Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Israel attacks Aid Flotilla. At least 2 dead

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Byron85

bambooze wrote: »
    No, actual flak jackets (not orange lifejackets) were also found.

And??? It is the Middle East that the flotilla was going into in case you didn't realise. You'd be slightly remiss if you didn't have a flack-jacket on while walking around Gaza when it's plainly obvious that you're white or not of Palestinian extraction etc. The point is moot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

Are you kidding me? Gas masks, flak jackets, metal bars possibly cut from the railings or something like that (with all those cutting machines also found - see earlier photos), wooden clubs, a large array of knives (not just kitchen knives!), petrol bombs and more.. yes all the things one expects to find just lying around on a ship in the middle of the sea. This was planned, they were prepared for fighting.

I think you should stop before you go too far into fantasy, and we have to watch you claiming there were mortars and IDEs. We've all seen the pictures of the 'sophisticated weapons'.

regards,
    Scofflaw

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

No, actual flak jackets (not orange lifejackets) were also found.

If your going to make wild statements of fact, provide a bit of proof. I've seen no reports of flak-jackets. I have seen the videos with many people wearing life jackets however.

Besides, since when did it become a crime to wear a bullet proof vest anyway? Are they classed as some sort of offensive weapon now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Are you kidding (......)ere prepared for fighting.

Repeating the same lines over and over will not and does not make them true.

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭omega666

IrishTonyO wrote: »
    think you will find the flak jackets are life vests that are onboard every ship

also how were they going to use gas masks to attack the IDF, throw them at them!?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭bambooze

Mr.Micro wrote: »
    The IDF were the intruders whose intent was unknown

They were given multiple warnings, the intent was known - military action (another clue being that they were trying to run a military blockade!) and as everyone here has made abundantly clear, israel always murders people, always shoots first, never cares about the law or human rights etc etc.. so given these widely known "facts" about israel and the IDF, what kind of retarded numbskull would expect something like this not to happen when running an IDF blockade?

omega666 wrote: »
    also how were they going to use gas masks to attack the IDF, throw them at them!?

Generally the idea would be to enable them to keep fighting in the event of tear gas being used..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,241 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Everything I have seen points to some on board the aid flotilla willing to defend themselves against an Israeli attack. It is a warped world if the defenders of an attack are portrayed as the guilty!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭IrishTonyO

They were given multiple warnings, the intent was known - military action (another clue being that they were trying to run a military blockade!) and as everyone here has made abundantly clear, israel always murders people, always shoots first, never cares about the law or human rights etc etc.. so given these widely known "facts" about israel and the IDF, what kind of retarded numbskull would expect something like this not to happen when running an IDF blockade?

They were not at the time running an IDF blockade the were in international waters. Maybe if you repeat the words International Waters a few 100 times more, than has already been said here, it might stick with you

karma_ wrote: »
    If your going to make wild statements of fact, provide a bit of proof. I've seen no reports of flak-jackets. I have seen the videos with many people wearing life jackets however.

Besides, since when did it become a crime to wear a bullet proof vest anyway? Are they classed as some sort of offensive weapon now?

http://idfspokesperson.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/jpg_0353.jpg

• Advertisement

Oops.. bit of a big image there, sorry.

Anyway more pics here, including night vision gear..

http://idfspokesperson.com/2010/06/02/photos-of-bullet-proof-vests-sawn-off-rods-night-vision-goggles-and-rifle-scope-found-on-mavi-marmara-2-june-2010/

Yes yes I know its from the IDF therefore none of you will believe it so I'm just banging my head against the wall as usual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

It is a warped world if the defenders of an attack are portrayed as the guilty!

Standard operating procedure for Israel according to an article I linked to earlier.
    The slaughter of civilians is justified as a military necessity or somehow the fault of the other side. Opponents are demonised as bloodthirsty terrorists. Comforted by such benign accounts of their activities, Israeli leaders are consumed by arrogance because they come to believe they have never made a mistake. Denial that errors have occurred makes it extremely difficult to sack generals or ministers, however gross their incompetence or record of failure.

http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion/commentators/patrick-cockburn-pr-dangerously-distorts-the-israeli-sense-of-reality-1988977.html

They were not at the time running an IDF blockade the were in international waters. Maybe if you repeat the words International Waters a few 100 times more, than has already been said here, it might stick with you

You want to claim they had no intent to run the blockade despite them saying they would? Their intent was clear, that is undeniable.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

dlofnep wrote: »
    No, he's wondering - like every single major news outlet - why Israel hasn't released a full video of the event, rather than putting out edited videos that only show particular segments of the skirmish.

