Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Extra Opening in Naas In Autumn,Good or Bad?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭MaceFace

djimi wrote: »
    Yeah I can see Supervalu in Sallins getting affected unfortunately. Shame really as its probably the best supermarket in the area. Then again they have a decent bakery and butcher counter so unless Tescos can match them then they make keep a lot of their clientelle.

Crikey.
    I loved it when SuperValu opened - a deceent supermarket so close to home, but I almost never go there now. The quality of the veg is unbelieveable. I have never seen worse anywhere - and it is consistently bad as sometimes I had to buy veg there when I was in a rush.
    I am also sick of being overcharged - again, the only place where I am consistently overcharged. It is a total joke. You always have to check your receipt and so often I have had to go back.
    I know other shops make mistakes, but nothing on the scale of this place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭91011

BuffyBot wrote: »
    Superquinn are moving to the old school site on the Limerick Rd, so I doubt it.

They were, but the market has changed and everything is up in the air.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Gregsor

Got some good vouchers off the posty today:D,addressed To the Householder,
    Spend E30 on your grocery shopping and get E10 off,one for each of the 4 weeks of November,happy days.
    Even better i live on a double residence and i got 2 sets :D
    I probably won't bother going down though till the dust settles a bit,seriously i was coming through Sallins last Friday evening and i dread to see what impact it will have on an already terrible peak time traffic situation,i pity the locals.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Even better i live on a double residence and i got 2 sets

If you're a clubcard holder, expect more in the post..

If you're a clubcard holder, expect more in the post..

Why did you get some card specific?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Gregsor wrote: »
    Got some good vouchers off the posty today:D,addressed To the Householder,
    Spend E30 on your grocery shopping and get E10 off,one for each of the 4 weeks of November,happy days.
    Even better i live on a double residence and i got 2 sets :D
    I probably won't bother going down though till the dust settles a bit,seriously i was coming through Sallins last Friday evening and i dread to see what impact it will have on an already terrible peak time traffic situation,i pity the locals.

You and me both... The traffic in that area is already a complete mess in the evening; Id love to meet the genius who decided it would be a great idea to make it a whole lot worse...

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭annie.t

Im wondering if lidl's store be affected by this?

Gregsor wrote: »
    Why did you get some card specific?

Yup, €30 off when you spend €150 or more in Tesco Extra.

annie.t wrote: »
    Im wondering if lidl's store be affected by this?

Affected, yes (obviously)..badly? I don't think so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

Yup, €30 off when you spend €150 or more in Tesco Extra.

I got 2 set of coupons.
    One set addressed to me by name. (club card holder)
    Another addressed to the householder.

New customers get the 10e with 30e or over spent.

Long term Tescos customers only get 6e off with 65e spent or over spent.

I approached my missis about this, who is management in the new store.

It is an attempt to attract Supervalue and Superquinn customers into the Tesco fold.

But as a long term customer I feel a bit let down tbh.

As for traffic. I got myself a motorbike :D I recommend it to everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭whowantstwoknow

gsxr1 wrote: »
    I got 2 set of coupons.

It is an attempt to attract Supervalue and Superquinn customers into the Tesco fold.

I'd like to see how you'll pack the shopping on the back of your bike!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Was in the new Tesco this morning. It's really lovely, but it was packed. Was kinda difficult to get around with the trolley. Love the supermarket though, one of the nicest branches of Tesco I have ever been in. :)

I was going to head down for a looksee this morning but figured it would be packed alright! I might head down later tonight.

Its 24 hours I presume yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

It is 24 hour, yeah :)

Mr Dunnestores has matched the E10 a week for the month of November off when you spend E30,got my vouchers this morning.
    Nice E20 off my groceries till the end of this month.
    Hope they are gearing up for the Christmas battle too :D

traffic is nuts. carpark full and line of cars waiting to get in. If you need to do your shopping, i would leave it till tomorrow.

Tried going a few minutes ago; traffic was so bad and car park so full I just turned around and went back out! I might see if it has quietened down later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭mobpd

I got 2 set of coupons.

I got a set of 10E off 50E spend for my clubcard
    Looks like they issued different sets of discounts for different clubcard holders...

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭God Father

I got 2 set of coupons.

What bike have you got? I saw a vespa like bike coming out of tesco around 6:10. Shopping bags around the feet and all :)

God Father wrote: »
    What bike have you got? I saw a vespa like bike coming out of tesco around 6:10. Shopping bags around the feet and all :)

Vespa. Dear god NO that was not me!!! LOL
    :eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭rondeco

had a quick pop in at 1am and was suitably impressed! It's huge! And there's loads of staff working! Including one exceptionally attractive one!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

Its a great store and a good place to do a bit of xmas shopping at 2 am with no crowds to worry about. There is a good kids toys section and at decent prices and some decent stocking fillers for under a fiver.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭whowantstwoknow

Does anybody know if they propose to provide access to the M7 southbound at that small roundabout before the carpark.

Great store...good to see tesco spend their billions!!

W.

Does anybody know if they propose to provide access to the M7 southbound at that small roundabout before the carpark.

W.

I would doubt it,that section of the N7 is already a very congested dangerous spot from the Naas exit down to the Mondello one.
    Was in yesterday and i really liked it,i still think no matter how big the aisles are people still want to put up roadblock style barricades and hold other shoppers up:(

And i got a wobbly wheeled trolley!

It was easy to get in and out of the carpark and that was at 3pm which i was surprised but quite happy.

Rant over :D

W.

I very much doubt it to be honest. You cant just willy-nilly put access roads to a motorway!

Was in yesterday and i really liked it,i still think no matter how big the aisles are people still want to put up roadblock style barricades and hold other shoppers up

Honestly, I nearly kicked a couple of shoppers today. 3 of them, with trolleys, standing at the intersection, so effectifvely blocking 4 directions of traffic while they had a natter..and that was only one set!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭MaceFace

Honestly, I nearly kicked a couple of shoppers today. 3 of them, with trolleys, standing at the intersection, so effectifvely blocking 4 directions of traffic while they had a natter..and that was only one set!

Thats what happens in Shopping centers in provisional towns - meet the neighbours, have a chat.
    People have to realise they are in a multinational conglomerate where the order of the day is get in, grab your stuff, hand over a wad of cash and get out.
    Tesco and community spirit should not be entwined.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

Their is a proposed junction onto the M7 at Osberstown, second or third roundabout on the Millennium Link Road i think. Not sure what stage its at or if it will even go ahead!

EvilMonkey wrote: »
    Their is a proposed junction onto the M7 at Osberstown, second or third roundabout on the Millennium Link Road i think. Not sure what stage its at or if it will even go ahead!

What would be the point of that...?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Chriscl1

djimi wrote: »
    What would be the point of that...?

It would save people heading from Dublin to sallins having to sit on the monread road for half an hour for a start.

Advertisement