Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Israel attacks Aid Flotilla. At least 2 dead

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

dan719 wrote: »
    Eh, attempting to bypass a blockade and then attacking Iraeli commandos is a pretty sure way to get yourself killed in my book.

As makkiomi said, this was nothing more then a publicity stunt designed to provoke a reaction and then win some international favour.

they hadn't attempted to bypass a blockade.

they were in international waters.

oh ok, so attacking (allegedly) an illegal army occupying your boat in international waters with sticks and wood (allegedly), is justification to be murdered.

**** me, the israeli apologists reasoning is laughable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

But I don't know what I'm talking about, I thought? No, you thought :).

lol, try that again?.

You thought I had served in the Israeli Defence Forces didn't you?.

You really thought that, lol..

Poor fella.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭eamo12

The flotilla was warned that they would not be permitted to dock. Then they attacked Israeli commandos storming the ship! This was a martyrdom mission - no sympathy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭Glenshane Pass

lol, try that again?.

You thought I had served in the Israeli Defence Forces didn't you?.

You really thought that, lol..

Poor fella.

No, I didn't mate, you'd love that wouldn't you.
    Bye now.

No, I didn't mate, you'd love that wouldn't you.
    Bye now.

lol, well that was a larf.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭stop

for those of you just joining us...

Israeli
    commandos boarded a ship from a very dodgy group's flotilla in international waters & were attacked by armed civilians, who wanted to lynch the Israelis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

BluePlanet wrote: »
    I think these are the 8 irish people.
    Pic from breakingnews.ie
    TurkishGazaaidConvoyCrewMembers.jpg

Don't they look dangerous!

2nd from the right.........Is that Osama?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Just got a link to a video showing that the Israeli soldiers were shooting BEFORE they boarded the ship so the story that they were attacked and fired in self-defence is complete and total BULL****

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tR2GQQBGTlY

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭youcrazyjesus!

Oh, I'd no idea what you were talking about - probably because you didn't either.

Your talking about my time served with UNIFIL in Lebanon right?... Erm, we were on the Israeli's side is that what your saying?.

This is the guy who supported and justified Israel murdering his own Irish colleagues in south Lebanon. Your comments are a disgrace.

2nd from the right.........Is that Osama?.

Dangerously unfashionable, maybe too dangerous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

If the people of Gaza are suffering so much, why doesn't the democratically elected Hamas do something about caring for the people who elected them instead of buying arms and engaging in war?

Run the gauntlet, run the risk.

The people who were killed were attacking the people who were enforcing the well known exclusion zone to prevent Hamas getting any support.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

Same old names jumping to the defence of Israel.

I am Jack's complete lack of surprise.

This is the guy who supported and justified Israel murdering his own Irish colleagues in south Lebanon. Your comments are a disgrace.

Troll much?.

Where did I ever justify the murder of an Irish soldier?.

If you can't enter a debate without trying to sling sh*t and muddy the waters with lie's you shouldn't bother.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Why not just report the post Makikomi?

(and help keep the thread on topic)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭paulaa

stop wrote: »
    for those of you just joining us...

Israeli
    commandos boarded a ship from a very dodgy group's flotilla in international waters & were attacked by armed civilians, who wanted to lynch the Israelis.

Stop making yourself look silly. The world knows by now what happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

halkar wrote: »
    This is sick. Hope MV Rachel Corrie is alright around there.

Israel should be thrown out of UN with sanction by every country in the world. Let them have the taste of their own medicine :mad:

were this act committed by any other country in the region , it would be considered an act of war , can you imagine the response if iran were responsible for attacking an aid ship heading for israel

old_aussie wrote: »
    If the people of Gaza are suffering so much, why doesn't the democratically elected Hamas do something

They are. They do. History lesson: read up on why Hamas because so popular in the first place.
    about caring for the people who elected them instead of buying arms and engaging in war?

Their land is occupied. If Japan had taken over Australia during WWII you'd be fighting the Japanese, so Hamas are fighting Israel.

Israel chose to murder these people. It's commandos have the skills necessary to take the ships without loss of life. They had the option of using seriously debilitating but non-fatal weapons. The fact is they don't care, they destroyed half of Lebanon 4 years ago. They really do not care about the lives of non-Jews or it's international reputation. They are a pariah state because they know nobody can or will stand up to them.

The people who were killed were attacking the people who were enforcing the well known exclusion zone to prevent Hamas getting any support.

Wrong. They were enforcing a blockade to keep out pencils, chocolate and other items to stop the people of Gaza enjoying a decent, normal life. They do this (aside from senior Israelis having some psychotic, sadistic tendecy to punish people for real or imagined crimes) to punish the Gazans for voting for Hamas and make life so intolerable there that at a crucial moment in the future Gazans will choose to leave and Israel will get all of the land it wants. Just like during it's foundation.

Zulu wrote: »
    Why not just report the post Makikomi?

(and help keep the thread on topic)

I've reported both as trolls and for making personal attacks.

And your right I'd rather keep this on topic, sorry I'm guilty for rising to provocation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭Glenshane Pass

If the people of Gaza are suffering so much, why doesn't the democratically elected Hamas do something about caring for the people who elected them instead of buying arms and engaging in war?

What a joke, you know nothing about Hamas, or the reasons for which they were elected. Don't bull**** until you do so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Why, because you find it easier to believe the Israeli's are always in the wrong?.]

Well, they are the ones building the colonies in the West Bank and Arab East Jerusalem.....
    I'll refer you back to Col.Kemps address ]

...and that justifies anything how?
    jimit wrote:
    I'm curious myself as to the definition of what murder is in sharia law countries tbh.]

Because thats o so relevant here.
    jimit wrote:

rather than a rag-tag bunch of people on a number of ships, some with a distinct Islamic agenda..]

...I think yours is starting to show.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

B0jangles wrote: »
    Just got a link to a video showing that the Israeli soldiers were shooting BEFORE they boarded the ship so the story that they were attacked and fired in self-defence is complete and total BULL****

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tR2GQQBGTlY

can't understand a word of it.......where's the evidence?

Troll much?.

Where did I ever justify the murder of an Irish soldier?.

If you can't enter a debate without trying to sling sh*t and muddy the waters with lie's you shouldn't bother.

The truth hurts doesn't it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

See the start? No soldiers on board but evidence of gunshot injury and blood all over a smashed window.

Unless those pesky aid workers shot themselves to make Israel look bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

I just woke up to read the news. I'm heartbroken.

Lies !!! The ship was in International waters. The commandos shot unarmed people who then tried to defend themselves. Hamas or the Gazans can do nothing while Israel has them in this stranglehold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 634 ✭✭✭Euroland

eamo12 wrote: »
    The flotilla was warned that they would not be permitted to dock. Then they attacked Israeli commandos storming the ship! This was a martyrdom mission - no sympathy.

Ha-ha, a complete bull****, only an idiot would beleive it. Israel is a terrorist state, and should be sanctioned for that.

The truth hurts doesn't it.

Show me where I done anything of the kind.

I come on here and I'm honest with the forum, foolishly I expect other's to do likewise and not hide behind cowardly accusations and the annominity of an internet username.

Your actions are cowardly and I doubt they have the respect of the forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

B0jangles wrote: »
    See the start? No soldiers on board but evidence of gunshot injury and blood all over a smashed window.

Unless those pesky aid workers shot themselves to make Israel look bad.

I thought the Israelis claimed they boarded the ship after they were attacked by gunfire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

k_mac wrote: »
    I thought the Israelis claimed they boarded the ship after they were attacked by gunfire.

They can claim all they like, video evidence shows differently.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement