Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buffalo Wings in Dublin

Options
  • 31-05-2010 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭

I adore the Hot Buffalo Chicken Wings in the Elephant and Castle in the Temple Bar, but it tends to get very busy in there and not always possible to get a table.

I have tried some other places like the Woolshed and Captain Americas, and in fairness I would give them the thumbs up as well.

Where else do good Buffalo Wings of the hot variety in Dublin?

I have heard Luigi Malones does good ones as well.

Where is your favourite place?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭judas101

Bridge Bar does great ones.

It's a bit far out, down by Grand Canal dock.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭happyfriday

Soho on Georges street are pretty good and TriBeCa in Ranelagh are awesome!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jimi_t2

Scien wrote: »
    Haven't had them but my mates are constantly on about the ones in Tribeca in Ranelagh. Supposed to be funreal.

A bit acidic, but damn good.

They did wings,wedges, a bowl of salad and blue cheese dip for a tenner during the week; some sort of 3 in 1 thing. Think its gone up to about 12 now, but its well recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭revz

And people came to the conclusion: http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055623175
    It's Frank's hot sauce if you wanted to have a go at making them yourself. There's a few recipes on how to make them in that thread, it's pretty much some of the original sauce and some butter in a pan, heat it up and pour over wings. Tried it myself, had deep fried wings with the sauce and am nearlly completely sure it was the same as the wings i had in captain america's. People have also said its what they use in E&C.
    Other than that think all the above restaraunts were mentioned in the thread too so that's where you're most likely to find them :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Not Dublin City Centre but the Thirsty Bull in Tyrellstown does the best chicken wings ever. They also serve the hottest wings in the country too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Cool Mo D

The Porterhouse does nice hot wings too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

The summit up in howth do pretty mean wings, same as e&c, but more and cheaper. Also, I'd highly recommend the scotch bonnet in malahide village (where vinny vanucci's used to be). They're hot wings, but they don't use franks sauce, so it's nice for a bit of variety.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Pot Noodle =

TGIF in Blanch or Stephen Green get the Jack Daniel's Chicken Wings they are super

• Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

Kafka in Rathmines village do lovely wings. Nice little restraunt too, just across the road from Slattery's. Just down from the Xtra-vision.

-Funk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

Thanks for all the suggestions guys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭Lillylilly

If you're going on a day trip to Howth any day (lovely in the summer), The Top House/ Krugers do lovely buffalo wings. They're quite tabasco-y but yummy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

Eddie Rockets do nice wings. They would probably spice them up if asked.

*Kol* wrote: »

= Empty Pockets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

*Kol* wrote: »

Nah their wings are mediocre at best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

IFI used ot do gorgeous chicken wings,just like the E+C ones,but the last time I was in there they were manky! Food in the IFI seems to have taken a nosedive since they done it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭derra_121

The summit up in howth do pretty mean wings, same as e&c, but more and cheaper. Also, I'd highly recommend the scotch bonnet in malahide village (where vinny vanucci's used to be). They're hot wings, but they don't use franks sauce, so it's nice for a bit of variety.

Totally agree the Summit in Howth plus its a great spot for an ice cole Bulmers on a sunny day too

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭jcrowbar

If you're willing to make the trip out to Harolds Cross, then I highly recommend Buffalo 19.

Best wings I've ever had!

jcrowbar wrote: »
    If you're willing to make the trip out to Harolds Cross, then I highly recommend Buffalo 19.

Best wings I've ever had!

Where abouts in HC

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Chriscl1

Pot wrote:
    Where abouts in HC
    opposite the maxol petrol station. fantastic wings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Cool Mo D wrote: »
    The Porterhouse does nice hot wings too.

+1

Chriscl1 wrote: »

Near the old cinema

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Canal Bank Cafe at the top of Leeson Street do DELISH chicken wings with blue-cheese sauce. OMG they are so nyum, making me hungry!:pac

http://www.tribeca.ie/cbc_pages/cbc_index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Flimbos

TGI's with the Jack Daniels sauce get my vote.

Flimbos wrote: »
    TGI's with the Jack Daniels sauce get my vote.

A convert:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭MissHoneyBun

Luigi Malones. End of.

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Chriscl1

Pot wrote:
    Near the old cinema
    yeah just a few doors up

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭APM

big blue in howth does excellent wings too....on par with elephant and castle imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Jennyfer

TGI's Jack Daniels Wings...droooool....unbelievable. I could live on them, yum!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭funlovintapir

Chriscl1 wrote: »

Agreed. Buffalo 19 in general is absolutely delicious. I love the wings. I live just opposite and its always packed.

Pravda do good wings too.

Advertisement