Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MSc Geocomputation

Options
  • 31-05-2010 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭

I was wondering if anyone is doing or has done the MSc in Geocomputation run by the National Center of Geocomputation at NUIM, and whether they could offer their thoughts on it.

If anyone has any thoughts on whether or not the course would be useful I'd also be interested in hearing them.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭ScissorPaperRock

The fact that nobody has any thoughts on this course is a little worrying!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 envirowill

The course was only introduced last year and had around 15 students so the class was very small. Don't be alarmed that no one has any issues with it as I doubt any of the class are on here. I've a friend on the inside who can vouch that the course is very good and the stuff learned is very much up to date.

Just a word of warning, there is a programming module which is very intense. If you have never done programming before it will be probably the hardest module you will take. Email the course coordinator and see what they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭ScissorPaperRock

Thanks for the reply Envirowill.

It's good to hear something positive about it anyway. I've been in contact with NCG about it before and it sounds interesting, but it's good to get perspectives from others too. I have done some programming before so that wouldn't be my biggest worry.

Cheers
    SPR

• Registered Users Posts: 21 ReecesPieces

Hi Im starting the Msc in Geocomputation in Maynooth in September, was just wondering how you found the course?

Cheers

RP

Advertisement