Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wahl Dog clipper

• 31-05-2010 11:09am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭

Hello, I am thinking of getting one of these for cutting my dogs hair:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wahl-Multi-Mains-Clipper-Instructional/dp/B000PTQ5HS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=garden&qid=1275300280&sr=8-1

I have two dogs, a mini schnauzer and poodle/schnauzer cross. i have a clipper that runs on battery when charged, but it is rubbish, the battery loses power very quickly and it wont run on mains at all. that is why i would prefer a mains operated one.

has anyone ever used the Wahl Dog Clipper, what do you think of it? or does any one know of any other one that they use that they find good?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

abbey2000 wrote: »
    Hello, I am thinking of getting one of these for cutting my dogs hair:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wahl-Multi-Mains-Clipper-Instructional/dp/B000PTQ5HS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=garden&qid=1275300280&sr=8-1

I have two dogs, a mini schnauzer and poodle/schnauzer cross. i have a clipper that runs on battery when charged, but it is rubbish, the battery loses power very quickly and it wont run on mains at all. that is why i would prefer a mains operated one.

has anyone ever used the Wahl Dog Clipper, what do you think of it? or does any one know of any other one that they use that they find good?

Thanks.

Hi there i use...

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8706519/Trail/searchtext%3EDOG+CLIPPERS.htm

im sure there are very smiliar... I have a cocker and find the clippers great... if only my dog was a better client!! He's not too keen on sitting for long periods of time :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭morganafay

I have an argos one too, but it was cheaper than that one and I can't find it on the site, it was kinda like the one on amazon I'd say.

I find it good, mains powered is way better than battery powered (I have both). It's not a professional one of course, but it works fine just for pets. I used to use it on my dogs (now they have long hair) and it worked fine. :)

I do dog grooming, and professional clippers obviously are better but they're really expensive, so for your own pet then it's not really worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

I use the wahl clippers, they are fine, I use them on a Tibetan terrier and a Lhasa Apso, as well as a friends wire haired terrier once.
    Do make sure the dogs are well brushed and washed first as any dirt wreaks the blades. Always clean and oil as per instructions and they should keep going for a while.
    So far mine have lasted a year with 2 monthly, sometimes more often trims.
    Oh and they take a bit of practice to use so start with the longest blade and then the next and so on until you get the desired length and the hang of it, "cos once its gone its gone:p

Its the argos set I have too, comes with all the bits you need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭morganafay

Oh and you might already know this, but always clip in the direction of hair growth, and keep the clipper blade flat to the skin, for an even cut. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Ms Doubtfire1

I have(had) one. it went the way of all things unusable.bloody thing would get stuck or stop shaving on my old collie.Glad i don't need one anymore.:-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,054 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Aldi had one the other week - I've no idea how good it is though!
    https://www.aldi.ie/pet-grooming-kit/p/093327045688900

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Folks... For the love of all that's holy, why was a thread on dog clippers resurrected after 6 years?
    Please folks, check the dates of threads you're thinking of posting on especially when you've found the thread through the search function.
    Thread closed,
    DBB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement