Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking of upgrading from Nokia 5800 to HTC Desire...

Options
  • 31-05-2010 12:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,082 ✭✭✭

Or Legend. Is it worth it folks? Has anyone done this? It will be with Metoer. Thinking of going on the Bill Pay Smart (1GB).
    I have read lots of posts about HTC being HUGE data suckers. I'm assuming this all the widgets (Facebook, weather, friends etc). I was hoping to just have my hotmail pushed to the phone (if possible with Meteor like on the nokia). and then use Nimbuzz (or equivalent) Cabbage (or equivalent) and browser etc as needed. When people were saying their HTC downloaded a lot by default, what kind of size are we talking about? 300 MB, 1 gig?

Cheers for the info and recommendations folks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

I've been getting on fine with a 250mb add-on on the hero since December.
    Put I'm careful to use wireless when in work and at home.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

OP I in the same boat as you but in 2 weeks will be the owner of a Desire. As for usage 1gb is plenty.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Murilloinf

literally tried to go over my gb allowance last month, even did a bit os streaming and everything. still, I just couldn't make it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,082 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Thanks for the replies folks. I'll be using my wi-fi at home also. Is there a two week waiting period for the desire keano? Also, can webmail be pushed to the phone? Just while I have ye here (I'll post my other Qs in the android section I suppose.

Again, thanks for the quick responses folks

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Thanks for the replies folks. I'll be using my wi-fi at home also. Is there a two week waiting period for the desire keano? Also, can webmail be pushed to the phone? Just while I have ye here (I'll post my other Qs in the android section I suppose.

Again, thanks for the quick responses folks
    No waiting period I just am getting it in 2 weeks when I will have enough cash.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I cant check pricing at the moment because the phones out of stock online.

any ideas what the price to plan ratio is?

I'm rocking the bill pay lite plan ( €10)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

It's about €89 - €169 as far as I know. €80 p/m for €89 phone and €30 p/m for €169 phone.

1GB is more than enough. My Desire uses less than 100MB a month (But I don't watch youtube videos over 3G or anything that data intensive).

Whatever you do, don't get the Legend. It's nowhere near as popular as the Desire when it comes to modding or attention. The fact the Desire and the Nexus One share many parts means it's always going to be very well supported. That and the fact an official update to 2.2 for the Desire is due on the 23rd (A custom rom has been already alreased). The Legend however is still as of yet coming in H2 2010.

Advertisement