Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming events at The Model

Options
  • 31-05-2010 12:17pm
    Company Representative Posts: 10 Verified rep

Hi Everyone,

Thought I'd let you know of some upcoming events, festivals and exhibitions taking place at The Model during the summer and autumn here in Sligo.

Exhibitions (free admission always)
    • Dorm - currently running upstairs in The Model until July 4th
    • Portraits from The Niland Collection - currently running until July 11th
    • Jack B. Yeats: The Outsider - July 25th- October 3rd. This major survey exhibition of Jack B Yeats promises to bring many of his great masterpieces together for the first time in almost 40 years
    • Angelology - Ilya and Emilia Kabakov. Following a major retrospective exhibition at the Louvre, Paris, the Kabakovs will join us in Sligo for a new large-scale installation project. 24th October 16th January 2011.
    Music (ticketed events-please click through for details)
    • Duke Special - Sun June 6th. Belfast artist with an unique sound, often referred to as “vaudeville.”
    • Tucan - Sat June 12th Sligo's own instrumental, acoustic-guitar based group
    Film
    Last week our new digital screen was installed in The Model's new performance space, we very excited about this, and looking forward to showing some of the IFI's film programme as well as....

• Lightbox- A brand new Animation Film Festival taking place June 19th and 20th at The Model in association with the Darklight Film Festival and Synth Eastwood. Full details here
    Opening hours
    Tue – Sat: 11am – 5:30pm
    Thu: Late until 8pm
    Sun: 12 – 5pm

Other news from The Model:
    • Our local artists have moved into the artists studios upstairs, we'll send out some info about them once they are all settled, and artist Paolo Tamburello is staying with us at the moment in the artist residency stuido.
    • I'll be preparing a survey of our local auidences to see when they best would like to attend our new programme night (i.e. When is your favourite night to attend cinema?) so will keep you posted on that.
    • Young Model, our youth group working with film and new media have been very busy working on lots of interviews with artists, you can see some of them on our vimeo channel, we'll post them on our website shortly.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Please keep us posted. Seriously!

• Company Representative Posts: 10 Verified rep The Model Sligo

Thanks Starbelgrade,

Would you guys be interested in some ticket offers by any chance?

D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Hi Denise, thanks for the info.

Any plans on getting Don Mescall back again?

Also, any events for kids coming up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Thanks Starbelgrade,

Would you guys be interested in some ticket offers by any chance?

D

Yep - esp if they're discounted!

TequilaMockingBird

Oh yes! Was out of the office on Wednesday and just catching up today, so apologies for the delay in responding.

An exciting children's programme 'Inside/Outisde' will begin on July 25th at 1pm to coincide with the Jack B. Yeats: The Outsider exhibition.
    Kicking off with an amazing aerialists from Belfast Community Circus, a special eight-week Sunday afternoon programme of workshops in dance, visual, art, music and drama will follow. Previous lovers of ArtTrap will not be disappointed!

ArtTrap will also see a return in September with an exciting series of workshops in drawing, painting puppetry, storytelling and much more. More details will be available on our website shortly.

The Lightbox animation film festival running June 19th and 20th will also have a great line-up of children's animations. I'm just updating our website with the programme info.

Our summer event guide is currently under construction and will be available in July. Our current event guide features our events up to June.

For the most up-to-date info just visit www.themodel.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

There used to be a comedy night there a while back, is that finished now?

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Wexler12

What about the funniest Irish man ever, John Collary

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Many thanks Denise, sounds just her thing. Do I need to book her in, and if so, can I do it through your Boards.ie account?

TequilaMockingBird

We're not taking bookings for the Inside/Outside or Art Trap events just yet but we will announce details shortly.

It is always best to book directly through our booking office, I cannot facilitate bookings through boards.ie. You can call our box office at the front of house on 071 9141405 or email tickets@modelart.ie

Also - I've just posted details of a family pass for Lightbox Animation Festival (June 19th/20th) on our blog.

medicman2009 & Wexler12
    Re comedy- We're currently reviewing the comedy night and we're hoping to bring it back in the autumn, we'll keep you posted!

Advertisement