Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where can you get bluestone (copper sulphate) in Cork City

Options
  • 31-05-2010 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭

I am looking for bluestone (copper sulphate) in Cork City.I want it for spraying potaoes against blight.It is more organic than the more modern sprays.I have tried some places already but so far I have had no luck.It was easy to get in the old days.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

I am looking for bluestone (copper sulphate) in Cork City.I want it for spraying potaoes against blight.It is more organic than the more modern sprays.I have tried some places already but so far I have had no luck.It was easy to get in the old days.

McLaughlins in the city (Ship Street) according to a mate who knows these things:D

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭moceri

If you just want a small quantity, B&Q sell Small Sachets of Copper sulphate powder fungicide. Pack of 5 Sachets. MURPHY Copper sulphate Fungicide.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭tyler71

You can get boxes of 'Bordeaux mixture' in Woodies - mixture of copper sulphate and another salt specifically for spraying spuds - enough to do a reasonable plot of spuds if you're growing yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭disco biscuit

Where are B & Q located in Cork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭FoxT

Mahon Point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭scuby

corkcomp wrote: »
    McLaughlins in the city (Ship Street) according to a mate who knows these things:D

usually go in there as well...nice to see one last old style/Non corporate shop in da city these days...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

scuby wrote: »
    usually go in there as well...nice to see one last old style/Non corporate shop in da city these days...

+1 id always go with that option as long as prices the same or lower..

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭disco biscuit

I was in McLaughlins yesterday and they have 25kg bags of bluestone for €65.They don't have it in smaller amounts at present but will probably be getting 1 or 2 pound bags later.

Advertisement