Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How To Delete Account

Options
  • 31-05-2010 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

I registered today twice and only need one account. I want to delete this one (Scripps) but cannot find any way to do that. Can you please advise.
    Is there a way that I could e-mail you from the account I registered with requesting the closure?

I've also (and sorry for the inconvenience) caused a duplicate thread which I can now only edit but not delete.

This thread is needed
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055926189

This thread is not
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055926182

Any help you can give would be much appreciated.

Thanks
    Audrey
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Hi, Audrey, as far as I know, you cannot delete an account once it is registered. Best just to not log on to it and leave it as it is. Or maybe you can request a site ban from an Admin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

Send a mail to Hello@boards.ie outlining what you have said above and Dav and Darragh will pick it up

Boards doesn't delete accounts but I think they will now mark an account as no longer used or that can merge the two accounts

You can use the report post icon to report one of the threads you want deleted to the Mods of the forum

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Scripps

Many thanks for the quick responses. I've sent a mail now and flagged the deuplicate thread which got deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

the biggest reason accounts wont be deleted is because of the hole they would leave after them.. for instance this thread - you've made 2 posts, if they deleted this account your posts would dissapear and after that its hard to comprehend what would happen

I'll email Stephen Hawkins, but i wouldnt be suprised if the consequences were similar to that of the aftermath of what the worlds largest Hadron Collider would cause.. THE END OF THE WORLD!

You wouldnt want to be responsible for that now.. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Scripps

Yeah, it's no big deal. If it can't be deleted I'll just not use it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Scripps wrote: »
    Yeah, it's no big deal. If it can't be deleted I'll just not use it.

Its no harm to leave it dormant. You may want to use it at some point. Just dont use it to circumvent a ban and there will be no worries :)

Enjoy boards.ie ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

The easiest thing to do is merge it into your other account - send us an email (hello@ address mentioned above) and we'll sort it out for you here in the office.

Dav

Advertisement