Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any idea on offers?

Options
  • 31-05-2010 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭

Hey just wondering if anyone could help, trying to find out when if at all colleges offer places for mature students?

I applied before the deadline, sent any info they required and am wondering if they send them out soon of is it in August with the CAO. Damn I hope not....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭delama

Hiya,

As far as I'm aware, mature student places are offered in the first round in early July.

But a lot of people from the boards seem to have been offered a place quite soon after their interview. When was your interview?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭December

Best thing to do is to phone the admissions office of the Uni you've applied for.

I rang last week just to enquire about when we might hear (July 7th for UCC) but the lady was kind enough to actually let me know I would be offered a place. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭writetojd

Didn't have an interview. Applied to Carlow, Waterford and Cork. Carlow looked for exam results but haven't heard anything further since posting them.

I'm in an awkward situation because I'm currently in Sydney so an interview isn't the easiest thing to get to if one comes up. I read though that I think Waterford got rid of the interview stage, not sure.

Thanks for all you help, just got to wait a little longer so. Finger crossed...

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭GSOIRL

I rang UCC a few weeks ago a bit concerned that I hadn't heard from them about an interview. I was told they don't do interviews for most courses. The lady was pretty helpful and told me that offers for mature students would be made in July but if I rang in June they might be able to tell me if I'm in. Must ring :)

Also I was getting very worried about UL as I'd heard nothing and knew that they did do interviews. To my massive relief I got a letter today asking me in for an interview. Happy Days:D

• Registered Users Posts: 45 CAOMAN

Offers to Mature students are mainly issued by CAO in Round A which this year will be July 7th.

Applicants will receive their highest preference course choice.

A Mature Applicants may have attended a number of interviews and may have been informed by each institution that they have been successful.

However, you will only receive the offer of your highest preference from the CAO and this is why you must place your course choices in genuire order of preference so that you get the course you most want.

Once you receive an offer, you cannot be offered a lower preference

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭delama

CAOMAN,
    if we are offered a course lower down our list and we accept, is there still a possiblity we will be offered a course higher on the list in the next round of offers, or once we accept a course, wherever it may be on our choice list, thats the end of offers??

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

delama wrote: »
    CAOMAN,
    if we are offered a course lower down our list and we accept, is there still a possiblity we will be offered a course higher on the list in the next round of offers, or once we accept a course, wherever it may be on our choice list, thats the end of offers??

Thanks

afaik if places become available on course choices higher up your list then you are offered them in subsequent offer rounds irregardless of whether or not you accepted an earlier offer. I think this is the case but hopefully someone else can confirm it.

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

I have already been accepted for degree course in UL, No interview, letter dated for 14th June 2010. God help me!

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭fionav3

I too got my offer for my course in UL, letter came friday 4th June. Yay! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29 sugajay

I was offered a place in Mary I already, I got my letter on the 27th May :D Can't wait!! Anyone else going to Mary I?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 manchegaman

Hey Writetojd,

Did you hear back from the Colleges you applied to as a mature student? I know not all insist of you doing an interview.
    I've applied to a few also but no reply as of yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭amy85

do you hear back if you dont get offered a course? i have applied as a mature student aswell and was expecting to hear something at start of july but havent heard a thing. then i checked on cao and it says that another round of offers comes out on august 5th for mature applicants so was feeling positive again,but now am confused, if there saying that offers are normally issued at start of july for mature students!! hmm.. anyways back to my original question,do you normally hear from cao even if you havent got the course? thanks
    amy

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭writetojd

Thanks manchegaman, I got offered a place in Carlow and Waterford. Delighted I got W.I.T. as its the course I really wanted. I just have to wait to get the letter in the post to find out my start date too. Haven't heard from Cork yet. As it was an Hon Deg. course I did't have to go through the CAO.

Hope everyone got what they wanted :D

Advertisement