Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone - K3765 (Win 7 64-bit)

• 31-05-2010 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

Hey guys,
    I'm having a problem installing the K3765 modem.
    The software that comes with it will not install.
    I d/loaded the newer VNC software but I get a different error: error 2738 vbscript.dll error.
    I have looked through numorous forums and it seems that 64-bit windows 7 will not install the software to use the modem.
    Anyone have any solutions??
    Cheers,
    Frankie
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Is this any help (found it elsewhere)

Error 2738. Could not access VBScript :

Run Command Prompt as administrator

1 Start Menu -> All Programs -> Accessories

Right click on Command Prompt and select Run as administrator

If you are using 64-bit version of Windows:
    Type cd %windir%\syswow64 into Command Prompt and hit Enter
    Type regsvr32 vbscript.dll into Command Prompt and hit Enter

Then plug your modem back in and try the installation again.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭frankiebaby

I did that 'fix' numerous times but without any luck.
    Thanks for the reply though.
    I did that for vbscript and jscript.dll.
    When I do it, it says it succeeded but I still get the error.
    In safe mode it is the same.
    The vbscript keys don't appear in HKEY current user in the registry either so I don't know why it dosen't work.

I have tried updated versions of the VMC lite vodafone software also with the same results.

I have installed it fine on my dell vostro laptop running Win 7 Pro 64 bit but it won't work on my sony vaio with Win 7 Home 64 bit.

I've spent a long time trawling through the net trying to find a fix but no luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 davemacs

Hi All,

I had the same issue yesterday and finally found an answer... My PC had McAfee installed by the manufacturer and I had long since removed. I used Windows Add/remove programs to remove it which does not fully clean the registry values ..... I downloaded the McAfee removal tool from their website and run it on my Toshiba Satellite with Windows 7 64 bit OS. Vodafone dongle runs first time after a reboot.

I hope this helps (unlike the appalling Vodafone support both online and on the phone)

DaveMacS

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭frankiebaby

After looking through numorous threads. What I eventually did is wipe the hard drive (using the dd command when i booted an ubuntu live cd) and then i rebuilt the computer with win 7 64-bit again so I wouldnt have any of the manufacturer installed software.

I didnt have McAfee on mine but obviously it was some other type of 'crapware' that sony had installed on the vaio.

Once i had it rebuilt i was able to reinstall the vodafone dongle.

Cheers for posting the reply anyway Dave.

Frankie

Advertisement