roared!.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,240 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Israel are a shower of bloodthirsty leeches.. scum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

This is a disgusting atrocity carried out by the Israeli forces in International Waters.

It is an act of piracy by a rogue nation and in a just world people would be brought to account for such criminal actions.

I doubt the US will stand against this aggression but I hope the EU show some backbone now and collectively condemn these actions in the strongest possible fashion.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Tigerbaby

and so the energy is dissipated here via the usual methods. apologists goad the righteous with idiotic, childish rhetoric, and the steam does what steam has always done. evaporates into thin air.

enough talk, surely?

• Advertisement

Israeli ambassador to Ireland will be on Radio 1 in a minute with Pat Kenny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭dan719

not getting slaughtered in international waters after committing no crime, is probably what they thought would happen.

Eh, attempting to bypass a blockade and then attacking Iraeli commandos is a pretty sure way to get yourself killed in my book.

As makkiomi said, this was nothing more then a publicity stunt designed to provoke a reaction and then win some international favour.

^^^
    Usual apologist stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭eamo12

Attacking Israeli commandos is not the most intelligent thing to do if you want to stay alive. They wanted martyrdom and got it. Why do they feel the need anyway to give aid to the most mollycoddled people on earth?

Again, this is disgusting.

Their excuses, only show how ignorant they are.

They should be boycotted at every level.
    A taste of their own medicine.

Israel and Hypocrisy, what a match.

eamo12 wrote: »
    Why do they feel the need anyway to give aid to the most mollycoddled nation on earth?

At least research the subject matter, they were not attempting to give aid to Israel!

eamo12 wrote: »
    Attacking Israeli commandos is not the most intelligent thing to do if you want to stay alive. They wanted martyrdom and got it. Why do they feel the need anyway to give aid to the most mollycoddled nation on earth?

Wing-nut.

"The Armada of hate and violence".

This is what the Israeli Foreign Minister called the flotilla in a press conference not less than an hour ago. Take from that what you will but i'm done.

"The Armada of hate and violence".

This is what the Israeli Foreign Minister called the flotilla in a press conference not less than an hour ago. Take from that what you will but i'm done.

Very dramatic and smacks of religious extremism. Won't be long till the apologists here (Makikomi, FlutterinBatman to name just a couple) jump on that bandwagon.

^^^
    Usual apologist stuff

Wow, great debating there. You sure showed me. Were you not the guy who just described Israel as scum?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭youcrazyjesus!

What a vile act. Israel is on a par with North Korea and just as much of a pariah state. Shame on anyone justifying this in any way whatsoever. If Israeli commandos wanted to take the ships with no bloodshed that's what would have happened. The fact is they wanted to murder innocents to prove some macho point. They are a disgrace and there are about 100 civilian and military leaders in Israel who should be brought to the Hague and given long sentences for this and thousands of other civilian deaths. They are terrorists.

dan719 wrote: »
    who just described Israel as scum?

Sometimes the truth hurts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

For those just joining us & just to recap after 142 posts:

Israeli commandos stormed a humanitarian aid flotilla in international waters & slaughtered innocent, unarmed, civilians. Illegally.

One last update just in. The Israeli Ambassador to Ireland has been summoned by Michael Martin to a meeting this evening.

Sometimes the truth hurts

And sometimes idiots make gross generalisations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭youcrazyjesus!

One last update just in. The Israeli Ambassador to Ireland has been summoned by Michael Martin to a meeting this evening.

The Minister will apologise for bringing him there, no EU state shows any balls when dealing with Israel. Obama has shown far more balls.

It's time for a boycott of Israel just like there was a boycott of South Africa.

As for "they got the reaction they wanted" brigade: stop inventing such puerile, pithy little quips to justify a massacre of totally innocent people. What they wanted was to get the AID there. And go home in one piece. That in itself would have been the biggest victory they would have hoped for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Lets say all thats true, and that I agree with you (not in a million years btw).. But lets pretend... so beggars the question, why doesn't Egypt open its borders and allow aid through?. (I'm going to make the assumption you'll blaim either Israel or the American government on this one, but go ahead all the same).

Whataboutery?

1. Egypt hasn't blockaded Gaza. It has closed the Rafah crossing. Egypt has never expressed any desire to close off shipping access to Gaza.

2. Egypt has no duty of care to Gaza. They don't control their electrical and water supplies, nor their coastal waters. Israel, as a consequence of it's history of occupation and military lockdown, does.

3. It's a matter of record that when Egypt did allow border crossings and aid at Rafah (albeit unwillingly), Israel insisted that they seal the border. So it's fair enough to assign at least some blame to Israel in that situation.

4. Finally - for all it's failings, Egypt isn't in the business of killing those who engage in the crime of bringing non-military aid into contested territorial waters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

It's very simple mate. You're not arguing from a neutral standpoint therefore there should be a huge red alert with every post you make. Photos of you with the 'Israeli buddies' are widely available. So don't play dumb which only serves to derail this thread.

You're biased, end of.

Oh, I'd no idea what you were talking about - probably because you didn't either.

Your talking about my time served with UNIFIL in Lebanon right?... Erm, we were on the Israeli's side is that what your saying?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭IrishTonyO

Well then why the **** were they flying the Turkish flag? HROs strive to be independent of any country and go out of their way to be non-provocative. Name another HRO which sails at a military blockade?

Turkey wouldn't have the best track record in human rights themselves btw

Yeah why would a Turkish registered ship fly the Turkish flag???

• Advertisement

Oh, I'd no idea what you were talking about - probably because you didn't either.

Your talking about my time served with UNIFIL in Lebanon right?... Erm, we were on the Israeli's side is that what your saying?.

But I don't know what I'm talking about, I thought? No, you thought :).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement