Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kids Horse/Pony Summer Camp Kildare/Newbridge/Naas

Options
  • 31-05-2010 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭

Looking to get my little one in to a Pony/horse camp in June and or July,ideally one that deals with the maintenance and upkeep of the horses as opposed to just climbing up on the sadlle ;),has anyone got a recommendation for the above areas?
    I`d prefer to keep localish and not having to travel to Kill.
    I`m 5 minutes from the Curragh.
    Must be a few with all them horses around us :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

I googled a few equestrian centres and this is what came up for me. The Irish Field Directory also have a list, but you need to register on their website to have a look at it.

A lot of equestrian centres run summer camps for children, but they vary in their focus regarding riding and teaching proper care for the ponies, so the best thing would be to contact individual schools and see if they run any such camps, and what way the time is split between riding and stable management.

You could also try asking on the equestrian forum - someone there may know of some courses being run.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Gregsor

Thanks Convert,i will follow up on that advice.

Something on the lines of the maintenance and riding is mainly what we are looking for,she is getting old enough know for some nitty gritty hands on work plus the enjoyment.

Horse mad she is.

Greg.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭granturismo

Stable management (aimed at an age and expereince appropriate level), is included in any pony camp my children have attended. These riding schools are all the same distance as Kill from the Curragh so probably no use to you.

Try here for AIRE approved schools in Co Kildare
    http://www.aire.ie/index.php?option=com_k2&view=itemlist&task=category&id=10:co-kildare&Itemid=196

Advertisement