Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

please advise me as regards dentist cost

Options
  • 31-05-2010 1:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

I rang up the dentist the other day to enquire about how much it would cost for a visit and some fillings. I havent been to the dentist in 3 years so Im pretty sure I will need some work done as have been having toothaches regularly also.
    Although the cost of a visit wasn't too expensive (€75) the cost of fillings at €130 each seems like an awful lot! and thats for an average size filling! large ones are €300.
    i just cant afford that kind of money. basically what i want to ask is, is there any way of me getting it for a cheaper price. i want this particular dentist in dublin as i have heard great things about him.
    would my VHI cover any of the cost?
    could i get it cheaper since ive worked a bit in the past year?
    i really need to know if i can get any money off?

also, when i rang the receptionist asked for my prsi number. why would she need this if i am paying with cash?

thanks boardsies

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Mingetoad

The receptionist wanted your PPS number as if you are eligible you will get the initial examination free of charge.
    To be honest the prices you quoted are on the higher side, but you've heard great things about this dentist, so obviously he has priced is services at the level he feels he is worth. It is up to you to decide if you are happy to pay his fees or want something that costs less. Most dentists are open to discussion on prices.

Advertisement