Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Designing word-based logos - what software program to use?

Options
  • 31-05-2010 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hi,

I’m looking for a software program that will help me design logos similar to the one for the new movie, The Losers. What I really want to do is be able to write words one inside the other, similar to the way the “the” is inside the O of the word “Losers”. I'm pretty sure MS Word can't do something like that. The logo is here, on the movie’s website:

http://www.the-losers.com/

Thanks

Joe

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭peejay1986

MS Word wouldn't do it because its main purpose is a word processing programme. There are 2 programmes which I would/could use for such a logo - Adobe Illustrator/Adobe Photoshop.

Ideally Illustrator would be the software of choice as it creates vector images. Vector images do not reduce in quality depening on how you use them (size-wise) so its the ideal format for logos as size will be varied depending on what medium your logo is displayed on. I may also have to use Photoshop as Illustrator is a bit limited in graphical effects compared to Photoshop. So maybe the logo could be imported in to Photoshop to add the finishing touches.

There are free versions of Illustrator and Photoshop available, these being Inkscape and GIMP.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

+1 on Illustrator.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

Inkscape is free and opensource and could do that easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭lmahoney79

I would also suggest Illustrator.

Advertisement