Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need some light...

• 31-05-2010 11:43am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭

Hey, I'm working on some stop motion stuff and I need proper lightning to keep the set evenly lit at all times. I looked in a camera store for some lights and they were horrendously expensive (600eur or something like that). So was wondering do ye guys know any way to keep your set evenly lit up and where can I find some cheap light sources which I could get for say under 50eur.

Its a very small set so I don't need powerful lights, two small ones will do but I don't know where I can find the right ones and hoping ye guys could help me a bit here...

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Woodies? halogen dimmers lights would work great in a small set for continous light

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Two desk lamps maybe?

As long as there's no other light interfering it should stay pretty evenly lit?

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

Maybe Argos too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

dazftw wrote: »
    Two desk lamps maybe?

As long as there's no other light interfering it should stay pretty evenly lit?

Would it matter what bulbs I use? Like yellow light vs white light...

And ye guys know a good way to keep any other light from interfering with the set... My set is right by the window so its lit by daylight during day time and I get this flickering as the exposure on my camera changes with the changing light. It makes it look like an old school video, good for b/w retro stuff but not good for anything else...

Just to point I'm using a green screen as well so I'ld prefer diffused light with no shadows...

White balance will sort out the yellow vs white, move the set or cover the window

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

They have cheap and fully adjustable (position wise) desk lamps in the flat-pack store from €6 (without the light bulb). Create soft boxes using thin paper, light modulators from cartons and here you go.

Here is one picture of such lamp that makes my life boring and miserable - I use it when I pretend to study a bit...

C5A16958FBEB458C886A1CC0416083C4.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭DotOrg

where can I find some cheap light sources which I could get for say under 50eur.

maybe try a lamp shade like this:

paper-ball-lampshade.jpg

should give reasonably even light for a cheap price. bigger the better as the larger it is, the more diffuse (and thus even) the light will be

Advertisement