Depends on what people want. I think it's within Israel's best interests to release everything up to the start of the shooting. They'd be insane to release the video of the shooting itself, because no matter what is shown to have happened, within ten minutes of the Israelis releasing the video containing the shooting, there are going to be anti-Israeli videos made which completely snip off everything before then and just show the shooting.

NTM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Yes yes I know its from the IDF therefore none of you will believe it so I'm just banging my head against the wall as usual.

Well, you've been doing it for 143 posts. That and nothing else, it would seem.

If somebody posts something from a Palestinian supporter, would you give it the time of day?

http://idfspokesperson.com/2010/06/02/photos-of-bullet-proof-vests-sawn-off-rods-night-vision-goggles-and-rifle-scope-found-on-mavi-marmara-2-june-2010/

But they are not weapons plus your right given the lies and rubbish being spouted by the Israeli authorities to cover their asses collectively and individually after an operation that is a complete and utter fiasco I think most people would find it very hard to believe anything coming from official channels in Israel.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

So you have just justified the actions of the IDF and that they intended to kill from the start, people who did not have guns and were unarmed. Clearly then the IDF can do as they like in Israeli territory but this was international waters. What if every country behaved like that? Israel needs new leaders fast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 980 ✭✭✭stevedublin

Joe Biden, the American vice-president, said that Israel was right to stop the flotilla from delivering "aid" to Gaza.

Israel 6
    Hamas 0

Everything I have seen points to some on board the aid flotilla willing to defend themselves against an Israeli attack. It is a warped world if the defenders of an attack are portrayed as the guilty!

Who was defending who? A flotilla of 6 ships trying to break an israeli blockade so they could bring supplies to a terrorist organization which is at war with israel..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

Joe Biden, the American vice-president, said that Israel was right to stop the flotilla from delivering "aid" to Gaza.

Israel 6
    Hamas 0

More like;

anti-humanitarians- 1
    humanitarians - 0

Sad day when we legitimise the decision to stop 'aid' as the correct one.

• Advertisement

Nodin wrote: »
    If somebody posts something from a Palestinian supporter, would you give it the time of day?

Isn't that basically 99% of the other posters in this thread now anyway?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

Generally the idea would be to enable them to keep fighting in the event of tear gas being used..

Or, you know, just so as not to have to enjoy the effects so much maybe?

amused,
    Scofflaw

You want to claim they had no intent to run the blockade despite them saying they would? Their intent was clear, that is undeniable.

Intent is not action, why did IDF not wait until they were in Israel/Israeli controlled waters?? I reckon because as usual the Israelis think they can act in any manner they want breaking whatever laws they want with impunity, because they have an inbuilt victim complex even when they are the aggressors. At least this time the world seems to have woken up, Israel has lost some allies, strained relations with other allies and caused the condemnation of the world. And you know what? IT IS ALL THEIR OWN FAULT, Their government does not do a good good job of furthering their cause/s at all. It alienates friendly nations, causes enemies to build up more hatred and supporters. They are primarily responsible for all these problems. I am sure they are sections of Israeli society who despair at these actions, but their government storms ahead anyway.

Isn't that basically 99% of the other posters in this thread now anyway?

Not necessarily. The majority of posters see that a crime was committed by Israel using the excuse of defence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭halkar

Are you trolling? Do you know that ambulance and medical crews as well as aid workers wear these in Gaza that is attacked daily by Israelis? Red Crescent is same as Red Cross.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,241 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Who was defending who? A flotilla of 6 ships trying to break an israeli blockade so they could bring supplies to a terrorist organization which is at war with israel..

They were attacked in international waters.. I know this is an alien concept so you will have to try and understand. If attacked, it is legitimate to defend yourself.

They were looking to bring supplies to the people of Gaza - interesting that you also approve of collective punishment of a population because you do not agree with who they vote for. Geneva Convention and all that other alien concept stuff.

Israel 6
    Hamas 0

very strange that he supports it when he and his country through the UN have already condemned it

Intent is not action,

Express an intent to kill the president, see how that works out for you.
    why did IDF not wait until they were in Israel/Israeli controlled waters??
    I dont know but some interpretations of the law seem to suggest that they were within rights due to the expressed intent to run the blockade, or something like that.

how many times do people have to tell you Israel is not in a state of war, they even say so themselves

• Advertisement

Express an intent to kill the president, see how that works out for you.

Which President?

I dont know but some interpretations of the law seem to suggest that they were within rights due to the expressed intent to run the blockade, or something like that.

You don't know?

Which Interpretations?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement