Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with packing for a holiday

Options
  • 31-05-2010 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

We are going on holidays to Turkey with our four year old in two weeks and am wondering if anyone can help me with the packing :) I am just wondering if any of you have gone on holidays and forgotten something that you couldnt do without. We have the usual things packed... suncream, clothes, calpol ect., but any other ideas would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks in advance xx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

mozzie repellent, savalon, plasters, after sun, zirtek liquid (antihistamine), anthasan cream (antihistamine), antiseptic wipes, sunglasses, stuff for upset tummy, tea bags, hats, favorite blanket/book/toy, arm bands,

i've just started packing for france,

were also bringing a portable dvd player.....

went to majorca and didnt bring zirtek or anthasan and we all go bit by the mozzies.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,249 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Recently back from a week in Portugal with a 4 year old and a 19 month old:

A portable DVD player / netbook loaded with some movies is very handy for keeping them amused while you get ready for the beach in the mornings.

More than one pair of swimming togs is advisable as it's horrible changing into wet stuff and they'll no doubt want to go in more than once a day. We brought their own towels for the pool too.

Some small toys are a good idea - we paid a visit to the Imaginarium the week before and let them pick some small things to bring for the pool (lovely little set of boats that stacked together and a mini sized bucket/spade set which fitted the carry on perfectly).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

If you do a search you will find reviews of different water supports, i.e. bands or rings etc, my daughter at 2 was great in the water but when the ring flipped over she was trapped underneath. We had a blow up swim suit, a full swim suit, i.e. shorts and sleeves bought from heatons a few years back for the elder one for 15 and after the ring incident she wore this every day. Closest Ive seen to it the last while is in elverys they have similar, they also do them in life vests but I dont find the blow up life vests and use, pushed the little ones head towards the water as there is more air in the back than the front but I cant comment on the elverys version of the vests.

Advertisement