Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Large House To Rent In Ireland

Options
  • 31-05-2010 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hi all
    As titled I'm trying to find a reasonably priced large house to rent, for a week, in Ireland but it's proving very difficult as there seems to be a scarcity of same.
    Rather there's a scarcity of websites with the type of houses I'm looking for.
    There will be about 22 heads (between adults and children) and while the preference is for Clare or Galway the priority is for us all to be under the one roof.
    There's plenty of options for renting a few houses side-by-side but with a lot of small kids etc it would be ideal to be all together.
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated
    Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

BuilderBob wrote: »
    Hi all
    As titled I'm trying to find a reasonably priced large house to rent, for a week, in Ireland but it's proving very difficult as there seems to be a scarcity of same.
    Rather there's a scarcity of websites with the type of houses I'm looking for.
    There will be about 22 heads (between adults and children) and while the preference is for Clare or Galway the priority is for us all to be under the one roof.
    There's plenty of options for renting a few houses side-by-side but with a lot of small kids etc it would be ideal to be all together.
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated
    Many thanks

Did you not see anything on DAFT? I have seen large short-term rentals on there in the past. What about something like this? http://www.daft.ie/searchshortterm.daft?id=13592

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭BuilderBob

Rasmus wrote: »
    Did you not see anything on DAFT? I have seen large short-term rentals on there in the past. What about something like this? http://www.daft.ie/searchshortterm.daft?id=13592

Thanks Rasmus
    I tried may sites (including Daft and My Home).
    The house you mentioned is a guest house (not sure why it's on the site and indeed the person I spoke to didn't seem to be too sure either!).
    I blitzed daft but even at that there's still a limited selection given that we'll go pretty much anywhere in the Country
    I was hoping that someone on Boards may have already done an expedition similar to this and be able to point me in the right direction
    Thanks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

go onto daft and do an advanced search picking galway clare and 6 plus bedrooms there are loads i know some say monthly but im sure if you ring the landlord they will offer you a deal after all they are crying out to get their places rented
    best of luck and hope you and all your 22 heads have a great time

Advertisement