Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Costa Coffee Letterkenny Rip-off

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭puffdragon

Ok ! so we seem to have established that there are different prices being charged for "coffee" all over the land ,how does that justify a "chat room" having a thread title which clearly brands a single premises as being a rip-off. I can only repeat my initial complaint and appeal to the moderators and everyone that in the interests of fairness then the title of the thread should be changed now to something a bit less one sided,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,199 ✭✭✭✭muffler

puffdragon wrote: »
    Ok ! so we seem to have established that there are different prices being charged for "coffee" all over the land ,how does that justify a "chat room" having a thread title which clearly brands a single premises as being a rip-off. I can only repeat my initial complaint and appeal to the moderators and everyone that in the interests of fairness then the title of the thread should be changed now to something a bit less one sided,
    Do you have a vested interest in the premises or connected in any way?

You can PM me about this if you wish.

My only interest is in fair play.I am not related to or even know any of its employees and I have only been to the place twice!. Since I have been to the "Costa Coffee" a couple of times now I think I have a fair Idea of what their business model is and what their trying to achieve , and its not your bog standard coffee shop, If you wanted to go out for meal you would ring round the restaurants before you leave to find out how much they were charging for a table or their lunch menu, wouldn't you ,yes well if you did go to one of these restaurants for a dinner and was charged over the odds you would be quite rightly annoyed but as the prices are clearly displayed on the menu before you start then you don't really have an argument do you! Now how is it fair for someone to brand an establishment which has gone to a lot of trouble in its Italian themed design and architecture, (very well done I might add) to be charged what is clearly written on the menu and then say " oh it's a rip-off"
    I am also sick of people running down every entrepreneurial effort. Every business in letterkenny should be given our support not our criticism , of course if a business clearly on several occasions has been seen to be overcharging or using service charging or something which with more than one persons evidence can be rightly established as bad practice then I would support anyone wanting to highlight that kind of trickery, but as the thread proves there is a fairly even agreement so far that the Costa Coffee is a nice well thought out Italian themed restaurant which serves good coffee at a price which is clearly displayed on a big board behind the counter and also on the menus on the tables , how then is it right that "Boards " a national debating forum should be allowed to brand the place as "a rip-off" " Boards" and its moderators should be made to apologise to the proprietors of this restaurant for what is clearly unfair branding of a legitimately run business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

puffdragon wrote: »
    My only interest is in fair play.I am not related to or even know any of its employees and I have only been to the place twice!. Since I have been to the "Costa Coffee" a couple of times now I think I have a fair Idea of what their business model is and what their trying to achieve , and its not your bog standard coffee shop, If you wanted to go out for meal you would ring round the restaurants before you leave to find out how much they were charging for a table or their lunch menu, wouldn't you ,yes well if you did go to one of these restaurants for a dinner and was charged over the odds you would be quite rightly annoyed but as the prices are clearly displayed on the menu before you start then you don't really have an argument do you! Now how is it fair for someone to brand an establishment which has gone to a lot of trouble in its Italian themed design and architecture, (very well done I might add) to be charged what is clearly written on the menu and then say " oh it's a rip-off"
    I am also sick of people running down every entrepreneurial effort. Every business in letterkenny should be given our support not our criticism , of course if a business clearly on several occasions has been seen to be overcharging or using service charging or something which with more than one persons evidence can be rightly established as bad practice then I would support anyone wanting to highlight that kind of trickery, but as the thread proves there is a fairly even agreement so far that the Costa Coffee is a nice well thought out Italian themed restaurant which serves good coffee at a price which is clearly displayed on a big board behind the counter and also on the menus on the tables , how then is it right that "Boards " a national debating forum should be allowed to brand the place as "a rip-off" " Boards" and its moderators should be made to apologise to the proprietors of this restaurant for what is clearly unfair branding of a legitimately run business.

I actully did LOL when reading your post! You take things way too serious... The whole idea of boards is that its used for discussing things and it gives people a chance to give their opinions, just as much as your entitled to give your opinion, so is everyone else in this thread (who happen to think the place is a rip off, which it is when you compair it to other coffe outlets in the town).

I personally wouldn't care if the place was made out of 24 caret gold its still too overpriced in a recessionary market (although if you beleive the government we are out of it now :rolleyes:).

***Sits down and waits for first muffler and then Des to come on here and apoligise (with 2 cups of McDonalds coffee because i know i will be waiting a while, lol)***

***Sits down and waits for first muffler and then Des to come on here and apoligise (with 2 cups of McDonalds coffee because i know i will be waiting a while, lol)***

They dont have to appologise to us ,maybe to the owners of the coffee shop though?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭North_West_Art

Costa Coffee is an Italian owned franchise, I just looked them up on google... and there are a few other threads on different forums where people have found them to be expensive. I took a quick look at their franchise recommendations; it may be an indication of why it seems an expensive place

http://www.costa.co.uk/uk_franchise.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭creaghadoos

bums on seats are what dictates the price in all of these places.

they will charge as much as they can while people still come through their doors.

i generally don't go into these coffee shops because i find their coffee no better than some of the petrol station instant machines

where in letterkenny would i go for a real decent coffee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

where in letterkenny would i go for a real decent coffee

my mates house

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Someone asked about Ken Horton?

There are two in Donegal that I know of.. One in the petrol station on the Killybegs road just past the row of shops ..

One in Ballybofey in the news shop almost opposite McIlhinneys

For excellent coffee and even better home baking, try the "Potting Shed" at the Ash Tree Garden Centre; reasonably priced too.. Mind you they used to treat me..;)

A friend in the US sends us Folgers singles coffee bags so now it it threeof them in a thermos on market days.

Advertisement