Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Israel attacks Aid Flotilla. At least 2 dead

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭youcrazyjesus!

There were THOUSANDS of tonnes of Cargo. Be realistic.

Again, I am not trying to argue the point needlessly, if Israel wanted to kill, and wanted to confiscate the supplies...why not just sink the ships?

If that's what was required to stop the flotilla from reaching Gaza they would have done it.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Dar

The Israelis have already promised to run the supplies in overland.

I think, in the current climate, they can be held to that promise.

I think it funny to see people go on TV and claim that "This is innocent, there are no arms"

Sure.

As if a chance like this to get weapons into Gaza would be turned down.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

What about the MV Rachel Corrie, an Irish ship which is even now heading towards the blockade. Is it also carrying guns and rockets? Should Israel assault it in the middle of the night with armed commandos?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭I Drink It Up!

You have no evidence whatsoever. The boat has been inspected by Turkish authorities and independent authorities. You are doing nothing but making disingenuous claims and are being purposely inflammatory. Your posts have been reported. Enjoy the thread while you can.

Thats right. The elections in Sudan and Zimbabwe were already inspected and deemed fit.:rolleyes:

Be real. This is a filthy nasty war.

And that usually involves both side doing filthy nasty things.

Like running guns.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭paulaa

duckysauce wrote: »
    wheres the irish boat at the mo?

On it's way to Gaza

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

I do not have any proof. Only evidence.

That would make a great slogan for a t-shirt, but unfortunately - it makes for a very poor rebuttal in a debate.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

The Israelis have (.....) be turned down.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

More blather. You've no evidence at all, and the reasoning you've used thus far is specious.

Ah yes, perhaps fittingly, the Irish boat, named after that poor child, is lagging behind.:mad:

What do you mean exactly? Which child? Are you sneering at a dead child?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,154 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

yoshytoshy wrote: »
    The facts stand as before ,if the boats were made of glass and full of ice cream ,they'd still have been stopped by isreal. The isrealis are in a sense ,creating a famine like something that happened in ireland.

I'd say it more down to the simple fact that if they let these 6 humanitarian ships in past the blockades then next week there'd be 12 boats trying to get by. If you're blockading an area the logic does make sense.

Dar wrote: »
    What about the MV Rachel Corrie, an Irish ship which is even now heading towards the blockade. Is it also carrying guns and rockets? Should Israel assault it in the middle of the night with armed commandos?

Ah yes, poor Rachel.

Anyways, no...as it happens, I disagree with the stormings, especially on International Waters.

Israel is usually technically, legally wrong on most of these issues.

They should hold the boat in Israeli waters and begin offloading its cargo to another boat, inspecting it as it goes, and then turn that legitimate cargo over to the Palestinian authority.

It is unlikely the smaller ship will be carrying contraband.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Which war would that be?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Or breaking International Law like a bunch of Somali Pirates eh.

What do you mean exactly? Which child? Are you sneering at a dead child?

I am talking about the college girl who was killed by the Bulldozer. I sneered at nobody.

Thats right. The elections in Sudan and Zimbabwe were already inspected and deemed fit.:rolleyes:

Like running guns.

There were no guns. This is a fact. Not even Israel is suggesting they were smuggling weapons. It would defeat the purpose of launching the flotilla in the first place. You're being deliberately aggravating but nobody will fall for it. You're just making a fool of yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

paulaa wrote: »
    On it's way to Gaza

how friggin near ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Byron85

Like running guns.

I'm still waiting on your proof. Really. I'm holding my breath currently.

deadtiger wrote: »
    Or breaking International Law like a bunch of Somali Pirates eh.

As I said, both sides. Both sides are at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

The Israelis have already promised to run the supplies in overland.

I think, in the current climate, they can be held to that promise.

I think it funny to see people go on TV and claim that "This is innocent, there are no arms"

Sure.

As if a chance like this to get weapons into Gaza would be turned down.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Your next post will demonstrate some actual evidence for your claims that the boat was smuggling arms or I'll assume you're acting the monkey and derailing the thread accordingly, which I've no sympathy for in an emotionally charged thread like this. Your call, I don't have time for thread derailing here. As I've said more than once, as a moderator I don't care what your politics are, I only care about the level of idiocy of the posts and how they affect a reasonable discussion for both sides of an argument.

/mod

I'm still waiting on your proof. Really. I'm holding my breath currently.

Do you want evidence or proof? I see your Greek friends did a spot of the old Yank Flag burning today. Austerity indeed, Lord Byron.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭IrishTonyO

how friggin near ?

due to arrive tomorrow morning as far as I am aware

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

As I said, both sides. Both sides are at it.

So you agree that Israel broke International Law and acted like a Rogue State.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Ardent wrote: »
    Ha! This despite video footage out there clearly showing knives and metal bars being used to attack IDF soldiers on the head ship.

Yes. In international waters. IDF had no right getting on the vessel as far as I can see.

Even if they had, it would be another example of disproportionate action by the Israelis. Iron bars =/= 19 killings.

I am talking about the college girl who was killed by the Bulldozer. I sneered at nobody.

Sounds like you were. I doubt given your inflammatory replies so far that your comment about "that poor child" was sincere. Whatever her politics, laughing about somebody crushed under a bulldozer is pretty low.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

Foxtrol wrote: »
    I'd say it more down to the simple fact that if they let these 6 humanitarian ships in past the blockades then next week there'd be 12 boats trying to get by. If you're blockading an area the logic does make sense.

But besides isreal doing something illegal (blockades),these boats are internationally known to be humanitarium ships.
    Purposely designed to help people.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Dar

Ah yes, poor Rachel.

Anyways, no...as it happens, I disagree with the stormings, especially on International Waters.

Israel is usually technically, legally wrong on most of these issues.

They should hold the boat in Israeli waters and begin offloading its cargo to another boat, inspecting it as it goes, and then turn that legitimate cargo over to the Palestinian authority.

It is unlikely the smaller ship will be carrying contraband.

Wouldn't that defeat the whole purpose of these flotillas? The various organisation which sponsored these ships claim that the level and type of aid allowed into Gaza by the Israelis is not sufficient, a position supported by the UN. Why would they sail across the world with aid only to deliver it to the very people they believe are denying aid to Gaza?

deadtiger wrote: »
    So you agree that Israel broke International Law and acted like a Rogue State.

Absolutely. They have been doing this for quite some time. I never suggested otherwise.

Dar wrote: »
    Wouldn't that defeat the whole purpose of these flotillas? The various organisation which sponsored these ships claim that the level and type of aid allowed into Gaza by the Israelis is not sufficient, a position supported by the UN. Why would they sail across the world with aid only to deliver it to the very people they believe are denying aid to Gaza?

Because that's what organizations like Hamas and H'zbllah do.

They hijack the legitimate efforts of well meaning people.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

Do you want evidence or proof? I see your Greek friends did a spot of the old Yank Flag burning today. Austerity indeed, Lord Byron.:D

Is there actually a difference between proof & evidence?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

how friggin near ?

Two days away.

Máiréad and her mates will make the most of it.

Watch for Butterly getting in on the action.

Two days away.

Máiréad and her mates will make the most of it.

Watch for Butterly getting in on the action.

What the **** are you on about?

• Advertisement

Sounds like you were. I doubt given your inflammatory replies so far that your comment about "that poor child" was sincere. Whatever her politics, laughing about somebody crushed under a bulldozer is pretty low.

I never laughed at her. She is dead, and that is a pity, and I would hate to die like that. I am sorry for her. She was used and she is dead. And that is a pity. What more do you want me to say?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement