Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap Sat Nav

Options
  • 31-05-2010 7:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,845 ✭✭✭✭

Hi lads,

I'm looking for a cheap sat nav that has a map for italy.
    Going on thursday so probably need a bricks and mortar store or would take second hand.
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Mini Driver

are there any brands that should be avoided like the plague??

There seems to be quite a few cheap options out there!! That Navman one posted above looks good value. Has any1 used it? Is it any use?

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭richardw001

I picked up a Tom Tom in Halfords yesterday for 91 euros as a gift for someone.
    - If you ask - they usually have clearance Garmins and Tom Toms.
    - On the one I got the maps are year old however they are probably better value than either a bad/lesser known make (or a full price Tom tom or Garmin)

Roads don't change that much in a year - so its a bit of a con in my opinion. paying extra for up to date ones. - Much better value to upgrade the maps after a couple of years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭k123456

With Garmins, possible the same with Tom Tom's etc, you are entitled to one free map upgrade within 90 days of the unit being turned on and finding a sat

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Name Changed

Wait until Tesco have a sale. I got a brilliant little Garmin one for €44 a while ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭richardw001

k123456 wrote: »
    With Garmins, possible the same with Tom Tom's etc, you are entitled to one free map upgrade within 90 days of the unit being turned on and finding a sat

Not with clearance ones I dont think ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

my local Tesco have some Tom Toms on sale at 25% off at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Mini Driver

Dilbert75 wrote: »
    my local Tesco have some Tom Toms on sale at 25% off at the moment.

Any idea how much they are going for Dilbert?

Advertisement